Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Part of me would welcome relegation..... 12:44 - Sep 17 with 737 viewsNazemariner

If it meant we shed the section of our support who believe they are entitled to see a promotion challenge season after season.

You know the ones? Keep threatening to never attend a match again, keep calling for the managers head, blah, blah, blah!

Part of me would welcome relegation..... on 12:48 - Sep 17 with 716 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I don't want us to be relegated and there as much chance of us being stuck in League One for 5 or 10 years than coming back up and being a force in this division.

But I also wouldn't be overly concerned if we did. We are a million miles behind the teams getting promoted in this league and now find ourselves as a West Brom, Newcastle, Stoke did in the Premier League.

Would you rather lose most weeks, trying to stop bigger teams from winning and waiting for that one game a season where you upset the odds, or be winning regularly and trying to achieve something. We have had nearly 20 years of nothingness, a couple of playoff campaigns aside and in the last 13 years just one exceptional half a season that led to us scraping in the playoffs after a poor run.

I don't want to go down but if we are looking at what do we want to actually achieve realistically, then being down in League One and having a chance of doing something might do us a little bit of good as a fan base. It could be the beginning of the club slipping to a new low that goes onto become the normal.

Nobody knows. What I do know is I don't fear relegation.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Part of me would welcome relegation..... on 13:06 - Sep 17 with 665 viewsFrimleyBlue

Part of me would welcome relegation..... on 12:48 - Sep 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I don't want us to be relegated and there as much chance of us being stuck in League One for 5 or 10 years than coming back up and being a force in this division.

But I also wouldn't be overly concerned if we did. We are a million miles behind the teams getting promoted in this league and now find ourselves as a West Brom, Newcastle, Stoke did in the Premier League.

Would you rather lose most weeks, trying to stop bigger teams from winning and waiting for that one game a season where you upset the odds, or be winning regularly and trying to achieve something. We have had nearly 20 years of nothingness, a couple of playoff campaigns aside and in the last 13 years just one exceptional half a season that led to us scraping in the playoffs after a poor run.

I don't want to go down but if we are looking at what do we want to actually achieve realistically, then being down in League One and having a chance of doing something might do us a little bit of good as a fan base. It could be the beginning of the club slipping to a new low that goes onto become the normal.

Nobody knows. What I do know is I don't fear relegation.

Also, we are a million miles away from a sunderland side who got relegated. They have the attedances/finances to pretty much fund themselves back out of league 1.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Part of me would welcome relegation..... on 13:09 - Sep 17 with 646 viewsTractorWood

We need all the fans we can get.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Part of me would welcome relegation..... on 14:06 - Sep 17 with 543 viewsCurrie10

No thanks.

Though if you'd welcome one relegation, would we stop there or would you welcome further relegations?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 14:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024