Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating 13:39 - Sep 19 with 7460 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

At no time in this process has Marcus Evans handed Paul Hurst his ITFC bank card, given him his pin number and proclaimed 'don't go too crazy sweetheart'.

There is all this talk of Hurst making too many changes, bringing in too many players, selling players, loaning too many, but none of this seems to appreciate that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these moves was agreed by Evans.

At any time Evans could have confirmed we'd spent the budget, he didn't want any more signings and I think we need to separate out Evans being disappointed with the start or maybe being annoyed with something Hurst has done with Evans not realising what Hurst was up to on recruitment which is weirdly creeping in.

Evans had his eyes wide open when he handed Hurst another £2m for the Shrewsbury pair, agreed to make Graham the 6th loanee and paid £1.6m for Jackson. He trusted Hurst, backed him and he will be as aware as anyone that there will be problems initially, finding the right balance, keeping players happy, appeasing those players left out and leaving one loanee out each time.

Now Hurst could have upset senior players but this may be justifiably or unjustifiably. He may have gone away from something Evans ideally wanted and that could be a sour point. But can we at least recognise please that Evans hasn't gone rogue and spent all Evans money without permission.

That doesn't need to be part of the narrative and there needs to be a degree of realism that Evans knew we could struggle with a new manager, new players, most of them stepping up a level and with the hangover of the McCarthy era as well. Evans is clearly going to give him time to get it right.

So yes there may be an issue between the two. But let's at least keep the wild theories vaguely realistic!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:41 - Sep 19 with 3921 viewsJakeITFC

Marcus Evans being useless isn’t news.
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:42 - Sep 19 with 3900 viewsportmanking

Marcus Evans being incompetent in the footballing world is hardly breaking news.
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:44 - Sep 19 with 3872 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. This all seems to have a grain of truth but it's been wildly exaggerated because people want to believe it. It seems to be a circle. One person says something, another repeats it and adds a bit more to try and prove they are in the know. The next person adds a bit more and suddenly PH's head is on the chopping block, the 'senior players' are unhappy with him and he's upset all the youth coaches.

Take a step back people and try to be unbiased.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:46 - Sep 19 with 3853 viewsJakeITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:44 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Agree. This all seems to have a grain of truth but it's been wildly exaggerated because people want to believe it. It seems to be a circle. One person says something, another repeats it and adds a bit more to try and prove they are in the know. The next person adds a bit more and suddenly PH's head is on the chopping block, the 'senior players' are unhappy with him and he's upset all the youth coaches.

Take a step back people and try to be unbiased.

Where’s the bias? Who wants Hurst to fail?
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:49 - Sep 19 with 3831 viewsartsbossbeard

It's absolutely fine to dismiss this all as bullcrap but my take would be if Joe comes out with something, there's most certainly a "def info" element to it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:50 - Sep 19 with 3798 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:46 - Sep 19 by JakeITFC

Where’s the bias? Who wants Hurst to fail?

It would take 5 minutes to look around this forum and find that there were people that wrote Hurst off after 3 or 4 games and are now completely convinced he's lost the plot or is out of his depth.

To me he looks like a bloke desperate to get the first win by any means necessary just to get that monkey off our back and instil some confidence and that's taken him away from his preferred approach and led to him gambling, like last night where the first half was a disaster and he admitted as much and changed it.

But there are certainly plenty of people who have gone back in that weird mind set when Mick was here of acting like they want us to lose the next five so the manager can be sacked and then a real one can come in. The people who would rather see us lose pints of blood than keep picking the scab.

We all want the same thing but some people do a very good impression in being more interested in being right than Town picking up points.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:50 - Sep 19 with 3795 viewsDanTheMan

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:49 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

It's absolutely fine to dismiss this all as bullcrap but my take would be if Joe comes out with something, there's most certainly a "def info" element to it.

Not even just him, quite a few regulars.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:53 - Sep 19 with 3766 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:49 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

I've not been here long but Joe seems to have decided Hurst was not good enough a few games ago, has largely posted negative posts about him and posted at 3am (presumably after a few drinks in the sponsors lounge from what I saw on Twitter) and so I am not going to take that as particularly accurate.

Joe and some of the others with a bit of info seem to be saying all is not well. I am not doubting there are some issues. We are bottom of the league. I'd be more concerned if everything in the dressing room and behind the scenes was content. That would be a bigger issue!

There are plenty of people who will know a little about what's going on in the club and that's fine. But we are talking about people suggesting they know what famously secretive, shy, reclusive Marcus Evans is thinking. Which is utter rubbish.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 13:54]

Login to get fewer ads

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:55 - Sep 19 with 3735 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree but is it as bad as it seems or is this story going round in circles and getting worse by the minute?

