Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... 15:54 - Sep 19 with 3804 viewsTNBlue

Paul Jewell.

Everything began with his disastrous pie-eating reign
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 15:57 - Sep 19 with 2525 viewsFrimleyBlue

But Mick solved that
Mick then built up a solid foundation, worked with it over years and left the club in probably it's best position since Big Joe's days. ( Poss Jims)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 15:57]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 16:05 - Sep 19 with 2505 viewssouthnorfolkblue

What about Roy Keane?

What about the Club entering administration because of financial mismanagement?

Both pre date Jewell

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 16:11 - Sep 19 with 2479 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who appointed him?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 17:56 - Sep 19 with 2398 viewsfactual_blue

That would be the building of the Pioneer Stand.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 17:58 - Sep 19 with 2396 viewschicoazul

Jewell is a minor footnote of the Banter Era, although he is responsible for some of the funnier bits such as 7-1 at Posh and signing more loans than we could play and letting Delaney leave because he told him he was going to live in New York before rocking up at Palace 4 weeks later.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 17:59 - Sep 19 with 2384 viewsJ2BLUE

You mean Keane. Jewell was not good but we owe him some gratitude. He not only realised he couldn't keep us up and resigned but he also recommended the man who saved us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:00 - Sep 19 with 2381 viewsJakeITFC

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 17:58 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Jewell is a minor footnote of the Banter Era, although he is responsible for some of the funnier bits such as 7-1 at Posh and signing more loans than we could play and letting Delaney leave because he told him he was going to live in New York before rocking up at Palace 4 weeks later.

More like four hours later wasn’t it?

Absolutely hilarious.
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:05 - Sep 19 with 2361 viewsEdmundo

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 16:05 - Sep 19 by southnorfolkblue

What about Roy Keane?

Both pre date Jewell

What about Sheepy p---ing millions up the wall on two stands? We could go on...

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Login to get fewer ads

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:05 - Sep 19 with 2362 viewsRadlett_blue

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 16:05 - Sep 19 by southnorfolkblue

What about Roy Keane?

Both pre date Jewell

Keane squandered Evans's initial investment and that made him wary of giving managers a decent playing budget. He also turned the squad inside out after initially observing - correctly - that Town were only 2 or 3 players away from being a decent side.
Without doubt the worst Town manager in my 46 years of supporting Town.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:07 - Sep 19 with 2358 viewschicoazul

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:05 - Sep 19 by Radlett_blue

Keane squandered Evans's initial investment and that made him wary of giving managers a decent playing budget. He also turned the squad inside out after initially observing - correctly - that Town were only 2 or 3 players away from being a decent side.

Radlett_blue "Without doubt the worst Town manager in my 46 years of supporting Town."

Paul Hurst "Hold my beer"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:14 - Sep 19 with 2335 viewsMullet

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:05 - Sep 19 by Radlett_blue

Jewell was worse.

Far more experienced, far worse football, far more clueless, far better at watching videos and giving it the puppy dog eyes when you compare their lowest ebbs.

Keane made a mess. Jewell let the house fall apart on his watch.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:20 - Sep 19 with 2310 viewsRadlett_blue

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:14 - Sep 19 by Mullet

Jewell was worse.

Far more experienced, far worse football, far more clueless, far better at watching videos and giving it the puppy dog eyes when you compare their lowest ebbs.

Disagree. Keane inherited a squad that had just missed the play-offs, spent a huge amount of money in Championship terms for that time & turned the squad into relegation candidates.
Jewell inherited a relegation threatened team, took it to safety & then mid table obscurity before crashing & burning in spectacular style. But hard to say that worse a worse effort than Keane's.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:25 - Sep 19 with 2292 viewsMullet

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:20 - Sep 19 by Radlett_blue

Disagree. Keane inherited a squad that had just missed the play-offs, spent a huge amount of money in Championship terms for that time & turned the squad into relegation candidates.
Jewell inherited a relegation threatened team, took it to safety & then mid table obscurity before crashing & burning in spectacular style. But hard to say that worse a worse effort than Keane's.

