Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartosz... 08:40 - Sep 19 with 7477 viewsportmanking

I'm told the senior players had words with Hurst re. dropping Bialkowski and a difference of opinion has brought about the beginning of the end in terms of breakdown in communication between PH and the senior pros.

Bart cut an exceedingly forlorn figure at half time last night. Sat on the bench alone for much of the 15-minute interval, before signing a few autographs.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 8:44]
Bartosz... on 08:42 - Sep 19 with 4444 viewsStokieBlue

That's not a very clear post, at least to me.

Beginning of the end for whom?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bartosz... on 08:44 - Sep 19 with 4422 viewspoppiesman

Gerken played very well last night though.
Bartosz... on 08:44 - Sep 19 with 4406 viewsportmanking

Bartosz... on 08:42 - Sep 19 by StokieBlue

That's not a very clear post, at least to me.

Beginning of the end for whom?

SB

Edited for you.
Bartosz... on 08:45 - Sep 19 with 4381 viewsuefacup81

If the manager cannot drop a senior player who is out of form and not performing, without incurring the wrath of the rest of the squad, then I fear that any problems at the club may be slightly bigger than a young manager finding his feet at a new level.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Bartosz... on 08:45 - Sep 19 with 4382 viewsSuperfrans

It would seem a bit odd, given all the talk of togetherness that our squad has had, that they would behave like that the Gerken. Clearly, championing Bart like that would be incredibly disrespectful to Gerks.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bartosz... on 08:45 - Sep 19 with 4391 viewsReuser_is_God

Hurst made it clear when he joined that everyone, rightly, started on the same page. A clean slate with no preconceived ideas.

Bart started the season as number 1 & made numerous mistakes at set pieces & was dropped. It seems weird for us fans who have seen him produce world class save after world class save in the last 2/3 years but Hurst hasn’t seen that.

Whilst I rate Bart a lot more than I do Gerken it has to be said that Gerken has justified his selection, especially last night.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bartosz... on 08:46 - Sep 19 with 4377 viewsStokieBlue

Bartosz... on 08:44 - Sep 19 by portmanking

Edited for you.

Thanks.

If that's the case then the fault is with the senior pros. They shouldn't dictate team selection and was it the wrong decision at the time?

Is this Ipswich or Chelsea?

SB

Bartosz... on 08:46 - Sep 19 with 4373 viewsblueconscience

The players should be more worried about performing for their own spot in the team.

Perhaps this exclusion from the starting eleven will be the kick up the ass he needs after those mistakes in every game.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Bartosz... on 08:46 - Sep 19 with 4349 viewsuefacup81

Or there's always the possibility that you're a bullsh1tter of the highest order trying to win some 'def info' kudos.

2/10

Bartosz... on 08:48 - Sep 19 with 4321 viewsPositivelyPortman

Where did this info come from then?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bartosz... on 08:49 - Sep 19 with 4300 viewsportmanking

Bartosz... on 08:45 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

Hurst made it clear when he joined that everyone, rightly, started on the same page. A clean slate with no preconceived ideas.

Bart started the season as number 1 & made numerous mistakes at set pieces & was dropped. It seems weird for us fans who have seen him produce world class save after world class save in the last 2/3 years but Hurst hasn’t seen that.

Whilst I rate Bart a lot more than I do Gerken it has to be said that Gerken has justified his selection, especially last night.

I'm afraid I disagree entirely.

Bart had so many credits in the bank that the odd gaff at the start of this season should not have meant he was thrown out in the cold. Hurst could see how valuable he was to the club in terms of his performances last season and his new bumper contract, but he's almost pig-headedly tried to stamp his own mark on the training ground in completely the wrong way.
Bartosz... on 08:52 - Sep 19 with 4269 viewsReuser_is_God

Bartosz... on 08:49 - Sep 19 by portmanking

Bart had so many credits in the bank that the odd gaff at the start of this season should not have meant he was thrown out in the cold. Hurst could see how valuable he was to the club in terms of his performances last season and his new bumper contract, but he's almost pig-headedly tried to stamp his own mark on the training ground in completely the wrong way.

It’s hasn’t gone wrong because the man bought in to okay instead of Bart has performed well.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bartosz... on 08:52 - Sep 19 with 4253 viewsuefacup81

So a player as woefully out of form as Bart was should be kept in and allowed to keep conceding soft goals purely because he's been on good form previously?

