Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old 16:51 - Aug 30 with 2149 viewsuefacup81

Two words:

Tony Mowbray

[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 16:52]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 16:55 - Aug 30 with 2097 viewschicoazul

He was 31 when he joined us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 16:58 - Aug 30 with 2076 viewsuefacup81

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 16:55 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

I seem to recall he'd been moved to a coaching role at the start of 1999-2000, and was drafted back in at 36 to solve a defensive crisis, and was ever present for the rest of the season.

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:05 - Aug 30 with 2042 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 16:55 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

I think he is referring to how old he was (36 or 37) when he helped us win promotion and then played in the Premier League.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:05 - Aug 30 with 2034 viewschicoazul

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:05 - Aug 30 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I think he is referring to how old he was (36 or 37) when he helped us win promotion and then played in the Premier League.

He didnt play in the Premier League.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:06 - Aug 30 with 2027 viewsWestover

Just look how Murphy played last night at the age of 35.
To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:06 - Aug 30 with 2018 viewsSwansea_Blue

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:05 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

He didnt play in the Premier League.

Hell of a match to retire on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:07 - Aug 30 with 2014 viewsuefacup81

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:06 - Aug 30 by Westover

Just look how Murphy played last night at the age of 35.

Clearly on MASSIVE performance enhancing drugs. Only logical explanation.

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:12 - Aug 30 with 1981 viewsPlums

John Wark

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:13 - Aug 30 with 1977 viewsSwansea_Blue

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:12 - Aug 30 by Plums

John Wark

No Jon Walters. Same initials though, so have half a point.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 1900 viewsThe_Last_Baron

McAuley is in good shape, lean as a bean. He's got two more years at Championship level left in him. He's in the latest Northern Ireland squad and will probably play, at least from the bench.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:42 - Aug 30 with 1890 viewsbilllm

They are
To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 18:45 - Aug 30 with 1772 viewsTractorchef

Not sure Blackburn would loan him out to be fair.
To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 19:14 - Aug 30 with 1720 viewsjeera

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:06 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

Hell of a match to retire on.

Rocky.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 19:29 - Aug 30 with 1688 viewsSuperfrans

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 16:58 - Aug 30 by uefacup81

I seem to recall he'd been moved to a coaching role at the start of 1999-2000, and was drafted back in at 36 to solve a defensive crisis, and was ever present for the rest of the season.

Walters is 34 (35 next month). And looks fit as a butcher's dog. That's fine.
Murphy is 35 and scored last night. Obviously still doing it. That's fine.
McAuley is 38, turns 39 in December. He's just too old. IMHO.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 19:32 - Aug 30 with 1669 viewsBluebell

To those saying Walters and McAuley are too old on 17:40 - Aug 30 by The_Last_Baron

McAuley is in good shape, lean as a bean. He's got two more years at Championship level left in him. He's in the latest Northern Ireland squad and will probably play, at least from the bench.

"will probably play, at least from the bench."

Is that allowed? Wouldn't it be better if gets up and goes out onto the pitch to play?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024