Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off 20:46 - Sep 18 with 51190 viewsZondervansTash

He has done a lot behind the scenes to upset people and it’s all got rather unsavoury. Two managers already been spoken to.

[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 21:02]
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:52 - Sep 19 with 2825 viewsPositivelyPortman

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:58 - Sep 19 with 2801 viewsHorseboy

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 17:59 - Sep 19 by Northstandoldie

Just to add my 2 pennyworth (for what it's worth) I was told by a friend who's very good mates with Bart that Hurst is NOT popular at Portman Rd and has upset the senior pros by having the attitude of 'I'm the manager you will do it my way'. If it's true or not I really don't know but why should my mate make it up? (he's not a football fan btw.)

Did he do it clough style and ask them to chuck all there National League medals in the bin?
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:58 - Sep 19 with 2798 viewsRyorry

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:51 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

It’s more relevant that it is the same MM that was fiercely loyal to his players, especially in public, rather than what he said about the fans

I was simply replying to the point you made.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:59 - Sep 19 with 2782 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:42 - Sep 19 by jeera

Enough drama. Not everything has to be over the top.

I was talking about him having friends.

Even you must have some friends.

That aside, wasn't this the chap who helped out a complete stranger in the middle of the night by collecting his wife from the airport?

I don't know. I just don't know anything anymore Jeera, me old mate, me old mucker, me old china.

Yes I have friends. One or two people I tolerate.

I tell you what I don't have.

I don't have very good friends who are three decades older than me that I talk to about the internal politics of organisations they know nothing about and have no interest in.

That's what I don't have, Jeera. My good, most trusted friend, Jeera.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:02 - Sep 19 with 2779 viewssparks

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:59 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

I don't know. I just don't know anything anymore Jeera, me old mate, me old mucker, me old china.

I don't have very good friends who are three decades older than me that I talk to about the internal politics of organisations they know nothing about and have no interest in.

Can someone check in on Dolly please? I'm concerned.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:05 - Sep 19 with 2753 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:02 - Sep 19 by sparks

Can someone check in on Dolly please? I'm concerned.

I'm fine young Bullers, how are you?

What do you think of all this shenanigans?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:07 - Sep 19 with 2753 viewsitfcjoe

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:58 - Sep 19 by Ryorry

I was simply replying to the point you made.

How is that relevant to the management of the players though?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:21 - Sep 19 with 2692 viewsSuperfrans

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:49 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

I've just read your post back again and I'm struggling to see the humour in it. Maybe it's one of these new avant-garde styles of humour.

Lighten up fella. You do take everything so very seriously.

Anyway, just off for a spliff with my octogenarian neighbour. ;-)

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:23 - Sep 19 with 2677 viewsjeera

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:59 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

Unfortunately, people talk. This isn't some isolated piece of secret inside info, this is what people do.

Players will talk to their friends, their families...

They will lie on the treatment table and chat away like it's nothing.

They're not secret agents. This has been done a zillian times before though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:24 - Sep 19 with 2681 viewssparks

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:05 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

I'm fine young Bullers, how are you?

What do you think of all this shenanigans?

I think you have been particularly combative recently, and are picking the wrong hills to die one...

Im not young either.

As my debut in the local Saturday league demonstrated. Or at least the three week layoff that followed it did.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 21:25]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:25 - Sep 19 with 2676 viewsRyorry

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:07 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

How is that relevant to the management of the players though?

You made a completely different point and I don't have time - off & out for the eve now.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:28 - Sep 19 with 2651 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:21 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

Lighten up fella. You do take everything so very seriously.

Anyway, just off for a spliff with my octogenarian neighbour. ;-)

I never understand it when people say "lighten up". I write and perform comedy poetry, I'm currently writing a comedy book, I watch comedy on a regular basis. Tell me where the comedy was in your post, that I should've spotted, that most normal people would've spotted. There must be SOME clue!

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:33 - Sep 19 with 2637 viewsgordon

If only we could turn the clock back to those halcyon days before the actual football started and spoilt everything.

Those glorious summer days when Paul Hurst was giving us our club back, uncovering lower league diamond after diamond, talking mysteriously of something called 'sport science'. Those days when the fans were united behind the magnificent project, and all we had to worry about was whether Ellis Harrison would do more damage as a central striker or would be more dangerous as a wideman in a 4-2-3-1.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:33 - Sep 19 with 2619 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:23 - Sep 19 by jeera

Unfortunately, people talk. This isn't some isolated piece of secret inside info, this is what people do.