It's like saying Pim Balkenstein was or Freddie Veseli were worse than Mark Fish.

Jewell made us a gutless mob, ran by blokes we didn't own who took the piss out of the club and us. Never have I seen an Ipswich side so nonplussed by wearing the shirt and getting dicked regularly.

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:41 - Sep 19 with 2258 viewsBlueBadger

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:14 - Sep 19 by Mullet

Jewell was worse.

Horsesh1t frankly Mullers. Jewell was *just* incompetent. Keane gutted the competent-but-unspectacular team that Magilton had put together, spunked millions on the players the Mick would have been embarrassed to sign for free, sold off or let go a number of hugely promising youth team players, sidelined Klug to the point he left and completely destroyed team morale.

But he DID give very good pressers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:42 - Sep 19 with 2249 viewsJ2BLUE

Jewell was worse.

Far worse football? Keane's football bored me senseless. I literally fought to keep my eyes open on cold winter night watching his team.

Truly impaired.

Harry Redknapp and David Pleat. (n/t) on 18:48 - Sep 19 with 2233 viewsBloots

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 16:11 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

Who appointed him?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:50 - Sep 19 with 2230 viewsMullet

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:41 - Sep 19 by BlueBadger

Horsesh1t frankly Mullers. Jewell was *just* incompetent. Keane gutted the competent-but-unspectacular team that Magilton had put together, spunked millions on the players the Mick would have been embarrassed to sign for free, sold off or let go a number of hugely promising youth team players, sidelined Klug to the point he left and completely destroyed team morale.

But he DID give very good pressers.

Nope. As with Mick, confusing the man and the manager is a common flaw.

Regardless of fees and if we believe him over Priskin and what is supposed to have been said and done by Clegg. In terms of management, Jewell was far older, far more experienced and did a far worse job.

Keane might have dismantled a team, he might have put an inferior one in its place, but he never left us with 13 senior pros including kids, and Bilel Moshni as the great sh1te hope. He never put in a managerial performance like the 4-0 defeat at Turf Moor.

Also the Klug situation was down to him being superfluous when Keane got here after stepping up to be Jim's assistant. That's the sort of misguided criticism which only demonstrates the point further.

If you look dispassionately at both, Jewell was worse. He might just have been a bit more likeable so people overlook it.

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:52 - Sep 19 with 2220 viewsBlueBadger

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:50 - Sep 19 by Mullet

Nope. As with Mick, confusing the man and the manager is a common flaw.

Regardless of fees and if we believe him over Priskin and what is supposed to have been said and done by Clegg. In terms of management, Jewell was far older, far more experienced and did a far worse job.

Keane might have dismantled a team, he might have put an inferior one in its place, but he never left us with 13 senior pros including kids, and Bilel Moshni as the great sh1te hope. He never put in a managerial performance like the 4-0 defeat at Turf Moor.

Also the Klug situation was down to him being superfluous when Keane got here after stepping up to be Jim's assistant. That's the sort of misguided criticism which only demonstrates the point further.

If you look dispassionately at both, Jewell was worse. He might just have been a bit more likeable so people overlook it.

Give over. Given the points they started at, Keane did demonstrably the worse job. The time Jewell hit his second season Evans was pulling the plug on financial support for the team and was starting for a far, far lower point.

Keane was destructive and toxic at all levels of the club and I am genuinely astonished by the blind spot you STILL have over him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:53 - Sep 19 with 2215 viewsMullet

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:42 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Far worse football? Keane's football bored me senseless. I literally fought to keep my eyes open on cold winter night watching his team.

So? That's got nothing to do with competency, especially when you actually look at both. It's like arguing Duncan was in the same bracket.

Jewell literally couldn't put together anything resembling a team most weeks by the end, and rarely even an inept one at best.

