Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... 08:05 - Sep 19 with 3900 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.......he would have chalked up another MOM. Mick wasn't the only one to have 'favourites.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 08:07 - Sep 19 with 3891 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed, Gerken very good last night.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 08:29 - Sep 19 with 3825 viewsIP33

He keeps up this form, he stays in the team. Simples.
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 08:36 - Sep 19 with 3796 viewsRobTheMonk

Yep, at 1-0 he's made two decent saves to keep us alive.
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 09:34 - Sep 19 with 3700 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for the voting input DaveU........any thoughts?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 10:08 - Sep 19 with 3664 viewsCoastalblue

Completely agree, and whilst there is no doubt that an on form Bart is the better 'keeper I can't fathom why so many seem to be both up in arms about Bart being dropped after poor displays and then desperate to drop Gerken after the way he has performed.

Seems to be a nonsensical stick to beat the Manager with for some.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 16:30 - Sep 19 with 3536 viewsLeagueOne

Gerken was never that bad and it always pays off to have two good keepers rather than the one! I remember when Burley was able to swap our Forest and Wright whenever he needed and I still felt we were wrong to ditch Craig as he was still a good keeper right up until he retired.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 16:32 - Sep 19 with 3519 viewsjaykay

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 09:34 - Sep 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for the voting input DaveU........any thoughts?

that could be a alias for t**************james

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 16:35 - Sep 19 with 3508 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

He still has those awkward moments when he comes out to punch. But his shot-stopping last night was beyond question. He kept us in that game.

I'm convinced Bart is the better keeper, and it wouldn't seem right for him to spend most of the season on the bench. But Gerks has waited very patiently behind a three-time Player Of The Year for this opportunity, and you can't deny he's taking it.
Login to get fewer ads

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 16:41 - Sep 19 with 3480 viewskizaitfc

Just wish he could kick a ball past half way, and/or play football rather than launching it every time

Admittedly Bart is only slightly better at it

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 17:05 - Sep 19 with 3433 viewsITFC_Forever

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 16:35 - Sep 19 by NoCanariesAllowed

He still has those awkward moments when he comes out to punch. But his shot-stopping last night was beyond question. He kept us in that game.

I'm convinced Bart is the better keeper, and it wouldn't seem right for him to spend most of the season on the bench. But Gerks has waited very patiently behind a three-time Player Of The Year for this opportunity, and you can't deny he's taking it.

Gerken and Bart are both similar in as far as neither convince on crosses or collecting through-balls.... it's pretty common to see one of the CBs desperately trying to shield the ball long enough for the GK to come and collect it, before giving up, whacking it away and giving whoever is in goal a piece of their mind.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 17:30 - Sep 19 with 3388 viewsflimflam

Gerken played very well but a couple of times could have come and collected the ball rather than letting a defender have to clear under pressure. He done that on two occasions and punched thin air another time which created chaos in the 6 yard box but credit him for two great saves at 1 - 0 which kept us in the game.

Still prefer Bart but no way you can drop him at the moment.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 17:40 - Sep 19 with 3352 viewsSuperfrans

Gerken was v good. But the player ratings are crazy. Gwion on 6.2 points, only Pennington and Jackson ahead of him? he was very quiet when he came on, barely had a single run with the ball - Ward was much more impactful, and Nolan too.

Basically, the only people who vote are those sitting at home, aren't they?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 19:40]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 17:50 - Sep 19 with 3319 viewsHennikerBlu

Yes he has been solid. Needs to offer himself for defenders at times, Pennington put out for a corner early on as Gerkin stayed static, perhaps a reflection of confidence in the team and not wishing to take a chance in fairness and hopefully that will come.

Brentford keeper and defenders; far more comfortable at distributing from the back though I would have liked Jackson playing off the shoulder more, which he did brilliantly for that last shot. Reading liked to play in same way and we have managed to catch them in the past. They didn't like it up in the last 10 minutes when the press started to work for us;)
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 19:09 - Sep 19 with 3257 viewsBonchosBicycle

Whatever you think about Bart's dropping - and people have strong opinions - you have to say he's taken his chance well. The games he's played he's looked at least the equal of Bart based on the Poles performance this season. I hope Bart gets back to his best form sooner rather than later but until then I'm not feeling uncomfortable with Gerken between the posts. Yes there have been a couple of suspect moments - maybe some communication occasionally breaking down, but he also has shown some great shot stopping. On the whole I'm happy for him to get some game time.
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 19:12 - Sep 19 with 3250 viewsgibbsm1

He seems like a very solid professional to me. Would be bonkers to drop him.

It’s one position we have very solid quality in
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 19:23 - Sep 19 with 3217 viewsjas0999

Can’t disagree with that. Bart has been poor. Gerken has been good and deserves his place.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 20:24]
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 19:38 - Sep 19 with 3178 viewsitfctim

He was superb, and fair play to him waiting patiently for his opportunity to displace the displaceable.
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 19:40 - Sep 19 with 3172 viewsitfctim

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 19:38 - Sep 19 by itfctim

He was superb, and fair play to him waiting patiently for his opportunity to displace the displaceable.

Don't know if displaceable is a word, but, hey.
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 19:56 - Sep 19 with 3139 viewsm14_blue

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 17:40 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

Gerken was v good. But the player ratings are crazy. Gwion on 6.2 points, only Pennington and Jackson ahead of him? he was very quiet when he came on, barely had a single run with the ball - Ward was much more impactful, and Nolan too.

Basically, the only people who vote are those sitting at home, aren't they?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 19:40]

Lots of people just see what they expect to see.

I agree, Nolan was far more of an influence in changing the course of the game, he was excellent yesterday.
If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 20:08 - Sep 19 with 3122 viewsagentp

I gave Dean a 1 yesterday. I didn't think he deserved anymore he only made two decent saves and didn't score. In fact, he never looked like he was going to.

I hacked the system and gave Bart 10. I thought the way he passed the drink bottle to chambers was sheer class. I also praise my kids for sitting still and behaving for long periods, so yeah, a great game for Bart and MoM IMO.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 20:12]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 22:27 - Sep 19 with 3008 viewsBonchosBicycle

If Bart had done what Gerken did last night....... on 20:08 - Sep 19 by agentp

I gave Dean a 1 yesterday. I didn't think he deserved anymore he only made two decent saves and didn't score. In fact, he never looked like he was going to.

I hacked the system and gave Bart 10. I thought the way he passed the drink bottle to chambers was sheer class. I also praise my kids for sitting still and behaving for long periods, so yeah, a great game for Bart and MoM IMO.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 20:12]

You make a strong point - none of his long range efforts yesterday slightly bothered their keeper. He might be better in more of an attacking midfield role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024