Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. 22:08 - Sep 18 with 3821 viewsnoggin

Both give the ball away far too often.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:40 - Sep 19 with 705 viewsgordon

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:42 - Sep 18 by GluedtoBlue

I find it unbelievable the amount of stick Knudsen gets. Baffled.

He's a decent defender who offers more going forward than he's given credit for. Not claiming he's Ashley Cole but the least of our problems at the mo.

Probably the same people who thought he was only picked ahead of Kenlock because he was MMs mate.

Knudsen is decent. The defence is basically fine, apart from Spence who is pretty useless, but he should be no more than a cheap back-up anyway. Our limiting factor this season will be creating chances and scoring goals - quality in the final third. Knudsen is reasonable going forward, and his long-throw will get us a couple of goals over the season as well.
Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:59 - Sep 19 with 686 viewsGluedtoBlue

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:36 - Sep 19 by sparks

A ball into a "good area" is not a pass, its a percentage ball. Suits some styles, is appropriate when no options on. Is problematic as a main option, if trying to build a passing / pressing side. A long pas is fine. A long ball into an area, is a percentage tactic- which works if you are setting up like that.

If it's played into an area with the intention of finding a man, it's a pass.

If you're pumping a long ball to turn a defence in order to pressurise higher up or to fees off potential mistakes then you're playing more of a percentage ball.

It's quite plausible to pass into an area knowing a teammate will move into that space.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:08 - Sep 19 with 675 viewssparks

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:59 - Sep 19 by GluedtoBlue

If it's played into an area with the intention of finding a man, it's a pass.

If you're pumping a long ball to turn a defence in order to pressurise higher up or to fees off potential mistakes then you're playing more of a percentage ball.

It's quite plausible to pass into an area knowing a teammate will move into that space.

No- its not. A pass is playing the ball directly to someone, with the expectation that if it is executed correctly, that someone will get the first touch and potentially retain possession.

A ball into a "good area" is a percentage ball. One intended to provide a fighting chance for a team mate, but no certainty- even if executed correctly.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:19 - Sep 19 with 668 viewsGluedtoBlue

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:08 - Sep 19 by sparks

No- its not. A pass is playing the ball directly to someone, with the expectation that if it is executed correctly, that someone will get the first touch and potentially retain possession.

A ball into a "good area" is a percentage ball. One intended to provide a fighting chance for a team mate, but no certainty- even if executed correctly.

I think we'll agree to disagree.

when JK plays a longer ball he may well expect a town player to get the first touch, like I say, I'd agree with you on a ball over the top simply to turn a defence or in an attempt to fees of second balls/mistakes.

Also 'a pass is playing the ball directly to someone' would categorise any through ball I.e. a ball for someone to run onto as a 'percentage ball. Kevin De Bruyne is good at those percentage balls.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:24 - Sep 19 with 657 viewsjaykay

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 21:02 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

Yeah, not sure you were watching the game, mate.

sorry mate i forgot you always correct . i was at the game alright but as i'm getting on in years my eyes are what they use to be.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:32 - Sep 19 with 654 viewssparks

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:19 - Sep 19 by GluedtoBlue

I think we'll agree to disagree.

when JK plays a longer ball he may well expect a town player to get the first touch, like I say, I'd agree with you on a ball over the top simply to turn a defence or in an attempt to fees of second balls/mistakes.

Also 'a pass is playing the ball directly to someone' would categorise any through ball I.e. a ball for someone to run onto as a 'percentage ball. Kevin De Bruyne is good at those percentage balls.

A through ball is a pass. This is a semantic point. When I talk about the difference between a pass and a ball into an area- I mean the difference between a pass and a percentage ball.

JK hits a lot of the latter imo.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:39 - Sep 19 with 646 viewsHerbivore

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 22:24 - Sep 19 by jaykay

sorry mate i forgot you always correct . i was at the game alright but as i'm getting on in years my eyes are what they use to be.

That explains it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Spence and Knudsen are the weak links for me. on 23:06 - Sep 19 with 641 viewsFreddies_Ears

Half right. Knudsen is fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024