Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days 14:49 - Sep 19 with 9141 viewsLuk38644

A post claiming Evan is going to sack Hurst because he's 'a bit too brash' appears at half-time last night and the whole place goes batsh*t crazy. It was clearly a reactionary post to the gutless first half performance, and while the OP has previous for getting things right, he's also got previous for being wrong. The second half shows that if Hurst doesn;t stray from his preferred system, team and plan, we'll start to see things coming together, and if Evans was to sack Hurst for 'changing things' even though that's what was required, then I'm done with him for good, and I imagine alot of other people would too.

Don't try telling me some of the senior players don't like PH. Look at Chambo, Knudsen and Skuse celebrating Jackson's goal last night, not much of a divide between the new/old players is there. The fact there are actually people on Facebook, Twitter and here actually entertaining the though of sacking a manager after 8 games into a new season disgusts me tbh, it makes me hate the modern football fan. Mick gets two seasons of patience, Hurst gets 8 games. Madness.

Adding to that, last night also helped show that a camel is a horse designed by a committee. People were calling for two up front, they got it, people were calling for wing backs, they got it, and we looked absolute sh*t. I hope we never try five-at-the-back again unless we are going to play proper technical wing-backs instead of full-backs. Undr Mick, we would have stuck with the system and hoped for a change of fortunes through grit and effort, but thankfully, Hurst identified the problem, made some ballsy changes and admitted he was wrong. What a refreshing change. A manager who openly discusses his thinking, admits he can get it wrong and sorts it out.

The second half was a sign of exactly what happens when you show some patience and stick with the plan. We were playing 2nd in the league who looked impressive in possession, and we took the game to them, nullified them for large periods and looked capable of winning it. Replacing Spence was a must, he had and has had a complete shocker of late and we need to keep Donacien in the team. Harrison looked completely lost at times and Jackson showed exactly what a striker short of supply should do... run your bloody a*se off. Nolan linked up the play to Jackson very well, the wingers kept Brentford's full-backs deep, Ward looked a completely different beast taking people on and the goal has come from a bit of quick passing out wide and a lovely cross from Trev and a good run from Jackson. That is exactly what we need to strive for, not matching teams up with 5-at-the-back, but stick with our game, take it to teams and we'll be fine.

To me, that second half says we must show patience and must persist with Hurst's preferred system. All this panicking and jumping the gun is far too early. 8 games. Mid-September. And some fans want him gone. It'll come. Hurst made a mistake in that first half, he acknowledged it, identified it, changed it and got it right in the second half. I can see us tonking Bolton on Saturday if we lineup with the team that finished the game.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:52 - Sep 19 with 4087 viewsFrimleyBlue

"The second half was a sign of exactly what happens when you show some patience and stick with the plan. "

But the plan was 3-5-2 at the start of the game, so that plan wasn't stuck too......

"People were calling for two up front, they got it, people were calling for wing backs, they got it"

So you're adding to that now then, people are calling for exact second half team to start on saturday
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 14:56]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:53 - Sep 19 with 4062 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:54 - Sep 19 with 4058 viewsCurrie10

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:52 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

"The second half was a sign of exactly what happens when you show some patience and stick with the plan. "

But the plan was 3-5-2 at the start of the game, so that plan wasn't stuck too......

"People were calling for two up front, they got it, people were calling for wing backs, they got it"

So you're adding to that now then, people are calling for exact second half team to start on saturday

Which plan do you want to stick with ?

A B C D E F G
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:55 - Sep 19 with 4048 viewsStokieBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:52 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

From the last week it seems the only thing that would actually make you happy would be heavy losses and sacking the manager.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:59 - Sep 19 with 4006 viewsLuk38644

Last night wasn't a plan, it was matching up Brentford. It didn't suit us at all. The plan from the start of the season was 4141/4231. I was pissed off Hurst blinked last night and succumbed to the 'two-up-front' and 'wing-backs' obsession. We saw under MM it doesn't work without proper attack minded and technical wing-backs. We don't have them.

Stick to the plan that was successful at Shrewsbury. Let Hurst do his thing. Too many, including you, are too keen to jump on every little thing. These things take time and if I'm honest, the people I've seen jumping on his back at every opportunity have been sceptical of him since day 1. Give it a f*cking chance.

