Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51691 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:25 - Aug 24 with 2261 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:01 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I should have posted the latest comments to be exposed. Well done for taking the piss rather than condemning the antisemitism.

I think this is rather apt in your case

I'll leave it there.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:02]

I've taken the piss for a reason. How are they "latest" comments if made in 2013?

I'll tell you how, the Tory smear machine has been digging around in everything Corbyn has ever said in order to put out more twisted sh!t. Otherwise, how has it taken 5 years for these comments to come to light?

Smear.

I read your original link. A bitter Corbyn hater taking comments out of context... as you are. He was referring to some specific people, not ALL British Zionists.

I'd say you're better than this but I don't think you are.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:28 - Aug 24 with 2254 viewsRyorry

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:19 - Aug 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thanks.

In my mind that also says are Corbyn's reported comments anti-Semitic? No.

Whether there are problems within the party that are not being resolved is a separate question but while the media is trying to paint Corbyn's comments as anti-Semitic I won't simply take that same media's word for it that there are. Clearly there are individuals within the Labour party that feel there are. I suspect most, if not all of them, would have answered my first question with a yes.

" I suspect most, if not all of them, would have answered my first question with a yes."

And I "suspect" most of them would have answered "no" and "no", but there you go!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:30 - Aug 24 with 2249 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:31 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Why do you think Duke interprets Jezza’s election in that way?

In my post of 10.20am
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 11:33]

People interpret all sorts of things according to their own world view.

Brexit was interpreted by some to mean that 'we' want to send immigrants back home and close our borders.

Thanks, i'll have a look back.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:32 - Aug 24 with 2230 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:19 - Aug 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thanks.

In my mind that also says are Corbyn's reported comments anti-Semitic? No.

Whether there are problems within the party that are not being resolved is a separate question but while the media is trying to paint Corbyn's comments as anti-Semitic I won't simply take that same media's word for it that there are. Clearly there are individuals within the Labour party that feel there are. I suspect most, if not all of them, would have answered my first question with a yes.

Back to my original question then. Had Corbyn made those comments about any other minority group he'd be called out as a racist. If Boris had said that about British born Muslims he;d have been hammered for it and quite rightly so.

I'll leave you to ponder over how a selection of Jewish people feel about the comments.

When you have read their comments please point out where they are wrong and ask yourself how can you defend racist comments.

That's all I am going to say on the subject for a few days because I am appalled that there are people defending racism. I'm out.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:33]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:34 - Aug 24 with 2195 viewsZedRodgers

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:25 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Duke is a long term fan

A white supremacist and former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan praised the election of Jeremy Corbyn to the Labour leadership as a sign that people were recognising “Zionist power” and “Jewish establishment power”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/former-kkk-wizard-praised-corbyn-victory-rztz

You spectaculaly miss the point. Corbyn has been caught making anti Semitic comments and has support from people like Duke and Griffin. Corbyn even invited in or Dukes neo Nazi mates to speak at one of his events.

If this was any other politician talking about any other minority group they would be resigning today.

Have made an effort to avoid threads like this recently, but thought I'd have a quick look on the last page to see if it's turned into a GlasgowBlue calling Jeremy Corbyn an antisemite thread.

I should have known that after 9 pages there would be even wilder accusations from the obsessed and irrational GB.

Duke a long term fan of Corbyn?

No, not at the moment

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:35 - Aug 24 with 2215 viewsEdwardStone

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:20 - Aug 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Brexit will inevitably increase immigration from outside the EU - whilst our greatly weakened currency and economy is already reducing EU migration. Immigration is a huge necessity and has been this entire century.

There is a very important point here.

People are banging on about the problems associated with the population increase in the UK.

But some countries are struggling with the opposite. I spent a few weeks in the south-east Latvia earlier this year and there are abandoned farms, deserted villages and empty houses galore. Schools close because there are no kids, shops close because there are no customers.

Literally, if you want a house just ask the Council and they will give you a house that day for free...just pay your water/gas/elec bills.

Imagine you threw a party and you were so popular that the World and his brother all wanted to gatecrash and be a part of this amazing vibrant happening...you are popular. I venture that this is the situation that the UK is in.

Imagine you threw a party and nobody attended; how sad would that be? That is the situation some of European neighbours find themselves in.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 2191 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:32 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Back to my original question then. Had Corbyn made those comments about any other minority group he'd be called out as a racist. If Boris had said that about British born Muslims he;d have been hammered for it and quite rightly so.

I'll leave you to ponder over how a selection of Jewish people feel about the comments.

When you have read their comments please point out where they are wrong and ask yourself how can you defend racist comments.

That's all I am going to say on the subject for a few days because I am appalled that there are people defending racism. I'm out.

So you pick out the worst comments on Twitter you can find, leave them, then run off?

I could probably find just as many comments that back Corbyn if I could be bothered to trawl Twitter.

