Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating 13:39 - Sep 19 with 7457 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

At no time in this process has Marcus Evans handed Paul Hurst his ITFC bank card, given him his pin number and proclaimed 'don't go too crazy sweetheart'.

There is all this talk of Hurst making too many changes, bringing in too many players, selling players, loaning too many, but none of this seems to appreciate that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these moves was agreed by Evans.

At any time Evans could have confirmed we'd spent the budget, he didn't want any more signings and I think we need to separate out Evans being disappointed with the start or maybe being annoyed with something Hurst has done with Evans not realising what Hurst was up to on recruitment which is weirdly creeping in.

Evans had his eyes wide open when he handed Hurst another £2m for the Shrewsbury pair, agreed to make Graham the 6th loanee and paid £1.6m for Jackson. He trusted Hurst, backed him and he will be as aware as anyone that there will be problems initially, finding the right balance, keeping players happy, appeasing those players left out and leaving one loanee out each time.

Now Hurst could have upset senior players but this may be justifiably or unjustifiably. He may have gone away from something Evans ideally wanted and that could be a sour point. But can we at least recognise please that Evans hasn't gone rogue and spent all Evans money without permission.

That doesn't need to be part of the narrative and there needs to be a degree of realism that Evans knew we could struggle with a new manager, new players, most of them stepping up a level and with the hangover of the McCarthy era as well. Evans is clearly going to give him time to get it right.

So yes there may be an issue between the two. But let's at least keep the wild theories vaguely realistic!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:15 - Sep 19 with 2441 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:11 - Sep 19 by JakeITFC

It’s fairly sensible not to mouth off about the exact details or the source of stuff you’ve heard on a public forum, just through good manners aside from any other possible implications.

It really isn’t surprising that stuff gets out - Ipswich is a small place and the circles that Joe, ABB and myself watch Ipswich in are pretty overlapping, so it isn’t too much of a stretch to suggest that if somebody knows something then word could spread.

Which is exactly the point.

People do 'mouth off' on here. They claim they have a source, they tell everyone and in some cases we know who they are in real life and it's easy for the 'source' to be aware that this is what they are doing.

Which makes it even stranger. Because if there is a training ground punch up witnessed by 25 players, who probably all tell 3 or 4 people, then 100 people know. It's not like when news of a training ground punch up, Teddy Bishop is thinking that could only have come from my dad as he's the only person I told.

This 'def info' here is probably something known by 10, 20 or 50 people. It is plain weird to proclaim to know stuff then not elaborate. Either keep it to yourself or explain what it is. Anything else makes people look like sad attention seekers.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:16 - Sep 19 with 2424 viewsFrimleyBlue

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:15 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

People do 'mouth off' on here. They claim they have a source, they tell everyone and in some cases we know who they are in real life and it's easy for the 'source' to be aware that this is what they are doing.

Which makes it even stranger. Because if there is a training ground punch up witnessed by 25 players, who probably all tell 3 or 4 people, then 100 people know. It's not like when news of a training ground punch up, Teddy Bishop is thinking that could only have come from my dad as he's the only person I told.

This 'def info' here is probably something known by 10, 20 or 50 people. It is plain weird to proclaim to know stuff then not elaborate. Either keep it to yourself or explain what it is. Anything else makes people look like sad attention seekers.

"Either keep it to yourself or explain what it is"

Or explain what It is

Which is exactly what people have been doing.....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:18 - Sep 19 with 2422 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:16 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

"Either keep it to yourself or explain what it is"

Or explain what It is

Which is exactly what people have been doing.....

No. They've been saying things are not right, Klug is unhappy (without specifying why) and Evans is not happy (without specifying why).

A world away from saying Evans is furious with the way Chambers was dressed down in front of the whole team on the bus to Hull. A specific piece of information.

All we get from people is 'something happened on the bus'.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:24 - Sep 19 with 2404 viewsDanTheMan

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:18 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

No. They've been saying things are not right, Klug is unhappy (without specifying why) and Evans is not happy (without specifying why).

A world away from saying Evans is furious with the way Chambers was dressed down in front of the whole team on the bus to Hull. A specific piece of information.

All we get from people is 'something happened on the bus'.