Players will talk to their friends, their families...

They will lie on the treatment table and chat away like it's nothing.

They're not secret agents. This has been done a zillian times before though.

You seem to have utterly, utterly, UTTERLY, utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly missed my point.

I haven't said players DON'T talk to their friends, their families...

I haven't said they WON'T lie on the treatment table and chat away like it's nothing.

I HAVEN'T said they're secret agents.

Stop posting things I haven't said and ignoring what I actually did say, if you please.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:37 - Sep 19 with 2598 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:24 - Sep 19 by sparks

I think you have been particularly combative recently, and are picking the wrong hills to die one...

Im not young either.

As my debut in the local Saturday league demonstrated. Or at least the three week layoff that followed it did.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 21:25]

Another one saying I've been combative recently. Where have I been combative? Show me in this thread alone! What are you TALKING about?!

I know what this is. You've all got together while I was out and said "ok lads, for a laugh, let's all tell Dollers he's been picking fights with people. It'll drive him INSANE!"

I'M RIGHT AREN'T I?

Sorry about your leg.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:44 - Sep 19 with 2558 viewssparks

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:37 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

Another one saying I've been combative recently. Where have I been combative? Show me in this thread alone! What are you TALKING about?!

I know what this is. You've all got together while I was out and said "ok lads, for a laugh, let's all tell Dollers he's been picking fights with people. It'll drive him INSANE!"

I'M RIGHT AREN'T I?

Sorry about your leg.

QED

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:48 - Sep 19 with 2528 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:44 - Sep 19 by sparks

QED

No. Not QED. You haven't demonstrandumed anything.

For a man so hot on evidence...

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 2499 viewssparks

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:48 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

No. Not QED. You haven't demonstrandumed anything.

For a man so hot on evidence...

It demonstrates itself. An agressive spiky response to a post saying, quite gently I thought, that you seem a bit tetchy. Nvm.

At least you aren't going on about veganism.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:56 - Sep 19 with 2492 viewsgordon

Off to bed. I'll be expecting to wake up to at least 14 pages here. My advice is pull yourself together, quit the squabbling. You're letting this Hurst character make fools of us. Show a bit of backbone.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:58 - Sep 19 with 2475 viewscaught-in-limbo

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:55 - Sep 19 by sparks

It demonstrates itself. An agressive spiky response to a post saying, quite gently I thought, that you seem a bit tetchy. Nvm.

Why does the TWTD spell checker always allow you to get away with spelling aggression and aggressive with just one "g"?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 23:13]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 22:03 - Sep 19 with 2443 viewsPJH

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 20:16 - Sep 19 by Ryorry

'I'm the manager you will do it my way"

Well he *is* obviously the Manager. Do you think MM didn't have the attitude of "'I'm the manager you will do it my way"?! Do you think he would have put up with people at the club if they didn't accept that?!

Some people seem to have the attitude of one law for the previous manager, and quite another for the new manager!

Your last sentence is right Ryorry, they could verbally abuse the previous manager.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 22:07 - Sep 19 with 2413 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:55 - Sep 19 by sparks

You haven't considered my response (in fact my last few) have been intended to be humorous?

Or did you think I really believe the good people of TWTD got together while I was out to collaborate in a wind-up?

EVIDENCE!

Where is the evidence of me being aggressive young Bullers?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 22:10 - Sep 19 with 2395 viewsBrixtonBlue

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:58 - Sep 19 by caught-in-limbo

Why does the TWTD spell checker always allow you to get away with spelling aggression and aggressive with just one "g"?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 23:13]

The internet on his phone is a bit crap. It's only 1G.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 22:14 - Sep 19 with 2374 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 22:07 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

You haven't considered my response (in fact my last few) have been intended to be humorous?

Or did you think I really believe the good people of TWTD got together while I was out to collaborate in a wind-up?

EVIDENCE!

Where is the evidence of me being aggressive young Bullers?

Jesus calm down mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 22:19 - Sep 19 with 3084 viewsjeera

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 21:33 - Sep 19 by BrixtonBlue

You seem to have utterly, utterly, UTTERLY, utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly missed my point.

I haven't said players DON'T talk to their friends, their families...

I haven't said they WON'T lie on the treatment table and chat away like it's nothing.

I HAVEN'T said they're secret agents.

Stop posting things I haven't said and ignoring what I actually did say, if you please.

Why would you think anything I said was about you?

It's a conversation. Do you repeat back everything people say to you as though it's aimed at you?

This is not a normal response though, just for the record.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024