And why were these people not bothered about these comments 5 years ago when they happened? They were publicly broadcast, why weren't they reported more broadly? You'd think Jews, especially, would've got wind of them?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 2187 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:34 - Aug 24 by ZedRodgers

Have made an effort to avoid threads like this recently, but thought I'd have a quick look on the last page to see if it's turned into a GlasgowBlue calling Jeremy Corbyn an antisemite thread.

I should have known that after 9 pages there would be even wilder accusations from the obsessed and irrational GB.

Duke a long term fan of Corbyn?

I call everyone I'm a fan of "filth".

Login to get fewer ads

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 2187 viewsfooters

Unfortunately I don't agree that Boris would be hammered for it. He's been casually racist and Islamaphobic for years and people love him for it. From wide-grinning picanninies to 'lol niqabs look like letterboxes', people and papers leap at the chance to defend and embolden him.

If we're going to talk about racism in this country, then we should be speaking about the disgusting right-wing press who constantly stoke racical and religious tensions. The Sun even now has some laughable campaign 'promoting' British muslims, with all of the stories under that banner not having comments enabled. Wonder why.

I know you're very hot on the issue of antisemitism but Islamophobia and general xenophobia are far more widespread and pernicious. We go back and forth on issues of semantics day in, day out with this. All it really boils down to is legitimate criticism of a brand of Zionism that leads effectively to an apartheid state. On the other hand, actual racism doesn't seem to bother anyone, and anyone who calls it out is some sort of regressive snowflake type.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:47 - Aug 24 with 2184 viewsRyorry

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:35 - Aug 24 by EdwardStone

There is a very important point here.

People are banging on about the problems associated with the population increase in the UK.

But some countries are struggling with the opposite. I spent a few weeks in the south-east Latvia earlier this year and there are abandoned farms, deserted villages and empty houses galore. Schools close because there are no kids, shops close because there are no customers.

Literally, if you want a house just ask the Council and they will give you a house that day for free...just pay your water/gas/elec bills.

Imagine you threw a party and you were so popular that the World and his brother all wanted to gatecrash and be a part of this amazing vibrant happening...you are popular. I venture that this is the situation that the UK is in.

Imagine you threw a party and nobody attended; how sad would that be? That is the situation some of European neighbours find themselves in.

Very, very interesting topic in its own right, and worthy of a thread of its own. All sorts of theories possible (and are no doubt out there somewhere) - austerity? (in some countries); planet stablilising itself? (population globally rising recently to unsustainable levels? climate change?)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 2159 viewsHerbivore

Zionist and Jew are not interchangeable. Plenty of Jews are not Zionists and plenty of Zionists aren't Jews.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 2159 viewsPinewoodblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:47 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Very, very interesting topic in its own right, and worthy of a thread of its own. All sorts of theories possible (and are no doubt out there somewhere) - austerity? (in some countries); planet stablilising itself? (population globally rising recently to unsustainable levels? climate change?)

https://qz.com/1187819/country-ranking-worlds-fastest-shrinking-countries-are-in

Guess they are economic migrants.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:05 - Aug 24 with 2147 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:01 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

Zionist and Jew are not interchangeable. Plenty of Jews are not Zionists and plenty of Zionists aren't Jews.

Labour's own AS code quotes the following from Chakrabarti: "My advice to critics of the Israeli State and/or Government is to use the term "Zionist" advisedly, carefully and never euphemistically or as part of personal abuse". But that's what Corbyn did.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:08 - Aug 24 with 2139 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:05 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Labour's own AS code quotes the following from Chakrabarti: "My advice to critics of the Israeli State and/or Government is to use the term "Zionist" advisedly, carefully and never euphemistically or as part of personal abuse". But that's what Corbyn did.

5 years ago. It was ill-advised I agree, but proof he himself is clearly anti-Semitic? Sorry Glassers, this isn't the smoking gun you think it is imo. Personally I don't think using the term Zionist is very helpful, but as pointed out Zionists are not all Jews and not all Jews are Zionists.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:13 - Aug 24 with 2122 viewsbaxterbasics

Lols. Just delved into this thread for the first time, went straight to page 9... imagine my surprise to see we are back onto Corbyn and antisemitism.

But whilst we are here, I would be interested to explore whether or not everyone understands and is agreed on what 'Zionism' actually means? Seems to get thrown around a lot without much discussion.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:14 - Aug 24 with 2117 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:40 - Aug 24 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I've read all 8 pages only to realise it was a Corbyn thread all along....

I've been hoodwinked.

Glassers took a Corbyn dump in Benters Immigration pool. For shame.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:16 - Aug 24 with 2110 viewsSpruceMoose

My face when promises of leaving it there are broken.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:16 - Aug 24 with 2110 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:08 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

5 years ago. It was ill-advised I agree, but proof he himself is clearly anti-Semitic? Sorry Glassers, this isn't the smoking gun you think it is imo. Personally I don't think using the term Zionist is very helpful, but as pointed out Zionists are not all Jews and not all Jews are Zionists.

