Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Hurst views. 07:50 - Sep 16 with 1885 viewsCurrie10

Okay, so I've been slated for various views on here this season. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and perhaps I have been a little harsh at points. Who knows.

I make no secrets of my support for Mick. Thought he did a superb job.

That said, when it was announced Mick was to leave - there were two candidates I was very keen to get - Clark off Bristol Rovers, or Hurst. So I was very very happy when Hurst was hired.

However, over the summer before a ball was kicked I was incredibly worried due to two factors.

1 - he slated various players over the summer. They were dug out, when I didn't think it was appropriate. He'd JUST arrived, yet clearly making his own mark on the squad. Very very brave....

2 - transfer policy. While pleased he's using the lower leagues, I was alarmed at how much it being relied upon.

Season begins, then he slams the team after a game, i think Exeter in the cup. Really, really damning comments.....

We then go down Paul Jewell loan strategy. Sure, the Donacien situation the club are hoping gets pushed through A S A P to prevent what we're currently having....... but it always had the opportunity to be this way.

Hurst then proceeds to bang on about fitness, and how important that is - yet Graham walks straight into the 11!

Another poster has revealed already, 7 games in, 25 players have made an appearance. We'll have more with the likes of Huws etc yet to feature. Madness. Dozzell!

Bart dropped for Norwich I had no issue with, however if what people are saying he was dropped on the day of the game............ that's worrying.

I started an article about size of squad, potential harmony issues. If certain players get fit, we'll have 27. That's just ridiculous.

Sears/ Kenlock didn't make the 18 yesterday. Roberts also. Donacien! It's just mad. I cannot imagine everyone is happy.

I AM however pleased he's brought in Walters, and acknowledged experience is required. Collins would help.

People saying I'm just negative, I'd love nothing more than to be positive. I will post when we win games, and get excited when that happens.

I want Hurst to succeed, and to people thinking he should be sacked right now. Crikey moses.

People say 10 games is the barometer of when we check, but lets give it 11. That's the closest to 25% of the season.

12 to fight for between now and then, hopefully 12 in the bag.

I hope I've made my position a bit clearer.

COYB. Lets beat Brentford and get off and running.
My Hurst views. on 08:01 - Sep 16 with 1825 viewsDubtractor

I don't think the problem is that you are negative, its that you have jumped on every single conceivably negative thing (from the West Ham friendly onward) and repeated your points relentlessly. Its just a bit tedious.

I must have read about 30 posts by you questioning why Graham is in the team.

Be critical and negative if you want, but if you do it to the extent you do then people will have a pop about it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

My Hurst views. on 10:01 - Sep 16 with 1682 viewsm14_blue

I think that's pretty much fair enough.
My Hurst views. on 10:20 - Sep 16 with 1641 viewsTrumptonBlue

We used 22 players in the first seven league games last season. Five others had been on the bench. 35 players made an appearance in the league last season. 39 made the bench at least, with another few playing in the League Cup.

I certainly agree that there has been too much chopping and changing, but using 25 players isn't really out of the ordinary for us in recent times.
My Hurst views. on 10:37 - Sep 16 with 1576 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I agree, I 100% wanted MM to leave, there’s no way that could of continued. AND although Warburton was my first choice I was very happy that PH got the job as i had seen him manage first hand last year at Shrewsbury.
I knew he wasn’t the most expansive manager but he got very good results last year at Shrewsbury.

However right now we aren’t playing football, we aren’t getting results and I’m sorry the players are not at a high enough level for the championship.

It’s the desicion Hurst made and he has to stand by it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

My Hurst views. on 10:39 - Sep 16 with 1567 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I must say I’m not keen on Clark either. We should have had Warburton. Plays beautiful football and brings the youth through so well. Did a very good job wherever he has been.

Would fit this club like a glove.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

My Hurst views. on 11:39 - Sep 16 with 1455 viewsbrazil1982

My Hurst views. on 08:01 - Sep 16 by Dubtractor

I don't think the problem is that you are negative, its that you have jumped on every single conceivably negative thing (from the West Ham friendly onward) and repeated your points relentlessly. Its just a bit tedious.

I must have read about 30 posts by you questioning why Graham is in the team.

Be critical and negative if you want, but if you do it to the extent you do then people will have a pop about it.

Have there been any positives? What impact has Hurst had so far? It's very worrying.
My Hurst views. on 12:18 - Sep 16 with 1423 viewsCurrie10

My Hurst views. on 11:39 - Sep 16 by brazil1982

Have there been any positives? What impact has Hurst had so far? It's very worrying.

That’s the other reason to my lack of positivity !!!
My Hurst views. on 12:34 - Sep 16 with 1393 viewspointofblue

My Hurst views. on 11:39 - Sep 16 by brazil1982

The first five games there were real signs of working towards something positive - an ease of movement across the pitch, not looking for the long ball every time. Admittedly the second halves of each of those matches hire more questions than answers but the first halves seemed to decree a plan.

Norwich was the reverse - dire first half of long ball with an improved second, 20 minutes of each again showed promise. After two weeks on the training pitch yesterday was a fiasco and seemed to put us back to square one if not worse. We have to hope it was just a one off, shaken by conceding very early.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

My Hurst views. on 12:42 - Sep 16 with 1359 viewssparks

My Hurst views. on 12:34 - Sep 16 by pointofblue

The first five games there were real signs of working towards something positive - an ease of movement across the pitch, not looking for the long ball every time. Admittedly the second halves of each of those matches hire more questions than answers but the first halves seemed to decree a plan.

Norwich was the reverse - dire first half of long ball with an improved second, 20 minutes of each again showed promise. After two weeks on the training pitch yesterday was a fiasco and seemed to put us back to square one if not worse. We have to hope it was just a one off, shaken by conceding very early.

Quite. Thats the big concern. The U turn and complete change in approach and players.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024