Why do you need the specifics? Most of the people saying these things are regulars and have enough trust around here for it not to be an issue. And even then Joe has gone into more detail than you're giving him credit for.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:31 - Sep 19 with 2380 viewsJakeITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:15 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

But there is a difference between knowing and alluding to something and being a loud mouth.

For example, me and Joe regularly watch the U23s together and converse generally - if I (or he) logged on here after a conversation to see a copy of our conversation and the source of it, I (or he) would be rightly pissed off and probably stop saying things.

I know for a fact that there is disharmony in the club involving the first team. This isn’t me showing off, it’s just a fact.
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:35 - Sep 19 with 2365 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:24 - Sep 19 by DanTheMan

Why do you need the specifics? Most of the people saying these things are regulars and have enough trust around here for it not to be an issue. And even then Joe has gone into more detail than you're giving him credit for.

For all we know a 'regular' has heard and shared a rumour or BS and all the regulars have got this info from each other, which is why it all checks out.

Now if people actually confirmed the information they had and it was from different sources but seemed to corroborate itself then that's a different matter.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:36 - Sep 19 with 2363 viewsGuthrum

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:58 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

I don't think that the apparent mistreatment of Klug can be or will be ignored.

I've heard some stuff from a reliable source that I won't put on here but suffice to say things are not rosy in Camp ITFC.

What is this 'mistreatment of Klug'? Bear in mind I've not been on here much the last two weeks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:37 - Sep 19 with 2354 viewsFrimleyBlue

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:35 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

For all we know a 'regular' has heard and shared a rumour or BS and all the regulars have got this info from each other, which is why it all checks out.

Now if people actually confirmed the information they had and it was from different sources but seemed to corroborate itself then that's a different matter.

Although that's not true

I said my piece on Dozzell, thread reply galore on how it was rubbish about the stopped loan etc and personal abuse followed.

Joe, who is one of the most trusted posters on here, pretty much confirms similar hearings.............

So that's the corroboration you mention, yet that wasn't ok...

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:38 - Sep 19 with 2357 viewsitfcjoe

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:03 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Fair enough. Thanks for responding.

To your knowledge then why is there an us versus them because from what I saw in the first few games it was Bart, Knudsen, Skuse and Chambers that were the poorest performers.

I have no problem with them being annoyed at League One players coming in, being paid more money and taking their places in the team but that's not the case. They seem to be at risk of losing their places in the team through their own poor performance and from the outside it looks like all the regulars who had it easy under Mick don't like having to do their jobs.

I’m talking more about club staff than players specifically

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:38 - Sep 19 with 2355 viewsartsbossbeard

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:35 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Fair enough, there's no issues behind the scenes, everything is a-ok and anyone who says anything to the contrary has an issue currently with their pants being on fire.

Is that better?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:38 - Sep 19 with 2350 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:31 - Sep 19 by JakeITFC

But there is a difference between knowing and alluding to something and being a loud mouth.

For example, me and Joe regularly watch the U23s together and converse generally - if I (or he) logged on here after a conversation to see a copy of our conversation and the source of it, I (or he) would be rightly pissed off and probably stop saying things.

I know for a fact that there is disharmony in the club involving the first team. This isn’t me showing off, it’s just a fact.

Anybody can see that's the case from the press conferences and interviews and particularly what Chambers has said.

Now if people can actually confirm what the issue is. Or do we assume that a senior player has only told one person and will know it's them.

Because the fact all the 'regulars' seem to all have info, suggests that enough people have been told it to be impossible to pin the blame on one person given some inside info, somewhat reducing the need to keep it completely confidential.

From what we understand loads of different people close to ITFC all know what's going on, but none of them can be specific in case they were the only one told. You don't see how silly that is?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:40 - Sep 19 with 2334 viewsLankHenners

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:38 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Anybody can see that's the case from the press conferences and interviews and particularly what Chambers has said.

Now if people can actually confirm what the issue is. Or do we assume that a senior player has only told one person and will know it's them.

Because the fact all the 'regulars' seem to all have info, suggests that enough people have been told it to be impossible to pin the blame on one person given some inside info, somewhat reducing the need to keep it completely confidential.

From what we understand loads of different people close to ITFC all know what's going on, but none of them can be specific in case they were the only one told. You don't see how silly that is?