Oh shock, Currie and Micknose have arrived.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 14:59]
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:59 - Sep 19 with 3992 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:55 - Sep 19 by StokieBlue

From the last week it seems the only thing that would actually make you happy would be heavy losses and sacking the manager.

SB

Why because I disagree with his post?

He just said stick to a plan................. the only reason last night was semi successful was because Hurst threw away his gameplan.........

He then said how everyone wanted certain things, whilst his post and many others talk about wanting the 2nd half set up. Not an issue with that at all, but you can't moan at people for wanting things whilst then wanting things yourself

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:00 - Sep 19 with 3991 viewsWD19

These days!?
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:01 - Sep 19 with 3982 viewsLuk38644

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:59 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

He just said stick to a plan................. the only reason last night was semi successful was because Hurst threw away his gameplan.........

He then said how everyone wanted certain things, whilst his post and many others talk about wanting the 2nd half set up. Not an issue with that at all, but you can't moan at people for wanting things whilst then wanting things yourself

'He just said stick to a plan................. the only reason last night was semi successful was because Hurst threw away his gameplan......... '

He reverted to the plan. The original plan. The one we started the season with and have played until Hurst blinked and tried to grit out a few points. What don't you get about that?

I want us to play the second half team because it was evidently better and is clearly the plan and has been since day 1.

I swear you just look for every negative mate. I'd hate to be a fan like you.
Login to get fewer ads

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:03 - Sep 19 with 3974 viewsStokieBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:59 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

No because every single post you've made on here recently is negative or stirring.

A number of posters have told you it's tiresome.

It's tiresome.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:04 - Sep 19 with 3963 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 14:59 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

Last night wasn't a plan, it was matching up Brentford. It didn't suit us at all. The plan from the start of the season was 4141/4231. I was pissed off Hurst blinked last night and succumbed to the 'two-up-front' and 'wing-backs' obsession. We saw under MM it doesn't work without proper attack minded and technical wing-backs. We don't have them.

Stick to the plan that was successful at Shrewsbury. Let Hurst do his thing. Too many, including you, are too keen to jump on every little thing. These things take time and if I'm honest, the people I've seen jumping on his back at every opportunity have been sceptical of him since day 1. Give it a f*cking chance.

Oh shock, Currie and Micknose have arrived.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 14:59]

When you set your side out, it's your game plan.

I've seen some posts about 2 up top, but I can't remember seeing any about wingbacks, so I'm not actually sure why that keeps popping up.

"Let Hurst do his thing. Too many, including you, are too keen to jump on every little thing. "

I'm not sat next to him saying no no, do it like this. Hurst has all the free reign to run the side how he wishes.

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:06 - Sep 19 with 3937 viewsLuk38644

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:04 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

When you set your side out, it's your game plan.

I've seen some posts about 2 up top, but I can't remember seeing any about wingbacks, so I'm not actually sure why that keeps popping up.

"Let Hurst do his thing. Too many, including you, are too keen to jump on every little thing. "

I'm not sat next to him saying no no, do it like this. Hurst has all the free reign to run the side how he wishes.

Yep, Hurst has complete free reign, I agree, and I criticise him when he gets it wrong, like his lineup last night, and that first half. That was down to Hurst.

That said, you need to give credit where it's deserved, something you could learn to do. H changed it, reverted to his ORIGINAL plan and brought on some attack minded players. That's my point, he should have stuck with his original system the entire time, but didn't and we suffered for it.

Stick with the original plan, it will come together.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:16 - Sep 19 with 3868 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:06 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

Yep, Hurst has complete free reign, I agree, and I criticise him when he gets it wrong, like his lineup last night, and that first half. That was down to Hurst.

That said, you need to give credit where it's deserved, something you could learn to do. H changed it, reverted to his ORIGINAL plan and brought on some attack minded players. That's my point, he should have stuck with his original system the entire time, but didn't and we suffered for it.

Stick with the original plan, it will come together.

Everyone including me has been saying stick to the original plan. Hurst hasn't, that's only down to 1 person, nothing me or anyone elses forum posts would have changed that

I've given credit for the 2nd half. But I'm also not going to take it as the moment our season changes until we see how he follows it up.

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:19 - Sep 19 with 3856 viewsSpruceMoose

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:16 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Everyone including me has been saying stick to the original plan. Hurst hasn't, that's only down to 1 person, nothing me or anyone elses forum posts would have changed that

I've given credit for the 2nd half. But I'm also not going to take it as the moment our season changes until we see how he follows it up.

