Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... 15:54 - Sep 19 with 3823 viewsTNBlue

Paul Jewell.

Everything began with his disastrous pie-eating reign
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 19:08 - Sep 19 with 1263 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 19:06 - Sep 19 by BlueBadger

Totally. It's telling that Jewell tried to resign whilst Keane had to be sacked. Utterly without a club how badly he was performing.

The difference being that when Keane was sacked we were in the semi final of the league cup and not in the bottom 3 whereas when Jewell went we were rock bottom and something like seven point adrift.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 22:40 - Sep 19 with 1218 viewsquirkie

All went wrong when Sir Bobby left for the England job.

Apart from one good season in the Premier league since then we have been utter garbage year in year out. C'est la vie.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 22:46 - Sep 19 with 1216 viewsBloomBlue

Rubbish, it was Burely getting us relegated from the Prem which is the real root
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 22:46 - Sep 19 with 1216 viewsJohnny_Boy

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:41 - Sep 19 by BlueBadger

Horsesh1t frankly Mullers. Jewell was *just* incompetent. Keane gutted the competent-but-unspectacular team that Magilton had put together, spunked millions on the players the Mick would have been embarrassed to sign for free, sold off or let go a number of hugely promising youth team players, sidelined Klug to the point he left and completely destroyed team morale.

But he DID give very good pressers.

Oooof!
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 22:58 - Sep 19 with 1202 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Forget Jewell. Or Keane.

Simon Clegg turned up before either of those two. Magilton was out and Keane was in within the first 48 hours of Clegg's reign of terror, so arguably he initiated the whole decline. Then managed to negotiate us into overspending on every bad player while penny-pinching on anyone who could actually make a positive difference.
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 22:58 - Sep 19 with 1198 viewsJohnny_Boy

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:25 - Sep 19 by Mullet

It's like saying Pim Balkenstein was or Freddie Veseli were worse than Mark Fish.

Jewell made us a gutless mob, ran by blokes we didn't own who took the piss out of the club and us. Never have I seen an Ipswich side so nonplussed by wearing the shirt and getting dicked regularly.

Gibberish nonsense from a loon.
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 08:50 - Sep 20 with 1146 viewsWacko

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:25 - Sep 19 by Mullet

It's like saying Pim Balkenstein was or Freddie Veseli were worse than Mark Fish.

Jewell made us a gutless mob, ran by blokes we didn't own who took the piss out of the club and us. Never have I seen an Ipswich side so nonplussed by wearing the shirt and getting dicked regularly.

Veseli is now a Serie A centre back!

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 09:13 - Sep 20 with 1135 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 17:58 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Jewell is a minor footnote of the Banter Era, although he is responsible for some of the funnier bits such as 7-1 at Posh and signing more loans than we could play and letting Delaney leave because he told him he was going to live in New York before rocking up at Palace 4 weeks later.

Signing more loans than we can play you say?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 09:14 - Sep 20 with 1134 viewsRadlett_blue

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 08:50 - Sep 20 by Wacko

Veseli is now a Serie A centre back!

Good god, I didn't know that!
Mick out!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 09:16 - Sep 20 with 1130 viewsCurrie10

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 18:57 - Sep 19 by GlasgowBlue

The boring football from Keane comes mostly from the last 3 months of his tenure when he started playing with 4 centre backs and four central midfielders. It was dire.

But we played some decent stuff in his first season and the first few months of his second when he had us in the top six.

Ahh not just me that couldn't tolerate that.

I'll never forget Hull away under Keane, the year Koren scored the banger and they won 1-0.

Met James Harper from Hull that day having a post match KFC to celebrate - pick the bones out of that one....

Anyway, the 3 subs that came on from ' Roystons ' 4 cbs, 4 cm, lone striker with edwards 'shambles' -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/9194842.stm

Priskin, Wickham, Peters.

As for Townsend?! Unused sub. He appears to be Hurst's Edun. That's one for another day.....!

As for Jewell - car crash management but he DID for a spell play some very eye pleasing football.

Sure, the results were rubbish and we had a soft centre - but to compare the absolute tripe Keane ' served ' up and claim it was better to watch than Jewell, when he did the 4-2-3-1 and it clicked for a spell - absolutely not!

What was the CM two that everyone wanted to see given a go for ages under Jewell inplace of Leadbitter + Norris? Drury + .... ? My minds gone on that one.
Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 09:25 - Sep 20 with 1113 viewsbluewein

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 09:16 - Sep 20 by Currie10

Ahh not just me that couldn't tolerate that.

I'll never forget Hull away under Keane, the year Koren scored the banger and they won 1-0.

Met James Harper from Hull that day having a post match KFC to celebrate - pick the bones out of that one....

Anyway, the 3 subs that came on from ' Roystons ' 4 cbs, 4 cm, lone striker with edwards 'shambles' -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/9194842.stm

Priskin, Wickham, Peters.

As for Townsend?! Unused sub. He appears to be Hurst's Edun. That's one for another day.....!

As for Jewell - car crash management but he DID for a spell play some very eye pleasing football.

Sure, the results were rubbish and we had a soft centre - but to compare the absolute tripe Keane ' served ' up and claim it was better to watch than Jewell, when he did the 4-2-3-1 and it clicked for a spell - absolutely not!

What was the CM two that everyone wanted to see given a go for ages under Jewell inplace of Leadbitter + Norris? Drury + .... ? My minds gone on that one.

Pick the bones out of that one.

Did Harper not know he could have had a boneless banquet and saved himself the bother...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 09:49 - Sep 20 with 1085 viewschicoazul

Of course we should never forget the real root of the problems at this club... on 22:58 - Sep 19 by NoCanariesAllowed

Forget Jewell. Or Keane.

Simon Clegg turned up before either of those two. Magilton was out and Keane was in within the first 48 hours of Clegg's reign of terror, so arguably he initiated the whole decline. Then managed to negotiate us into overspending on every bad player while penny-pinching on anyone who could actually make a positive difference.

I too feel Clegg is the worst appointment Evans ever made (although it was Evans who picked Keane). A nice man totally out of his depth. Sounds familiar.

EDIT; although to be fair Clegg was here when Mick arrived. Not saying he appointed him but there is a degree of credit there.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 9:51]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024