Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off 20:46 - Sep 18 with 51315 viewsZondervansTash

He has done a lot behind the scenes to upset people and it’s all got rather unsavoury. Two managers already been spoken to.

[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 21:02]
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:41 - Sep 19 with 3191 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:33 - Sep 19 by DanTheMan

Well that doesn't fill me with confidence...

Please Evans, please can we get a Director of Football so we don't end up in this mess time and time again.

Would you back Evans to pick the right man for that job? I would like one too btw.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:44 - Sep 19 with 3172 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:39 - Sep 19 by legoman85

When a new manager comes in in any job they are going to have there own way of doing things and it's going to ruffle a few feathers as people generally don't like change.

This is often true and is a very fair comment. But it seems to me on the face of it that Hurst has very much gone after the senior pros at the club be it selling them, dropping them, or calling them out a bit in the press as he did with Chambers and Jonas. And it also seems behind the scenes that the senior staff at the club have also been very rustled by his and Doig's approach. There needs to be a balance.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:47 - Sep 19 with 3151 viewsDanTheMan

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:41 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Would you back Evans to pick the right man for that job? I would like one too btw.

Not really.

He got lucky with Mick.

Which is why he needs to hand over to someone who can do it better.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:49 - Sep 19 with 3128 viewsrosseden

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:23 - Sep 19 by Pinewoodblue

There does seem to be some evidence that PH & BK don't see eye to eye. Hurst has been critical of the fitness level of the players pre season,especially the youngsters. It is as if they were fit enough for Klug but not for Hurst. Look at the Dozzell situation. Not sure his comments about some permanent memorial to The Beat appropriate it isn't his place to make such comments.

If Evans has made up his mind a win on Saturday will not influence him. Keane was sacked after reaching a semi final and Magilton after beating Norwich.

the fitness of players is an interesting one, as Klug pushes possession based keep the ball slick passing, and PH presses high and squeezes the space. Im not sure you can compare the 2, if he is, then hes got serious issues. Its like saying bolt isnt good because he cant run a marathon, or Farah isnt good at the 100m. Its a different discipline.....
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 10:51]

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:51 - Sep 19 with 3112 viewsRyorry

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:49 - Sep 19 by rosseden

the fitness of players is an interesting one, as Klug pushes possession based keep the ball slick passing, and PH presses high and squeezes the space. Im not sure you can compare the 2, if he is, then hes got serious issues. Its like saying bolt isnt good because he cant run a marathon, or Farah isnt good at the 100m. Its a different discipline.....
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 10:51]

It's also interesting given that many of us were questioning why so many injuries, re-injuries, breakdowns, and delayed returns last season ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:51 - Sep 19 with 3110 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:47 - Sep 19 by DanTheMan

Not really.

He got lucky with Mick.

Which is why he needs to hand over to someone who can do it better.

I hope Hurst turns out to be brilliant but if things continue then Mick will be the only successful senior appointment he has got right out of 5 - Keane, Clegg, Jewell, Mick, Hurst. I want him to sell the club, take the hit, and move on. He can afford it.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:53 - Sep 19 with 3094 viewsDanTheMan

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:44 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

This is often true and is a very fair comment. But it seems to me on the face of it that Hurst has very much gone after the senior pros at the club be it selling them, dropping them, or calling them out a bit in the press as he did with Chambers and Jonas. And it also seems behind the scenes that the senior staff at the club have also been very rustled by his and Doig's approach. There needs to be a balance.

I actually don't think it's that true any more, at least in the modern game. It just depends how much control you want to give to the managers.

Evans is going for an older school approach where they at least seem to have carte blanche.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:55 - Sep 19 with 3084 viewsrosseden

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:51 - Sep 19 by Ryorry

It's also interesting given that many of us were questioning why so many injuries, re-injuries, breakdowns, and delayed returns last season ...

something hasnt added up with injuries for quite a while now, we are either very unlucky or something doesnt stack up.
I can see theyre much more science based now, and have added an extra level of detail into the process, but then if youre just driving them even harder, itll just balance back out...... interesting times if ME does have a decision to make...... a lot of the stuff we have done, is right to do, im just questioning if PH is the right man for the job really, could literally be a personailty thing......

