Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today 12:55 - Aug 31 with 1983 viewspointofblue

Blackpool too difficult to deal with for Tilt; McAuley possibly playing in Scotland; Batth going to Sheffield Wednesday and Wimbledon slapping a high transfer tag on Oshilaja's head. We're seriously short in this area, though, and I think, despite re-enforcing up front, it's going to be a struggle until January without another body at the back.

Anyone more confident than me about a centre back arriving today?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:01 - Aug 31 with 1938 viewsitfcjoe

I'm starting to think the same - which is an absolute shocker to not have it sorted really

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:02 - Aug 31 with 1927 viewsSomethingBlue

Not looking good, is it — and really not good enough if that's how it turns out.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:03 - Aug 31 with 1909 viewsuefacup81

Yes.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:04 - Aug 31 with 1897 viewsReuser_is_God

It's not looking good.

I guess we can still sign free agents after today?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:04 - Aug 31 with 1888 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:01 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

I'm starting to think the same - which is an absolute shocker to not have it sorted really

I feel sorry for the club having to sort these out on the last day all the time. If we’d had all summer then we’d be justified in moaning

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:07 - Aug 31 with 1849 viewspointofblue

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:02 - Aug 31 by SomethingBlue

Not looking good, is it — and really not good enough if that's how it turns out.

I'm not sure what excuse the club can come out with for not bringing someone in considering we've basically been looking for a centre back for a year now - and Hurst has made it exceptionally clear he is after a centre back.

I know Evans gets a lot of undue/unfair stick but how can he stand up and say he's backed Hurst to the hilt when we're embarrassingly short in one position and the manager has turned round and said as much?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 1790 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:07 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

I'm not sure what excuse the club can come out with for not bringing someone in considering we've basically been looking for a centre back for a year now - and Hurst has made it exceptionally clear he is after a centre back.

I know Evans gets a lot of undue/unfair stick but how can he stand up and say he's backed Hurst to the hilt when we're embarrassingly short in one position and the manager has turned round and said as much?

If Blackpool have been awkward (which is their right) the only accusation that could be levelled at PH/ME is a lack of plan b (or not switching to plan b early enough).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:11 - Aug 31 with 1765 viewsFunge

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:02 - Aug 31 by SomethingBlue

Reminiscent of that final transfer window under Jewell (in terms of defenders, anyway) - what the fck are the club playing at?
Login to get fewer ads

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:16 - Aug 31 with 1718 viewsuefacup81

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:10 - Aug 31 by Swansea_Blue

If Blackpool have been awkward (which is their right) the only accusation that could be levelled at PH/ME is a lack of plan b (or not switching to plan b early enough).

From the way it's gone, I get the impression that Blackpool came back to the table suggesting they were willing to play ball, and then decided to move the goalposts again late in the day, in the hope of forcing ME's hand.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:19 - Aug 31 with 1689 viewsSteve_M

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:01 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

How entirely untypical of Evans since the Summer of 2010. He did an interview and everything though.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 13:48]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:19 - Aug 31 with 1694 viewsRegencyBlue

Frankly no and if that does turn out to be the case it’s another shocker from Evans.

Yes I will blame our illustrious owner, rather than Hurst, because this situation has his penny pinching fingerprints all over it.

Frantically trawling around for a loan centre back in the final hours of the transfer window is inexcusable and very reminiscent of the Murphy situation a few years ago. At least there was the excuse then that there were only 3 days to sort something out, we’ve had 3 months to sort this out ffs!
Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:20 - Aug 31 with 1666 viewschristiand

Yep, I think our work is done now and 5pm will come and go with little fuss or additions made.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:21 - Aug 31 with 1664 viewsMetal_Hacker

I very much doubt anyone will come in now

Think we’ll utilise Woolfy far more when fit and also shoehorn Chalobah when the need arises , such as tomorrow.

Not ideal at all

Poll: If it were one or the other

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:29 - Aug 31 with 1577 viewsPilgrimblue

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:16 - Aug 31 by uefacup81

From the way it's gone, I get the impression that Blackpool came back to the table suggesting they were willing to play ball, and then decided to move the goalposts again late in the day, in the hope of forcing ME's hand.

The trouble is they must know we're desperate so are upping the stakes. Should never have allowed this to happen so leaving too late has created unnecessary panic measures.
Plus we've now joined others late shopping so competition now playing a part.
Can't help thinking that Tilt was cocked up from start and in the unlikely event we'll find last minute I feel that Hurst will have to use what he's got.
Maybe back 3 of Dona/Chambo/Jonas would work with 2 wingbacks and 3 in middle but not great.
Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:32 - Aug 31 with 1549 viewsVic

I wouldn’t be surprised if your right.

But we’ll be OK until Christmas. Nsiala is only out for 3 games. I have every faith that Woolfie will be an excellent deputy and even if he’s not fit for Sunday the two other games are just the sort of introduction to the team he needs. (Little 2-3 burst runs), then we have Knudsen who proved to be a very able deputy there last year, and Chalobar can play there if necessary. Last of all we could call back Chris Smith.

None of this is to excuse not getting someone’s in before now, it I’m not sure it will be the disaster we all think.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:32 - Aug 31 with 1539 viewsSpruceMoose

I called this yesterday. Stand by for the board to be on news commenty fire this evening.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:38 - Aug 31 with 1485 viewsSomethingBlue

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:32 - Aug 31 by Vic

I wouldn’t be surprised if your right.

But we’ll be OK until Christmas. Nsiala is only out for 3 games. I have every faith that Woolfie will be an excellent deputy and even if he’s not fit for Sunday the two other games are just the sort of introduction to the team he needs. (Little 2-3 burst runs), then we have Knudsen who proved to be a very able deputy there last year, and Chalobar can play there if necessary. Last of all we could call back Chris Smith.

None of this is to excuse not getting someone’s in before now, it I’m not sure it will be the disaster we all think.

Will we though? Five games in and we've already had one centre-back miss three weeks and another pick up a three-game ban. We are desperately thin in that area and, for the umpteenth year now, are about to muddle through in a key position despite promises that things are changing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:40 - Aug 31 with 1456 viewsVic

Gut feeling is we won't be signing a centre back today on 13:38 - Aug 31 by SomethingBlue

Will we though? Five games in and we've already had one centre-back miss three weeks and another pick up a three-game ban. We are desperately thin in that area and, for the umpteenth year now, are about to muddle through in a key position despite promises that things are changing.

Of course we will. It’s not like we’re near the bottom of the league and need points or anything is it. A few games blowing a youngster or two won’t matter.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024