Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days 14:49 - Sep 19 with 9091 viewsLuk38644

A post claiming Evan is going to sack Hurst because he's 'a bit too brash' appears at half-time last night and the whole place goes batsh*t crazy. It was clearly a reactionary post to the gutless first half performance, and while the OP has previous for getting things right, he's also got previous for being wrong. The second half shows that if Hurst doesn;t stray from his preferred system, team and plan, we'll start to see things coming together, and if Evans was to sack Hurst for 'changing things' even though that's what was required, then I'm done with him for good, and I imagine alot of other people would too.

Don't try telling me some of the senior players don't like PH. Look at Chambo, Knudsen and Skuse celebrating Jackson's goal last night, not much of a divide between the new/old players is there. The fact there are actually people on Facebook, Twitter and here actually entertaining the though of sacking a manager after 8 games into a new season disgusts me tbh, it makes me hate the modern football fan. Mick gets two seasons of patience, Hurst gets 8 games. Madness.

Adding to that, last night also helped show that a camel is a horse designed by a committee. People were calling for two up front, they got it, people were calling for wing backs, they got it, and we looked absolute sh*t. I hope we never try five-at-the-back again unless we are going to play proper technical wing-backs instead of full-backs. Undr Mick, we would have stuck with the system and hoped for a change of fortunes through grit and effort, but thankfully, Hurst identified the problem, made some ballsy changes and admitted he was wrong. What a refreshing change. A manager who openly discusses his thinking, admits he can get it wrong and sorts it out.

The second half was a sign of exactly what happens when you show some patience and stick with the plan. We were playing 2nd in the league who looked impressive in possession, and we took the game to them, nullified them for large periods and looked capable of winning it. Replacing Spence was a must, he had and has had a complete shocker of late and we need to keep Donacien in the team. Harrison looked completely lost at times and Jackson showed exactly what a striker short of supply should do... run your bloody a*se off. Nolan linked up the play to Jackson very well, the wingers kept Brentford's full-backs deep, Ward looked a completely different beast taking people on and the goal has come from a bit of quick passing out wide and a lovely cross from Trev and a good run from Jackson. That is exactly what we need to strive for, not matching teams up with 5-at-the-back, but stick with our game, take it to teams and we'll be fine.

To me, that second half says we must show patience and must persist with Hurst's preferred system. All this panicking and jumping the gun is far too early. 8 games. Mid-September. And some fans want him gone. It'll come. Hurst made a mistake in that first half, he acknowledged it, identified it, changed it and got it right in the second half. I can see us tonking Bolton on Saturday if we lineup with the team that finished the game.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 21:18 - Sep 19 with 1447 viewsbluerthanthou

Thanks to Luke and hadleighboyblue for taking the time to spell out their thoughts which, pretty much, chime with mine and, dare I say it, most match going people that I know. I'm keeping faith with the PH project but realise this needs time and a buy-in from all concerned.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 21:56 - Sep 19 with 1411 viewsTractorWood

Patience is key. Hopefully we can get a win and get the lad's tails up a bit.

We made Brentford look electric first half and were lucky to still be in the game in my opinion. Second half we were decent but we need to put together a decent 90 minutes to win a game in this league.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 08:10 - Sep 20 with 1365 viewstractorboy1978

In terms of results and matters on the pitch I am in complete agreement, however, if relationships off the pitch with key members of staff are as strained as I am led to believe then his job is becoming progressively more under threat.
There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 08:21 - Sep 20 with 1353 viewsitfcst

It's probably no surprise to most people but the club is apparently up for sale. One of my customers is part of a consortium of local (ish) people that are in talks to purchase from ME.

www.ASSE-kids.fr
Poll: Which bin do cats go in?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 09:08 - Sep 20 with 1329 viewsHerbivore

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 15:54 - Sep 19 by Benters2

Bore off

I like the cut of his Jib

Not like you to team up with someone relentlessly negative and lacking in brain cells.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 13:29 - Sep 20 with 1258 viewsSpruceMoose

There is some proper sh*t on this forum these days on 08:21 - Sep 20 by itfcst

It's probably no surprise to most people but the club is apparently up for sale. One of my customers is part of a consortium of local (ish) people that are in talks to purchase from ME.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024