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:56 - Sep 19 with 3082 viewsSteve_M

Not forgetting his comments on Adeyemi which were not particularly classy.

I've heard similar regarding the impression Hurst has made and Evans clearly isn't going to let another manager create the sort of mess that Keane did. That must be as problematic as the results, or lack of them.

Also, if Evans real intention is to sell the club then it will be imperative that he sells it in this division, he will have to accept higher losses if we go down. That's the main reason I think Hurst won't be here unless we get a win in the next two matches.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:00 - Sep 19 with 3050 viewsRyorry

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:56 - Sep 19 by Steve_M

I've heard similar regarding the impression Hurst has made and Evans clearly isn't going to let another manager create the sort of mess that Keane did. That must be as problematic as the results, or lack of them.

Also, if Evans real intention is to sell the club then it will be imperative that he sells it in this division, he will have to accept higher losses if we go down. That's the main reason I think Hurst won't be here unless we get a win in the next two matches.

So much speculation.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:14 - Sep 19 with 2960 viewsPJH

I think that although what is happening (or not happening) on the pitch has got to be a concern it is possible to assume that that aspect will improve in time-how much time?

What is more of a concern at the moment is what supposedly the situation is off the pitch around the club.

As you say, this club cannot afford another situation like we had with Keane.
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:17 - Sep 19 with 2945 viewsITFC_Forever

My biggest concern is who will ME replace him with.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:25 - Sep 19 with 2897 viewsLankHenners

Further to that I did think it was the odd the other day when asked about Adeyemi he sort of shrugged and suggested he didn't really know but think's he's been doing some running around.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:26 - Sep 19 with 2891 viewsReuser_is_God

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:17 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

My biggest concern is who will ME replace him with.....

No one becuase Hurst is going to stick with what we done second half last night, we’ll start getting some results, climb the table & all the bedwetters will fcuk off.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:28 - Sep 19 with 2870 viewsSomethingBlue

Exactly. And he didn't need to do it. Our players aren't perfect but we've had a very good dressing room full of excellent pros who have — let's be honest — performed very well for this division over a series of years. Why upset that? Some changes were definitely needed but he seems to have rattled the people, decent people at that, who he most needs to keep things together. It looks like a horrendous misjudgement and if it does for him it's nobody else's fault.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 11:29]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 2784 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:00 - Sep 19 by Ryorry

So much speculation.

What *are* we allowed to talk about, commissar?

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:43 - Sep 19 with 2754 viewsSuperfrans

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 10:06 - Sep 19 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Point of Order: We cannot lay claim to being "One of the Biggest Clubs in the Country" (anymore)

Amazing isn’t it. I was starting to wonder how someone has posted from the 1970s...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:44 - Sep 19 with 2740 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:28 - Sep 19 by SomethingBlue

Exactly. And he didn't need to do it. Our players aren't perfect but we've had a very good dressing room full of excellent pros who have — let's be honest — performed very well for this division over a series of years. Why upset that? Some changes were definitely needed but he seems to have rattled the people, decent people at that, who he most needs to keep things together. It looks like a horrendous misjudgement and if it does for him it's nobody else's fault.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 11:29]

Maybe he felt after he arrived, this lot have had their time and I need to completely shake things up? That's the only explanation I can come up with. There may be some merit in that line of thinking but it's one thing identifying what you think is a problem and another remedying it. Keane was and is very good at the former and hopeless at the latter.
Totally agree though, it's nobody's fault but his if he is out of work in a couple weeks.
Redknapp continues to lurk.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:47 - Sep 19 with 2714 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:43 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

Amazing isn’t it. I was starting to wonder how someone has posted from the 1970s...

