Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 15:01 - Sep 8 with 10555 viewsMisterBlue

Just had my mail delivered, only to receive a Parking Charge from NTC for "failure to clearly display a valid pay & display ticket".

I have lodged an appeal with them as neither ticket machine was working on the day in question, and I left a note on my dashboard to that effect.

However, I know there were several Town supporters parking there on that day, so am curious to find out if anybody else got a fine?
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 16:31 - Sep 8 with 5286 viewshoppy

DId you not have a phone on you? It is very simple to pay by phone in the Rope Walk car park - as it's one I regularly use.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 17:33 - Sep 8 with 5171 viewsBluefish

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 16:31 - Sep 8 by hoppy

DId you not have a phone on you? It is very simple to pay by phone in the Rope Walk car park - as it's one I regularly use.

But not if you want to find an excuse to not pay though

The rcp parking in Ipswich charges £6 flat fee on a match day. Paying by phone on the website doesn't know that though and is still 80p per hour

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 19:27 - Sep 8 with 5050 viewsMisterBlue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 17:33 - Sep 8 by Bluefish

But not if you want to find an excuse to not pay though

The rcp parking in Ipswich charges £6 flat fee on a match day. Paying by phone on the website doesn't know that though and is still 80p per hour

sorry probably didnt make it clear in the OP that I attempted to make payment at the machines, however both were not working. I left a note on my dashboard to that effect aswell. And I know for a fact that there were at least another dozen or so cars with notes on display and also I spoke to 3-4 drivers who were also unable to get tickets.
I know some of those drivers were going to the match, so just wanted to find out if anybody else got stung by a fine?
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 19:47 - Sep 8 with 5012 viewsBluefish

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 19:27 - Sep 8 by MisterBlue

sorry probably didnt make it clear in the OP that I attempted to make payment at the machines, however both were not working. I left a note on my dashboard to that effect aswell. And I know for a fact that there were at least another dozen or so cars with notes on display and also I spoke to 3-4 drivers who were also unable to get tickets.
I know some of those drivers were going to the match, so just wanted to find out if anybody else got stung by a fine?

Criminal seeks other criminals for companionship

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 19:51 - Sep 8 with 5002 viewsMisterBlue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 19:47 - Sep 8 by Bluefish

Criminal seeks other criminals for companionship

and you replied...
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 20:30 - Sep 8 with 4944 viewsHorseboy

Me personally, if i couldn't make payment I would leave.

Leave vehicle at your own risk with alternative payment method, pay the fine
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 20:33 - Sep 8 with 4888 viewsBrixtonBlue

Your OP was pretty clear. What isn't pretty clear is why you didn't pay by phone.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:07 - Sep 8 with 4845 viewsjeera

Yeah, I'm wondering if you're new here.

You don't just get to ask a simple question then expect floods of support regardless.

You get grilled, tested, judged, then there's a faux lifeline thrown out to you, like some kind of offer of hope, but it isn't really, it's a trick.

You think you gonna say the right thing, but you're wrong. You're not. You haven't a hope in hell son.

Good luck though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:33 - Sep 8 with 4796 viewswaveneyblue

My mate got caught by this too.

Sometimes I really wish I lived the lives of some of the posters on here. Imagine being that awesome.....
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:35 - Sep 8 with 4786 viewsHorseboy

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:33 - Sep 8 by waveneyblue

My mate got caught by this too.

Sometimes I really wish I lived the lives of some of the posters on here. Imagine being that awesome.....

Or imagine parking on someone's private land without following clear instructions on the signposts.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:41 - Sep 8 with 4766 viewswaveneyblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:35 - Sep 8 by Horseboy

Or imagine parking on someone's private land without following clear instructions on the signposts.

Does it say if the machines are shagged use your phone.... doubt it. You must live such a wholesome life. Well done you
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:44 - Sep 8 with 4758 viewsLord_Lucan

Quite frankly I'm surprised none of the self righteous TW4TDers didn't attempt a citizens arrest.

Maybe they were on the Park and Ride or driving some car powered by nuts.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:45 - Sep 8 with 4748 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:35 - Sep 8 by Horseboy

Is it private land then? I don't even know who NTC re if I'm honest.

A Google says it's a Norwich firm, but as we were 'attome' it's not that.

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:46 - Sep 8 with 4747 viewsMisterBlue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:07 - Sep 8 by jeera

Yeah, I'm wondering if you're new here.

You don't just get to ask a simple question then expect floods of support regardless.