I was bailing out of this because I'm aware that these these threads can go like a game of ping pong. Especially when Dolly is involved. But I want to be clear on this because you are debating with an open mind.

I refer you to what David Baddiel said: "But he brings into the frame factors of culture and nationality. Why? Why bring in how long they've lived here and their level of Englishness?

That is racist. And it's not one isolated incident.

You could, as somebody earlier said, that his comments were directed at one group of Zionists. Not all Zionists and not all Jews. Just the Zionists who were in the room and had upset him in some fashion.

But that means Corbyn told a group of Jews who he disagreed with that they weren't English enough. That is racism.

There is no context that can be used to defend what he said.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:18 - Aug 24 with 2094 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:16 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I was bailing out of this because I'm aware that these these threads can go like a game of ping pong. Especially when Dolly is involved. But I want to be clear on this because you are debating with an open mind.

I refer you to what David Baddiel said: "But he brings into the frame factors of culture and nationality. Why? Why bring in how long they've lived here and their level of Englishness?

You could, as somebody earlier said, that his comments were directed at one group of Zionists. Not all Zionists and not all Jews. Just the Zionists who were in the room and had upset him in some fashion.

But that means Corbyn told a group of Jews who he disagreed with that they weren't English enough. That is racism.

Bailing out eh... Don't lie to me again please Glassers!

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:19 - Aug 24 with 2089 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:46 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

I call everyone I'm a fan of "filth".

Keno does, to be fair. I think he means it differently though.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:20 - Aug 24 with 2086 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:08 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

This is a decent point GB. You've posted quite a few 'final definitive proof' style points and none of them have stuck. Not saying that proves you wrong but this is a reasonable forum. If there was clear proof available most on here would admit it. Much of it seems to be based on interpretation, differing on the meanings of words or creating new terms like 'soft anti-Semitism' or whatever the recent example was.

Again, not saying you're wrong but when most of the articles are based on jumping to conclusions and loose definitions you start to wonder what the motivation is.

Truly impaired.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:21 - Aug 24 with 2077 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:16 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Some of the interpretations and leaps of logic required to make this an example of anti-Semitism are a little bit too much of a stretch for me.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:36 - Aug 24 with 2033 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:20 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

This is a decent point GB. You've posted quite a few 'final definitive proof' style points and none of them have stuck. Not saying that proves you wrong but this is a reasonable forum. If there was clear proof available most on here would admit it. Much of it seems to be based on interpretation, differing on the meanings of words or creating new terms like 'soft anti-Semitism' or whatever the recent example was.

Again, not saying you're wrong but when most of the articles are based on jumping to conclusions and loose definitions you start to wonder what the motivation is.

And that my friend has been why antisemitism has never been taken as seriously as any other type of racism.

In most examples of racism the victim is usually seen as inferior. The white supremacist sees himself by definition as superior to the black man. The Eastern Europeans are coming over here taking our jobs for less money. Again, the victim is inferior.

Whereas with antisemitism the victim is seen as somebody to be jealous of. They have more money than us. They control the media. They are more loyal to Israel who subjugate the Palestinians. It's much harder to feel sorry for the victims of antisemitism.

Also, people cannot get their heads around a left wing party being racist. Far easier to believe those on the right are racist. But the left are supposed to be morally better.

Had David Duke and Nick Griffin endorsed T May the outcry on here would have been deafening. It would have been proof positive that the Tories are racists.

Put the last three paragraphs together and apply it to the left and I think their is an inbuilt reluctance to accept it as true. Even though the proof is there.

Use Corbyn's comments about any other minority group and ask yourself "is that racist".
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:39]

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:41 - Aug 24 with 2011 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:36 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

And that my friend has been why antisemitism has never been taken as seriously as any other type of racism.

In most examples of racism the victim is usually seen as inferior. The white supremacist sees himself by definition as superior to the black man. The Eastern Europeans are coming over here taking our jobs for less money. Again, the victim is inferior.

Whereas with antisemitism the victim is seen as somebody to be jealous of. They have more money than us. They control the media. They are more loyal to Israel who subjugate the Palestinians. It's much harder to feel sorry for the victims of antisemitism.

Also, people cannot get their heads around a left wing party being racist. Far easier to believe those on the right are racist. But the left are supposed to be morally better.

Had David Duke and Nick Griffin endorsed T May the outcry on here would have been deafening. It would have been proof positive that the Tories are racists.

Put the last three paragraphs together and apply it to the left and I think their is an inbuilt reluctance to accept it as true. Even though the proof is there.

Use Corbyn's comments about any other minority group and ask yourself "is that racist".

I hope you realise you have ruined a post that had great Benters bashing potential.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:43 - Aug 24 with 2003 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:36 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

My personal views are definitely right of centre. I have no real issue with not believing it because it's about the left.

I'm sure Nick Griffin and David Duke would 'endorse' May on a single issue. I'm sure they have some views in common with me, you and everyone else on here.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024