Truly impaired.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:55 - Sep 19 with 3716 viewsartsbossbeard

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:53 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I've not been here long but Joe seems to have decided Hurst was not good enough a few games ago, has largely posted negative posts about him and posted at 3am (presumably after a few drinks in the sponsors lounge from what I saw on Twitter) and so I am not going to take that as particularly accurate.

Joe and some of the others with a bit of info seem to be saying all is not well. I am not doubting there are some issues. We are bottom of the league. I'd be more concerned if everything in the dressing room and behind the scenes was content. That would be a bigger issue!

There are plenty of people who will know a little about what's going on in the club and that's fine. But we are talking about people suggesting they know what famously secretive, shy, reclusive Marcus Evans is thinking. Which is utter rubbish.

I'll repeat, if Joe says something it's worth treating as "def info" levels of knowledge.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:58 - Sep 19 with 3702 viewsartsbossbeard

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:55 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Agree but is it as bad as it seems or is this story going round in circles and getting worse by the minute?

I don't think that the apparent mistreatment of Klug can be or will be ignored.

I've heard some stuff from a reliable source that I won't put on here but suffice to say things are not rosy in Camp ITFC.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:59 - Sep 19 with 3685 viewsitfcjoe

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:53 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

A few points.

I was driving last night, not drinking.

I don’t want Hurst to fail, I haven’t decided he isn’t good enough, in fact my position on this is that Evans has made his bed and needs to lie in it. And sort out any problems that are existing behind the scenes rather than chuck baby out with bath water.

But I know enough to know that there are serious issues behind the scenes - most of which seem unnecessary and with regards to Hurst trying to stamp his authority in everything and a number of people are upset at the approach and a them and us culture between Hurst and his guys and the existing staff.

That gap could already be too big and irreparable, and if it is Evans will pull the trigger and Hurst only has himself to blame.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:01 - Sep 19 with 3651 viewsFrimleyBlue

I get what you're saying however

Say my wife sold a pair of her best shoes. But it was ok because there were some backups in the cupboard, never been worn. If she then decides to lend them to her friend so that the shoes get some wear into them, but then comes to me and says, sht, I've just lent out these shoes, I need another pair because those other black ones have a slight dent in them and it could break at anytime.......... I'd feel like I have to trust her and help. ( Webster, pennington and Woolfenden)

But also, say my wife sold a coat, great coat, worth a fair bit, everyone loves that coat. But said to me, with that money she could go and get 2 more coats that could last her a while, and between them cost less to buy than the coat she sells. I'd be mad not too
(Waghorn, Harrison, Jackson)

Then you've got this situation, the 2 new coats, don't suit the weather we currently have, however there's one that's been used before and very successful at keeping her cool during a slightly warmer period, it doesn't cost a lot, but would help massively. Once again i'd be mad not too ( Walters)

You see, you're right in a way, he could have said no. BUT the way in which Hurst was chopping and changing the squad, it is actually quite difficult to know when Evans could have turned around and said enough is enough, we needed defenders, we needed midfielders, we needed strikers, the problem is, we got rid of too many first, before we went shopping so we ended up having to double up on players therefore creating the issue we find ourselves in.

I've no idea If the above makes sense, It kinda did and didn't whilst I was writing it lol

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:03 - Sep 19 with 3638 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:59 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

A few points.

I was driving last night, not drinking.

I don’t want Hurst to fail, I haven’t decided he isn’t good enough, in fact my position on this is that Evans has made his bed and needs to lie in it. And sort out any problems that are existing behind the scenes rather than chuck baby out with bath water.

But I know enough to know that there are serious issues behind the scenes - most of which seem unnecessary and with regards to Hurst trying to stamp his authority in everything and a number of people are upset at the approach and a them and us culture between Hurst and his guys and the existing staff.

That gap could already be too big and irreparable, and if it is Evans will pull the trigger and Hurst only has himself to blame.

Fair enough. Thanks for responding.

To your knowledge then why is there an us versus them because from what I saw in the first few games it was Bart, Knudsen, Skuse and Chambers that were the poorest performers.

