Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating 13:39 - Sep 19 with 7447 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

At no time in this process has Marcus Evans handed Paul Hurst his ITFC bank card, given him his pin number and proclaimed 'don't go too crazy sweetheart'.

There is all this talk of Hurst making too many changes, bringing in too many players, selling players, loaning too many, but none of this seems to appreciate that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these moves was agreed by Evans.

At any time Evans could have confirmed we'd spent the budget, he didn't want any more signings and I think we need to separate out Evans being disappointed with the start or maybe being annoyed with something Hurst has done with Evans not realising what Hurst was up to on recruitment which is weirdly creeping in.

Evans had his eyes wide open when he handed Hurst another £2m for the Shrewsbury pair, agreed to make Graham the 6th loanee and paid £1.6m for Jackson. He trusted Hurst, backed him and he will be as aware as anyone that there will be problems initially, finding the right balance, keeping players happy, appeasing those players left out and leaving one loanee out each time.

Now Hurst could have upset senior players but this may be justifiably or unjustifiably. He may have gone away from something Evans ideally wanted and that could be a sour point. But can we at least recognise please that Evans hasn't gone rogue and spent all Evans money without permission.

That doesn't need to be part of the narrative and there needs to be a degree of realism that Evans knew we could struggle with a new manager, new players, most of them stepping up a level and with the hangover of the McCarthy era as well. Evans is clearly going to give him time to get it right.

So yes there may be an issue between the two. But let's at least keep the wild theories vaguely realistic!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:31 - Sep 19 with 1060 viewsReuser_is_God

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:59 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

It's within Zondervantash's thread somewhere, I believe.

BK is feeling somewhat undermined and ignored on his views on player matters. Not happy about Nydam & Woolfie going out on loan and not happy about Dozzell not being deemed ready whilst new players brought in to play in these positions - all on the back of not winning a game this season.

Think that's all fair enough from Klug with the exception of the Dozzell injury stuff, Hurst is getting that spot on IMO.

The Woolfenden & Nydam loans don't make sense on the face of it & I can understand the annoyance but I feel it's important to judge these loans (ones where a player goes out for development) on what happens when that player returns. If he comes back & gets into the first team & establishes himself it's a success but if they come back & just continue in the u23s the initial loan is pointless.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 16:40]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:32 - Sep 19 with 1055 viewsitfcjoe

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:25 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

My 'issue' as you describe is that initially when I joined here you seemed like a good, balanced and sensible poster, but a few games into the season you seemed to turn on Hurst.

Little digs in most posts and it came across as if there was an agenda, given how dramatic a turn it was. You had a few days of utter flouncing and then settled back down a bit.

Given that you are one of the popular members of the forum, deemed 'in the know' and have now joined a well watched ITFC podcast, I would consider you have more of a responsibility to be as balanced as you previously were, because otherwise there will be people on here that accept what you say, adopt your view and that becomes part of the whole problem and is detrimental to what we all want to achieve.

Last I'm going to say on the matter. I just feel like you could easily have been replaced with another user from the Villa game onwards, such is the complete change in persona.

All that means is you used to agree with me and now you don't - I haven't changed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:33 - Sep 19 with 1050 viewsGuthrum

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 15:59 - Sep 19 by artsbossbeard

It's within Zondervantash's thread somewhere, I believe.

BK is feeling somewhat undermined and ignored on his views on player matters. Not happy about Nydam & Woolfie going out on loan and not happy about Dozzell not being deemed ready whilst new players brought in to play in these positions - all on the back of not winning a game this season.

Thanks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:38 - Sep 19 with 1031 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:32 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

All that means is you used to agree with me and now you don't - I haven't changed

If that’s what you believe then not much I can do to debate it further!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:45 - Sep 19 with 1011 viewsportmanking

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:38 - Sep 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If that’s what you believe then not much I can do to debate it further!

I don't think Joe's standpoint has changed one bit since the summer.

Joe, like myself and some others on here, seemed sceptical as to whether Hurst was the right man and enough of a change from Mick - I still would have preferred Ross. That didn't mean Joe was willing PH to fail - I think we'd all prefer to see a free-flowing Hurst side challenging at the right end of the table. Unfortunately, we've seen very little to ease our pre-season concerns - on and off the pitch.
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:03 - Sep 19 with 969 viewsitfcjoe

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 16:45 - Sep 19 by portmanking

I don't think Joe's standpoint has changed one bit since the summer.

Joe, like myself and some others on here, seemed sceptical as to whether Hurst was the right man and enough of a change from Mick - I still would have preferred Ross. That didn't mean Joe was willing PH to fail - I think we'd all prefer to see a free-flowing Hurst side challenging at the right end of the table. Unfortunately, we've seen very little to ease our pre-season concerns - on and off the pitch.

The frustrating thing is, when we have tried to play in the 'style' Hurst was so successful in with Shrewsbury I think we have looked good.

I have my concerns with what I am hearing off the pitch, but the 2nd half was a great watch last night and we need to play like that and be set up like that if Hurst is to be a success.

It felt as though he has lost his nerve over last 2-3 games with setup and style, if he is going to fail here he needs to fail doing what has brought him success elsewhere

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:11 - Sep 19 with 938 viewsportmanking

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:03 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

The frustrating thing is, when we have tried to play in the 'style' Hurst was so successful in with Shrewsbury I think we have looked good.

I have my concerns with what I am hearing off the pitch, but the 2nd half was a great watch last night and we need to play like that and be set up like that if Hurst is to be a success.

It felt as though he has lost his nerve over last 2-3 games with setup and style, if he is going to fail here he needs to fail doing what has brought him success elsewhere

I totally agree that the second half last night saw Hurst's much-fabled pressing game finally bear fruit.

Joe - what's your opinion on Hurst's style of play? Do you see enough of a difference from Mick? I've struggled to see much of a difference in the main - second 45 last night excepted. Although even then, the second 45 last night drew comparisons to 2014/15 when we were in our pomp under MM.
One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:15 - Sep 19 with 930 viewsitfcjoe

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:11 - Sep 19 by portmanking

I totally agree that the second half last night saw Hurst's much-fabled pressing game finally bear fruit.

Joe - what's your opinion on Hurst's style of play? Do you see enough of a difference from Mick? I've struggled to see much of a difference in the main - second 45 last night excepted. Although even then, the second 45 last night drew comparisons to 2014/15 when we were in our pomp under MM.

There have definitely been patches in games when it has shown, and just needs more of it.

A lot of problem caused by being ill prepared due to late appointment which led to late business etc

Login to get fewer ads

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:20 - Sep 19 with 915 viewsSuperfrans

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:03 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

The thing that does frustrate me about this entire situation (because I really don't want to bail on him so early) is that I'm certain that, if he does go, he'll go somewhere else and be a real success there too. His philosophy s a good one. Few of us would probably disagree with it - high energy, high tempo, attacking football, players giving their all etc etc.

So frustrating.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:58 - Sep 19 with 853 viewsMullet

One key thing that the 'in the know' crowd don't seem to be appreciating on 17:20 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

The thing that does frustrate me about this entire situation (because I really don't want to bail on him so early) is that I'm certain that, if he does go, he'll go somewhere else and be a real success there too. His philosophy s a good one. Few of us would probably disagree with it - high energy, high tempo, attacking football, players giving their all etc etc.

So frustrating.

He could easily be another Lambert or Holloway whose purple patch has gone and a change up was the change that ended it for good.

Really interesting to see a few so invested in Hurst being beyond reproach, and continually lashing out in greater ways as this run has gone on becoming more polarised.

As ever, consistency and nuance is the enemy on TWTD.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024