He couldn't decide where to buy and where to sell, balance a squad or instil any kind of leadership and discipline. He provided a shop window for pros to earn decent money and fcuk off as soon as they could at best, whilst freezing out the youths and being thoroughly un-Ipswich in everyway.

Keane couldn't even do half of that, such was his inability to be as sh1te.

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:57 - Sep 19 with 2193 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:42 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

The boring football from Keane comes mostly from the last 3 months of his tenure when he started playing with 4 centre backs and four central midfielders. It was dire.

But we played some decent stuff in his first season and the first few months of his second when he had us in the top six.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:58 - Sep 19 with 2187 viewsBlueBadger

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:57 - Sep 19 by GlasgowBlue

The boring football from Keane comes mostly from the last 3 months of his tenure when he started playing with 4 centre backs and four central midfielders. It was dire.

But we played some decent stuff in his first season and the first few months of his second when he had us in the top six.

...and the first season, when it took him months to work out what we could all see, which was that Damian Delaney was in now, shape or form suited to playing left back, for example.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 19:00]

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:59 - Sep 19 with 2184 viewsJ2BLUE

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:53 - Sep 19 by Mullet

So? That's got nothing to do with competency, especially when you actually look at both. It's like arguing Duncan was in the same bracket.

Jewell literally couldn't put together anything resembling a team most weeks by the end, and rarely even an inept one at best.

He couldn't decide where to buy and where to sell, balance a squad or instil any kind of leadership and discipline. He provided a shop window for pros to earn decent money and fcuk off as soon as they could at best, whilst freezing out the youths and being thoroughly un-Ipswich in everyway.

Keane couldn't even do half of that, such was his inability to be as sh1te.

Keane's teams of 4 CBs were equally as bad. Sometimes IIRC 4 CMs as well.

As I said earlier, Jewell redeemed himself with his honesty that he couldn't turn it around and by recommending the man who saved us. Keane would have taken us down with his arrogance and walked away without a care if he was in that situation.

Truly impaired.

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 19:00 - Sep 19 with 2181 viewsMullet

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:52 - Sep 19 by BlueBadger

Give over. Given the points they started at, Keane did demonstrably the worse job. The time Jewell hit his second season Evans was pulling the plug on financial support for the team and was starting for a far, far lower point.

Keane was destructive and toxic at all levels of the club and I am genuinely astonished by the blind spot you STILL have over him.

This is a bloke I slate for for walking out on his country, so that doesn't work. Although as a player he was of course one of the greatest of his generation.

The overarching factor is of course Evans' ineptitude. But as a manager to say he ever just curled up died whilst pleading for everyone to pity him because he'd sh1t himself and let us smell it whilst the world beat him down, like Jewell did is nonsense.

From the vantage point of the dug out Jewell is buried somewhere under the turf and Keane is rolling amongst Lucozade bottles trying to pick a fight with some bibs.

People also forget what a job Mick did with those same players Jewell left, notching up promotion form almost right off the bat. It colours just how badly he was doing to be there in the first place.

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 19:02 - Sep 19 with 2160 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:58 - Sep 19 by BlueBadger

...and the first season, when it took him months to work out what we could all see, which was that Damian Delaney was in now, shape or form suited to playing left back, for example.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 19:00]

You mean QPR's left back Damian Delaney who Jim had already set the wheels in motion to bring to the club before he was sacked?

I think he switched DD to the centre after about 8 or 9 games of the season fwir

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 19:06 - Sep 19 with 2148 viewsBlueBadger

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:59 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Keane's teams of 4 CBs were equally as bad. Sometimes IIRC 4 CMs as well.

As I said earlier, Jewell redeemed himself with his honesty that he couldn't turn it around and by recommending the man who saved us. Keane would have taken us down with his arrogance and walked away without a care if he was in that situation.

Totally. It's telling that Jewell tried to resign whilst Keane had to be sacked. Utterly without a club how badly he was performing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024