Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... 14:47 - Sep 19 with 8150 viewsTNBlue

Happy with how things are going with the new guy?
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 17:08 - Sep 19 with 3293 viewsbraveblue

Yes. But mainly happy because McCarthy has gone. Big rush to employ him I see!!
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 17:49 - Sep 19 with 3250 viewscobbler

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:53 - Sep 19 by Eireannach_gorm

Logged in from Bali to down vote you. 'His type of football' was good enough for us when it got us to the playoffs. 'His type of football' was lauded by all and sundry when we were competing on a shoestring. While 'His type of football' was mind numbing in the last few years there was little respect given to him for previous achievements. It was particularly nasty when he had already handed his notice. Unfortunately numbskull rule. Hurst is next up.

Wippi fcuking do.
Thank god he is not our manager now he well and truly over stayed his welcome and I don’t know anyone who honestly thought we were going up under his management.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 18:06 - Sep 19 with 3233 viewstiptreeblue

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:53 - Sep 19 by Eireannach_gorm

Logged in from Bali to down vote you. 'His type of football' was good enough for us when it got us to the playoffs. 'His type of football' was lauded by all and sundry when we were competing on a shoestring. While 'His type of football' was mind numbing in the last few years there was little respect given to him for previous achievements. It was particularly nasty when he had already handed his notice. Unfortunately numbskull rule. Hurst is next up.

His type of football when we got to the playoffs almost made me give up my season tickets. we stupidly, gave it one more season and, between us we saw four games after Christmas that season because it was so boring. So it wasn`t lauded by all and sundry
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 18:09 - Sep 19 with 3231 viewschicoazul

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:51 - Sep 19 by BlueRaider

We're bottom so of course not, but there are signs of improvement.

The issue of hounding out McCarthy (I did join in the 'you're football is s$%t' chants, but nothing else) is not intrinsically linked. That relationship had run its course and was decaying the club. In my view he needed to go.

Whether or not Hurst is the right replacement should be looked at longer term than just a knee jerk after 8 games

signs of improvement

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 18:13 - Sep 19 with 3223 viewsGuthrum

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:48 - Sep 19 by shamboy

"the best we could have hoped for'. Ahem! Were you watching Romaine Sawyers and Ollie Watkins last night at all?

You believe we could have bought either of those this summer? I'm talking about the reality of McCarthy leaving in April 2018 and subsequent changes to the team, not what might have happened in previous windows.

Converseley, do you think Edwards and Jackson will not turn out as good as those you mention, with a season or two in the Championship under their belts?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:30 - Sep 19 with 3184 viewsjas0999

The vast majority of fans, whether anti or pro MM realised that his time had come to an end. Even ME realised it. Attendances were falling. Atmosphere toxic. He rightly left.

The question is whether PH is the right appointment. In fairness PH has posed that very notion. Time will tell. Jury still out. Eight games. No wins. Not good though.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:46 - Sep 19 with 3172 viewsSuperblue95

It was absolutely the right decision for mick to go. So far things aren't working out great with Hurst, but there's still 38 game to go for him to get things right

The negativity on here by so many is mind boggling

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:52 - Sep 19 with 3167 viewsTrequartista

We didn't appoint the new guy.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:52 - Sep 19 with 3168 viewsmarcus1642

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 17:05 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

You don't half talk out of your arras, Skiddy.

Always quick with dim witted insults. Are you blue badgers twin?.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:55 - Sep 19 with 3160 viewsSuperblue95

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:52 - Sep 19 by marcus1642

If he is, I hope they don't both look like Iain Dowie

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:58 - Sep 19 with 3156 viewsSpruceMoose

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:52 - Sep 19 by marcus1642

You've put a full stop after a question mark and you're calling ME dim?

You and your primary school education can get lost
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 20:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:03 - Sep 19 with 3142 viewsStewart27

Drama queen
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:05 - Sep 19 with 3139 viewsRyorry

He didn't exactly help himelf re his attitude to fans tho did he. Some of the chants were certainly outrageous, but they were from a minority, and instead of rising above that in a dignified fashion (goes with the territry of being a professional football manager) he chose to give it back in a manner which was insulting to all ITFC fans generally, not just the mindless idiots.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:08 - Sep 19 with 3133 viewsmarcus1642

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 19:58 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

You've put a full stop after a question mark and you're calling ME dim?

You and your primary school education can get lost
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 20:03]

Again, a dim witted insult. I love your kinder garden humour.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:09 - Sep 19 with 3129 viewsitfctim

Oh the gift of hindsight!...great timing for such a pathetic post, and hell yeah, I'd rather the new dawn, and fresh approach to the stale stagnant ITFC we had become under that dinosaur...(how quickly was he snapped up for his next job?)...answers on a stamp when you're ready...
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:10 - Sep 19 with 3129 viewsSpruceMoose

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:08 - Sep 19 by marcus1642

*Kindergarten

Unless you meant 'Kinder Egg' and spelled 'egg' incorrectly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:10 - Sep 19 with 3127 viewsSuperblue95

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 20:08 - Sep 19 by marcus1642

Misspelling Kindergarten won't help you argue against his comment

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 21:53 - Sep 19 with 3072 viewsWadeyBlue

Hounded?? Hahaha!!

Could of done with a win by now but last night was another step forward from PH by showing that he is prepared to change it when its going wrong or not working.

P.s He's gone get over it. Move on.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 05:23 - Sep 20 with 3003 viewsBenters2

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 17:05 - Sep 19 by SpruceMoose

You don't half talk out of your arras, Skiddy.

Pipe down Yank
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 05:29 - Sep 20 with 3000 viewssotd78

Not guilty. But.....anyone who tells the family enclosure to fukc off has probably lost the right to stay. So far Mr Hurst hasn’t managed to slag off the remaining 14,000.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 05:29 - Sep 20 with 2998 viewsBenters2

Could be but he can say what he likes as he is hilarious!
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 06:10 - Sep 20 with 2991 viewsrgp1

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:39 - Sep 19 by LeagueOne

Let's be frank it was time for Mick to go, i'd have much rather a more dignified exit as I genuinely rated him as a manager but Evans having him hanging on here in half life mode caused even more friction and he was right to sack it off when he did.

Hurst probably wouldn't have been my choice to replace him with but we are where we are with it . If things haven't improved by next month I don't see him being here very long to be honest.

As a geniune question if we don't win by the next international break we could be close to firefighting. Do we call a taxi for Hurst them or leave it a month or two in which case the fire could be out of control?
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 07:59 - Sep 20 with 2949 viewsPositivelyPortman

Wimp.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... (n/t) on 09:55 - Sep 20 with 2908 viewsronnyblue

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:51 - Sep 19 by BlueRaider

We're bottom so of course not, but there are signs of improvement.

The issue of hounding out McCarthy (I did join in the 'you're football is s$%t' chants, but nothing else) is not intrinsically linked. That relationship had run its course and was decaying the club. In my view he needed to go.

Whether or not Hurst is the right replacement should be looked at longer term than just a knee jerk after 8 games

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 12:14 - Sep 20 with 2863 viewsBecclesITFC

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:55 - Sep 19 by TNBlue

Mick was not the problem IMO. The problem is the lack of ambition and investment from the top. Perhaps "Your investment is sh1t" would have been a more worthwhile chant to sing?

ME has pumped in well over 100M is that sh1t investment???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024