Honestly. We could be in the play off final and you would be moaning we weren't Champions. In fact we could probably be Champions and you'd be moaning that we didn't get more points.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:20 - Sep 19 with 3856 viewsLuk38644

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:16 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

I've seen you say today that alot of the second half was down to Brentford backing off rather than our changes.

Just admit it, you'll never be happy.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:23 - Sep 19 with 3829 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:20 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

I've seen you say today that alot of the second half was down to Brentford backing off rather than our changes.

Just admit it, you'll never be happy.

I've said no such thing

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:27 - Sep 19 with 3814 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:19 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

Honestly. We could be in the play off final and you would be moaning we weren't Champions. In fact we could probably be Champions and you'd be moaning that we didn't get more points.

You know what Spruce, you're spot on mate, what am I thinking

We drew a game 1-1

Oh wait we're currently still bottom with 0 wins in all competitions this season. Why must I want so much just to be 2nd bottom

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:29 - Sep 19 with 3798 viewsSpruceMoose

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:27 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

We drew a game 1-1

Oh wait we're currently still bottom with 0 wins in all competitions this season. Why must I want so much just to be 2nd bottom

I'm beyond caring what you think now. You've left any credibility you might have had behind. You're like the boy who cried wolf. Any valid points you may have are just lost in your vast sea of negativity, and I can't be bothered to hunt through the dross to find out if you have anything worth saying.

I'll just assume it's all guff from this point out.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:35 - Sep 19 with 3756 viewsLuk38644

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:27 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

We drew a game 1-1

This is your problem. You don't go. You don't see the performances. You just look at the table and the wins column and decide it's all sh*t, where as if you were there last night, you'd see that the way we played second half is exactly the way forward for us, and that Hurst can and will get it right.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:38 - Sep 19 with 3728 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:29 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

I'm beyond caring what you think now. You've left any credibility you might have had behind. You're like the boy who cried wolf. Any valid points you may have are just lost in your vast sea of negativity, and I can't be bothered to hunt through the dross to find out if you have anything worth saying.

What is it you want exactly?

Our manager, who upto last night, had failed to win any games.

He then put out the most strangest lineup known to man.

He realises he fked up, makes changes and we claw ourselves a point.

Now, apart from getting a point, which I've already said well done for, baring in mind how crp the first half was, how am I expecting too much???

None of us know how Saturday will be. BUT based on recent games, do I TRUST Hurst to put out the 2nd half team? no, do I personally think even if he did, would we win? no I don't.

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:39 - Sep 19 with 3724 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:35 - Sep 19 by Luk38644

This is your problem. You don't go. You don't see the performances. You just look at the table and the wins column and decide it's all sh*t, where as if you were there last night, you'd see that the way we played second half is exactly the way forward for us, and that Hurst can and will get it right.

I watched it last night thanks

And like I said, we will see what Hurst does in future, BUT he has done nothing so far for me trust him that he'll do what he majority of you are hoping for, and even if he does, am I confident it's enough, I'm not sure.

There is nothing, NOTHING wrong with that opinion.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 15:41]

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:39 - Sep 19 with 3724 viewsSpruceMoose

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:38 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

What is it you want exactly?

Our manager, who upto last night, had failed to win any games.

He then put out the most strangest lineup known to man.

He realises he fked up, makes changes and we claw ourselves a point.

Now, apart from getting a point, which I've already said well done for, baring in mind how crp the first half was, how am I expecting too much???

None of us know how Saturday will be. BUT based on recent games, do I TRUST Hurst to put out the 2nd half team? no, do I personally think even if he did, would we win? no I don't.

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:41 - Sep 19 with 3700 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:39 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

You should because you find it difficult to hold a discussion with someone who doesn't agree with you.

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:42 - Sep 19 with 3698 viewsSpruceMoose

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:41 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

You should because you find it difficult to hold a discussion with someone who doesn't agree with you.

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:42 - Sep 19 with 3684 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:42 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

You should because you find it difficult to hold a discussion with someone who doesn't agree with you..

Waka waka eh eh

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:43 - Sep 19 with 3678 viewsBlueBadger

The most laughable aspect of that whole 'Hurst is too brash for Evans' is that it relies on you forgetting that Evans employed Roy Keane for the thick end of two years.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 15:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024