You get grilled, tested, judged, then there's a faux lifeline thrown out to you, like some kind of offer of hope, but it isn't really, it's a trick.

You think you gonna say the right thing, but you're wrong. You're not. You haven't a hope in hell son.

Good luck though.

cheers Jeera.

"New" as in I don't usually post stuff - mainly for the reasons you highlighted.

As a reader of TWTD for what must be 30 years now, the aim of the post was to try and help anybody else in the same situation, as I know I wasnt the only one that was unable to purchase a ticket on that day.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:49 - Sep 8 with 4730 viewsLord_Lucan

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:46 - Sep 8 by MisterBlue

cheers Jeera.

"New" as in I don't usually post stuff - mainly for the reasons you highlighted.

As a reader of TWTD for what must be 30 years now, the aim of the post was to try and help anybody else in the same situation, as I know I wasnt the only one that was unable to purchase a ticket on that day.

Yes, some of us could see that.

Others couldn't - or wouldn't.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:51 - Sep 8 with 4722 viewswaveneyblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:46 - Sep 8 by MisterBlue

cheers Jeera.

But..... Don't forget.. there are people here who live a perfect world...

For what its worth, appeal it, my mate is.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:56 - Sep 8 with 4703 viewsHorseboy

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:41 - Sep 8 by waveneyblue

Does it say if the machines are shagged use your phone.... doubt it. You must live such a wholesome life. Well done you

I don't know, go and read it?

What I'm sure you know is a payment is required, just leaving your vehicle without payment is stupid, specifically if an alternative payment is available.

Life is great thanks.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:57 - Sep 8 with 4696 viewsHorseboy

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:45 - Sep 8 by jeera

Is it private land then? I don't even know who NTC re if I'm honest.

A Google says it's a Norwich firm, but as we were 'attome' it's not that.

Must be private or rented as your car tax is not sufficient enough to dump a vehicle.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:58 - Sep 8 with 4685 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:57 - Sep 8 by Horseboy

Must be private or rented as your car tax is not sufficient enough to dump a vehicle.

Don't be daft.

Is it council owned or private?

If you can't be civil then don't post.

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:58 - Sep 8 with 4689 viewswaveneyblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:56 - Sep 8 by Horseboy

I don't know, go and read it?

What I'm sure you know is a payment is required, just leaving your vehicle without payment is stupid, specifically if an alternative payment is available.

Life is great thanks.

I'm not sure what your history is on here.

But I can probably guess...

You are amazing... you keep being you
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:03 - Sep 8 with 4665 viewsHorseboy

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 21:58 - Sep 8 by waveneyblue

I'm not sure what your history is on here.

But I can probably guess...

You are amazing... you keep being you

I know the area well mate, I've parked behind the dove many times before, I use to use the filter lane way before the council changed it, stop barking up that tree pal.

What I don't get is people ignoring the basics. It's black and white, I've parked there many times before.
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:08 - Sep 8 with 4642 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:03 - Sep 8 by Horseboy

I know the area well mate, I've parked behind the dove many times before, I use to use the filter lane way before the council changed it, stop barking up that tree pal.

What I don't get is people ignoring the basics. It's black and white, I've parked there many times before.

"I know the area well mate, I've parked behind the dove many times before, I use to use the filter lane way before the council changed it...I've parked there many times before."

Me, me, I and I.

But it's not about you. Some other people who don't know the area have been caught, possibly by mistake, and are asking for advice.

Not about how amazing you think you are.

If you can't help out, then you're on the wrong thread.

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:10 - Sep 8 with 4640 viewsHorseboy

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:08 - Sep 8 by jeera

"I know the area well mate, I've parked behind the dove many times before, I use to use the filter lane way before the council changed it...I've parked there many times before."

Me, me, I and I.

But it's not about you. Some other people who don't know the area have been caught, possibly by mistake, and are asking for advice.

Not about how amazing you think you are.

If you can't help out, then you're on the wrong thread.

The 'Me me me' bit is cause he thinks I'm a troll FFS.

Rest is simple, read the signs.

How have they been caught when alternative payment is available, move on simple.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 22:11]
Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:16 - Sep 8 with 4607 viewsjeera

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:10 - Sep 8 by Horseboy

How have they been caught when alternative payment is available, move on simple.

Your only purpose on this thread has been to have a pop at others.

Waste of everyone's time.

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:20 - Sep 8 with 4598 viewswaveneyblue

Rope Walk Car Park - Sunday 2/9/18 on 22:10 - Sep 8 by Horseboy

I really wish I was you. That bubble you live in must be amazing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024