I have no problem with them being annoyed at League One players coming in, being paid more money and taking their places in the team but that's not the case. They seem to be at risk of losing their places in the team through their own poor performance and from the outside it looks like all the regulars who had it easy under Mick don't like having to do their jobs.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:04 - Sep 19 with 3621 viewsLankHenners

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:01 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Say my wife sold a pair of her best shoes. But it was ok because there were some backups in the cupboard, never been worn. If she then decides to lend them to her friend so that the shoes get some wear into them, but then comes to me and says, sht, I've just lent out these shoes, I need another pair because those other black ones have a slight dent in them and it could break at anytime.......... I'd feel like I have to trust her and help. ( Webster, pennington and Woolfenden)

But also, say my wife sold a coat, great coat, worth a fair bit, everyone loves that coat. But said to me, with that money she could go and get 2 more coats that could last her a while, and between them cost less to buy than the coat she sells. I'd be mad not too

Then you've got this situation, the 2 new coats, don't suit the weather we currently have, however there's one that's been used before and very successful at keeping her cool during a slightly warmer period, it doesn't cost a lot, but would help massively. Once again i'd be mad not too ( Walters)

You see, you're right in a way, he could have said no. BUT the way in which Hurst was chopping and changing the squad, it is actually quite difficult to know when Evans could have turned around and said enough is enough, we needed defenders, we needed midfielders, we needed strikers, the problem is, we got rid of too many first, before we went shopping so we ended up having to double up on players therefore creating the issue we find ourselves in.

I've no idea If the above makes sense, It kinda did and didn't whilst I was writing it lol

Makes about as much sense as everything else you've ever posted.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:05 - Sep 19 with 3611 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:01 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Stop giving your wife money mate!

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:05 - Sep 19 with 3606 viewsJ2BLUE

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 13:58 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

I don't think that the apparent mistreatment of Klug can be or will be ignored.

I've heard some stuff from a reliable source that I won't put on here but suffice to say things are not rosy in Camp ITFC.

Ahh more info you can't post. Can you reveal the Bart delay yet or is that still classified?

Truly impaired.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:06 - Sep 19 with 3586 viewsartsbossbeard

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:03 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Fair enough. Thanks for responding.

To your knowledge then why is there an us versus them because from what I saw in the first few games it was Bart, Knudsen, Skuse and Chambers that were the poorest performers.

I have no problem with them being annoyed at League One players coming in, being paid more money and taking their places in the team but that's not the case. They seem to be at risk of losing their places in the team through their own poor performance and from the outside it looks like all the regulars who had it easy under Mick don't like having to do their jobs.

"And I also apologise for insinuating that you were drunk when posting in the early hours".

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:09 - Sep 19 with 3549 viewsBiGDonnie

Bruh, don't speak about Joe like that!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:09 - Sep 19 with 3553 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:05 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Ahh more info you can't post. Can you reveal the Bart delay yet or is that still classified?

ITFC def info is fast becoming the Ryan Gooding thread.

If Simon Milton tells me that Klug and Doig had a bare knuckle fight in the car park last night I would either say nothing or tell people I heard that Klug and Doig had a scrap and not reveal my source.

I wouldn't post saying all is not well and there'd be an incident of some sort. The def info we receive here is very much 'you've lost someone important to you in your life haven't you, directed at a 110 year old great grandmother that lived through the war'.

It hardly takes a genius to work out there will be some issues at ITFC currently yet nobody in the know can give us more than I'm getting the letters 'M' and 'E'.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:11 - Sep 19 with 3525 viewsJakeITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:05 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

It’s fairly sensible not to mouth off about the exact details or the source of stuff you’ve heard on a public forum, just through good manners aside from any other possible implications.

It really isn’t surprising that stuff gets out - Ipswich is a small place and the circles that Joe, ABB and myself watch Ipswich in are pretty overlapping, so it isn’t too much of a stretch to suggest that if somebody knows something then word could spread.
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:11 - Sep 19 with 3518 viewsartsbossbeard

Back to your old ways that I've picked you up on before then.

Carry on.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:11 - Sep 19 with 3525 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:06 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

"And I also apologise for insinuating that you were drunk when posting in the early hours".

Being drunk is not a crime, nor is posting whilst drunk.

Therefore not sure why I would need to apologise for disagreeing with what someone had posted and commenting that I presumed they'd had a few drinks.

I presumed incorrectly but I don't see anyone apologising to Hurst for presuming he'd start with a 4231 or presuming that we'd lose at half time.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:13 - Sep 19 with 3481 viewsJ2BLUE

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:11 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

Back to your old ways that I've picked you up on before then.

Carry on.

What old ways are they? You've just developed a habit of talking about your info but you can't possibly reveal it.

I like you ABB but I think if you have info you can't post you should keep it to yourself. I have had (relatively minor) info in the past that I couldn't post so it would have been pointless telling everyone.

Truly impaired.

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:14 - Sep 19 with 3466 viewsartsbossbeard

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 14:11 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Being drunk is not a crime, nor is posting whilst drunk.

Therefore not sure why I would need to apologise for disagreeing with what someone had posted and commenting that I presumed they'd had a few drinks.

I presumed incorrectly but I don't see anyone apologising to Hurst for presuming he'd start with a 4231 or presuming that we'd lose at half time.

You didn't disagree, you dismissed it as you'd assumed he'd been drinking. Much different.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024