Don't believe it then and move on. Why does this all bother you so much?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:46 - Sep 19 with 2294 viewsJakeITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:38 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It’s not just about pinning blame, though.

Me saying things aren’t great is very different to me saying Player/Coach A is unhappy because of x, y and z.

I could tell you that I have a regular dialogue with Paul Hurst and it would count for nothing if you don’t believe what I’m saying already.

The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t really have any incentive to lie, I don’t want Paul Hurst to fail and yet I’m still concerned about the way things are. So whether you believe me or not, that’s the way it is.
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:15 - Sep 19 with 2220 viewsrosseden

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:38 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

I’m talking more about club staff than players specifically

i dont mix in the circles Joe does - infact we have never met as far as im aware. I have heard from two different people, both with different links to the club, who dont know each other, that things arent good behind the scenes, different situations, similar issues. So when i read about chambers getting a dressing down, or see some of the comments in press conferences, it just makes others comments more believable..... I dont think anyone has the ME hotline, and joins in chats with BK about how its going, but anyone with man management skills can see things are moving backwards on that front, not forwards at the moment.....

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:17 - Sep 19 with 2221 viewsSteve_M

It's more bloody useful than people who create multiple threads desperately looking for up arrows.

Trying to belittle sensible and well-liked posters isn't making you look good here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:19 - Sep 19 with 2213 viewsReuser_is_God

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:36 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

What is this 'mistreatment of Klug'? Bear in mind I've not been on here much the last two weeks.

I'm interested in knowing the details of this too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:26 - Sep 19 with 2196 viewsGuthrum

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:19 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

Is rather important as the last thing we want is to upset and once again lose such an important part of the Academy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:29 - Sep 19 with 2191 viewsLeagueOne

Hurst for all the criticism over the sales and recruitment has to work within Evans budget after all.

I am sure he (and Mick before) would have loved to retain players, loans and build a squad over time with a lot of options without having to sell or cut players to be able to manage it within the budget. If Hurst had a Waghorn, Garner, Webster or even a Didz to fall back on now and help develop the new players around we would be much better off than we are, the more options a manager has the better. It also gives continuity to the club - something we all praised Mick for bringing back to Ipswich after the chop and change Keane/Jewell era where we didnt know who was in the squad what week or even if we owned half the players we were starting!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:41 - Sep 19 with 2168 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:17 - Sep 19 by Steve_M

It's more bloody useful than people who create multiple threads desperately looking for up arrows.

Trying to belittle sensible and well-liked posters isn't making you look good here.

Let's deal with well liked posters first.

That shouldn't be an issue. A well liked person shouldn't be applauded for spouting rubbish nor should an unpopular one be ignored when making a valid point. Let's actually judge the comments on their merits, not just decide if we like the person saying them or not.

Secondly the issue of sensible posters.

I took an issue with something Joe said, someone you are holding up as sensible. The same person who recommended pre-match yesterday that Hurst should make the catastrophic clusterf*ck of dropping Gerken, who has done nothing wrong and was our best player on Saturday, with Bart, ignoring Bart's poor form and the fact many people here were asking whether he needed to be drop despite the credit he had in bank, on the basis that Bart had been better historically.

Like Hurst, I will judge people as I find them since joining and that seems to be largely criticism at Hurst from Joe who, if I didn't know better, comes across as a mate of Bart's. Given all the man of the match awards he has handed out to him over the years maybe that is the case, but that suggestion yesterday was as far away from sensible as you can get.

But I doubt people will agree, because he's 'popular'.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:57 - Sep 19 with 2134 viewsitfcjoe

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:41 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Let's deal with well liked posters first.

That shouldn't be an issue. A well liked person shouldn't be applauded for spouting rubbish nor should an unpopular one be ignored when making a valid point. Let's actually judge the comments on their merits, not just decide if we like the person saying them or not.

Secondly the issue of sensible posters.

I took an issue with something Joe said, someone you are holding up as sensible. The same person who recommended pre-match yesterday that Hurst should make the catastrophic clusterf*ck of dropping Gerken, who has done nothing wrong and was our best player on Saturday, with Bart, ignoring Bart's poor form and the fact many people here were asking whether he needed to be drop despite the credit he had in bank, on the basis that Bart had been better historically.