Bartosz... on 08:53 - Sep 19 with 4243 viewsStokieBlue

Seems like you are trying to find something to moan about.

SB

Bartosz... on 08:54 - Sep 19 with 4224 viewsportmanking

Bartosz... on 08:52 - Sep 19 by uefacup81

So a player as woefully out of form as Bart was should be kept in and allowed to keep conceding soft goals purely because he's been on good form previously?

Woefully out of form? Behave.
Bartosz... on 08:54 - Sep 19 with 4220 viewssotd78

Carroll and Baxter were senior pros. Look what happened to them.
I suspect Mr Hurst has a contract that says he is the boss.
So whether the fans and senior pros agree about Bart or not it is Mr Hurst's decision.
He'll live or die by it; but so far Gerken has not let him down.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Bartosz... on 08:57 - Sep 19 with 4184 viewsJohnny_Boy

Bartosz... on 08:45 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

Gerken has never filled me with great confidence - but he's proved himself these last few matches.
Personally I'd always opt for Bart between the sticks.

Anyway, if this rumour is true, should the senior players have this type of power in the dressing room? A player revolt is not something we need right now.
Bartosz... on 08:59 - Sep 19 with 4147 viewsportmanking

Bartosz... on 08:57 - Sep 19 by Johnny_Boy

Gerken has never filled me with great confidence - but he's proved himself these last few matches.
Personally I'd always opt for Bart between the sticks.

Anyway, if this rumour is true, should the senior players have this type of power in the dressing room? A player revolt is not something we need right now.

A revolt might be a little extreme, but from what I was told last night PH didn't take too kindly to being questioned about his decision and the senior players equally didn't appreciate that their opinions weren't wanted.
Bartosz... on 08:59 - Sep 19 with 4144 viewsGuthrum

If players are trying to dictate to the Manager whom he should pick for the team, there is a serious discipline issue. Can you imagine SBR having put up with something like that?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bartosz... on 09:01 - Sep 19 with 4105 viewsblueconscience

Bartosz... on 08:59 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

If players are trying to dictate to the Manager whom he should pick for the team, there is a serious discipline issue. Can you imagine SBR having put up with something like that?

As I said before, the players should worry about their own performances on the pitch before worrying about the manager dropping one of their friends.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Bartosz... on 09:02 - Sep 19 with 4087 viewsStokieBlue

Bartosz... on 08:59 - Sep 19 by portmanking

A revolt might be a little extreme, but from what I was told last night PH didn't take too kindly to being questioned about his decision and the senior players equally didn't appreciate that their opinions weren't wanted.

Hurst totally correct if that's the case.

SB

Bartosz... on 09:04 - Sep 19 with 4054 viewsGuthrum

Bartosz... on 09:01 - Sep 19 by blueconscience

As I said before, the players should worry about their own performances on the pitch before worrying about the manager dropping one of their friends.

Indeed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bartosz... on 09:05 - Sep 19 with 4033 viewsJohnny_Boy

Bartosz... on 08:59 - Sep 19 by portmanking

If the manager simply rolls-over to player pressure, what kind of message does that give out?
The players & manager both want success. They are both angling for the same positive outcome.
(On a seperate note, do you think the previous manager would have accepted such actions? I highly doubt it)

Personally, if I was a member of the senior squad, I'd have been more irked by the inexplicable inclusion of Spence in the first team after Saturday.

I was fully expecting Barts return last night for what it's worth.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 9:08]
Bartosz... on 09:09 - Sep 19 with 3962 viewsCoastalblue

So basically everything you have said in this thread thus far points toward PH being in the right. Not your intention I would presume?

I saw nothing last night that would indicate any breakdown, particularly second half, if anything the opposite.

I'm sure Bart is big enough and man enough to accept that his being dropped was purely down to performances and he's the only one who can correct this.

This may be genuine, but there is an absolute sea of made up guff on here at the moment.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bartosz... on 09:10 - Sep 19 with 3965 viewsJakeITFC

Bartosz... on 08:59 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

Interestingly, Mick Mills was on the radio last night after the game saying (with regards to us starting with a back three last night) that the senior players should have been telling him not to play that system.

He said that listening in those situations was one of Bobby's great qualities, that he wasn't so stubborn as to disagree with everyone if he'd made a mistake.

Re: Bart - I didn't like the decision to drop him, but it was it is now, and Gerken deserves his place. My worry is that eventually Gerken makes an error and we have two goalkeepers with no confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024