Since you missed it;

Point of Order: We cannot lay claim to being "One of the Biggest Clubs in the Country" (anymore)

Of course we are! We have a 30k capacity stadium, large infrastructure & staff, a wage budget of nearly £20m, a great history, and lots of potential. There are 92 professional clubs and we are in the top 1/3 in terms of size and for the majority of Managers here Ipswich will be the biggest job they ever have. Just because Leeds or Sunderland arent in the Premier League doesnt mean they arent big clubs; same with us.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:56 - Sep 19 with 2637 viewsjaykay

lol loads of people with info on how bad things are at ipswich. someone posts at half time not before the game with this info and then its he fell out with evans, klug, the senoir players and doig is also a problem.

edit. just seen on another post how someone has heard about rumours regarding bart , what next a sex scandal
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 12:00]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:56 - Sep 19 with 2633 viewsSuperfrans

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:47 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Since you missed it;

Of course we are! We have a 30k capacity stadium, large infrastructure & staff, a wage budget of nearly £20m, a great history, and lots of potential. There are 92 professional clubs and we are in the top 1/3 in terms of size and for the majority of Managers here Ipswich will be the biggest job they ever have. Just because Leeds or Sunderland arent in the Premier League doesnt mean they arent big clubs; same with us.

I wasn't being entirely serious, obviously.

But, in an overall ranking, I'd put us about 30-35th in the country, factoring in current attendances, ground capacity, turnover, current success, historic success etc. All total estimates of course...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:58 - Sep 19 with 2609 viewsBueller

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:26 - Sep 19 by Reuser_is_God

No one becuase Hurst is going to stick with what we done second half last night, we’ll start getting some results, climb the table & all the bedwetters will fcuk off.

I hope he does stick with the second half set up on Saturday, or stick with anything in fact. I will really struggle to get on board with him if there is yet another drastic change up at the weekend. Dont get me wrong I do understand the need to tweak depending on the type of team you are playing etc.

I would go back as far as the Villa game and say we were very well set up and enjoyed the football, not sure what has gone on since then
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:59 - Sep 19 with 2599 viewsJakeITFC

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:44 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Maybe he felt after he arrived, this lot have had their time and I need to completely shake things up? That's the only explanation I can come up with. There may be some merit in that line of thinking but it's one thing identifying what you think is a problem and another remedying it. Keane was and is very good at the former and hopeless at the latter.
Totally agree though, it's nobody's fault but his if he is out of work in a couple weeks.
Redknapp continues to lurk.

I’m just not sure that it was as well planned as that.

I get the overwhelming feeling with Hurst that whilst most of the decisions are easy to justify on a case by case basis (each transfer, each sale, dropping Bart etc.), the overall big picture is an unbelievable mess.

Ruffling feathers is fine if you’re going to provide competition. What we’ve done is pissed off our senior pros and then realised that they are a crucial part of keeping us competitive because we’ve lost so much experience.

This is obviously a Hurst problem, but it has to come with the caveat that it’s mental that we’d just let someone new come in and make such wholesale changes (including what seems like a complete disregard for the academy targets).
Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:00 - Sep 19 with 2594 viewschicoazul

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:56 - Sep 19 by Superfrans

I wasn't being entirely serious, obviously.

But, in an overall ranking, I'd put us about 30-35th in the country, factoring in current attendances, ground capacity, turnover, current success, historic success etc. All total estimates of course...

Good to know we agree, then.

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 12:03 - Sep 19 with 3429 viewsDanTheMan

Apparently Evans has had enough and Hurst is off on 11:59 - Sep 19 by JakeITFC

I’m just not sure that it was as well planned as that.

I get the overwhelming feeling with Hurst that whilst most of the decisions are easy to justify on a case by case basis (each transfer, each sale, dropping Bart etc.), the overall big picture is an unbelievable mess.

Ruffling feathers is fine if you’re going to provide competition. What we’ve done is pissed off our senior pros and then realised that they are a crucial part of keeping us competitive because we’ve lost so much experience.

This is obviously a Hurst problem, but it has to come with the caveat that it’s mental that we’d just let someone new come in and make such wholesale changes (including what seems like a complete disregard for the academy targets).

That last paragraph is the bigger issue for me in all honesty. Because it's a mistake we've made a few times now.

We're giving managers too much power.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024