Like Hurst, I will judge people as I find them since joining and that seems to be largely criticism at Hurst from Joe who, if I didn't know better, comes across as a mate of Bart's. Given all the man of the match awards he has handed out to him over the years maybe that is the case, but that suggestion yesterday was as far away from sensible as you can get.

But I doubt people will agree, because he's 'popular'.

I really don't understand what your issue is with me at the moment.

"The same person who recommended pre-match yesterday that Hurst should make the catastrophic clusterf*ck of dropping Gerken"

Is ridiculously OTT. I said I would play Bart as i think you should play your best players.

This opinion should hardly be the that controversial - bearing in mind Bart has been POTY for the last 3 seasons - and I was hardly digging Hurst out for it, I was just saying that is what I would do.

Maybe I was drunk then too.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:59 - Sep 19 with 2128 viewsartsbossbeard

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:19 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

It's within Zondervantash's thread somewhere, I believe.

BK is feeling somewhat undermined and ignored on his views on player matters. Not happy about Nydam & Woolfie going out on loan and not happy about Dozzell not being deemed ready whilst new players brought in to play in these positions - all on the back of not winning a game this season.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:09 - Sep 19 with 2093 viewsFrimleyBlue

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:59 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

BK is feeling somewhat undermined and ignored on his views on player matters. Not happy about Nydam & Woolfie going out on loan and not happy about Dozzell not being deemed ready whilst new players brought in to play in these positions - all on the back of not winning a game this season.

One thing to remember. Hurst. " Being told players are good when they're not"

That may help people understand what the issues are.

Waka waka eh eh

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:20 - Sep 19 with 2072 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:59 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

With all due respect, what the hell has it got to do with Klug?

His job is to bring players through for consideration for the first team. At that stage it is down to Hurst.

Klug didn't want the managers job. Maybe he would have been considered if he did want it. But if Hurst decides that any of Klug's lot are not good enough, not right for the system, need toughening up first, that is Hurst's call as manager and it sounds unreasonable of Klug to expect anything else.

Now if his nose has been put out of place by believing Hurst's comments about being told some players were good players was aimed at Hurst that's another thing, but Hurst doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke to come in and pick a fight with an extremely well liked and respected academy coach who is going to help him succeed in his job.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:25 - Sep 19 with 2054 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:57 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

I really don't understand what your issue is with me at the moment.

"The same person who recommended pre-match yesterday that Hurst should make the catastrophic clusterf*ck of dropping Gerken"

Is ridiculously OTT. I said I would play Bart as i think you should play your best players.

This opinion should hardly be the that controversial - bearing in mind Bart has been POTY for the last 3 seasons - and I was hardly digging Hurst out for it, I was just saying that is what I would do.

Maybe I was drunk then too.

My 'issue' as you describe is that initially when I joined here you seemed like a good, balanced and sensible poster, but a few games into the season you seemed to turn on Hurst.

Little digs in most posts and it came across as if there was an agenda, given how dramatic a turn it was. You had a few days of utter flouncing and then settled back down a bit.

Given that you are one of the popular members of the forum, deemed 'in the know' and have now joined a well watched ITFC podcast, I would consider you have more of a responsibility to be as balanced as you previously were, because otherwise there will be people on here that accept what you say, adopt your view and that becomes part of the whole problem and is detrimental to what we all want to achieve.

Last I'm going to say on the matter. I just feel like you could easily have been replaced with another user from the Villa game onwards, such is the complete change in persona.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:25 - Sep 19 with 2051 viewsartsbossbeard

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:20 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

With all due respect, what the hell has it got to do with Klug?

His job is to bring players through for consideration for the first team. At that stage it is down to Hurst.

Klug didn't want the managers job. Maybe he would have been considered if he did want it. But if Hurst decides that any of Klug's lot are not good enough, not right for the system, need toughening up first, that is Hurst's call as manager and it sounds unreasonable of Klug to expect anything else.

Now if his nose has been put out of place by believing Hurst's comments about being told some players were good players was aimed at Hurst that's another thing, but Hurst doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke to come in and pick a fight with an extremely well liked and respected academy coach who is going to help him succeed in his job.

You know best.

I'm out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024