Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51449 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:07 - Aug 24 with 2588 viewsBangor31

the simple number crunching i have done indicates that around 60% of direct population growth is due to immigration, looking at the number of non UK born people to UK born people id fathom somewhere in the region of 15% of new borns are by migrants.

therefore the NHS has had an increased of somewhere in the region of 7.5% more people to look after along with an ever ageing population and millennials using it as if it was a costa.

we already are food dependant on other countries on a large portion of necessity crops which would be your first indication that you are overpopulated.

does this mean immigration is bad? not at all. did the last 15-25 years get out of control? quite probably. my argument for the last 15 years, in particular, being an immigration failure is as follows:

- there wasn't an overriding need for immigration
- reduced innovation in several sectors of our economy (farming being a great example)
- due to the speed of the influx less good housing, poor transportation, and destruction of green belt has occurred
- reduces salaries of UK citizen who resided prior (S&D - more supply)

immigration for the sake of immigration is a terrible policy. i think someone talked about Iraq and Afghanistan together the immigration from those two countries, which i wholly agree we should accept due to our involvement (thank you tony), cannot equal more than 4%. so due to our policy of immigration for the sake of immigration we have reduced innovation due to cheap, short term, labour which is the easy option that our economy has been going for.

i think a point system similar to AUS would be one of the better options as you would then get the right people in who are aiding the economy in areas we cannot facilitate at that given point
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:18 - Aug 24 with 2565 viewsNewcyBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:57 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

So had they dropped the word British and just said “Muslims” and then described them as having lived here all their lives, you would accept that person was referring to British Muslims? Yes?

Unless, like Nick Griffin and co, you don’t believe Muslims who have lived here all their lives are British.

So then mocking immigrants to the UK for not being able to understand our language and cultural norms would be racist wouldn’t it? It’s nit any different to Borisnmocking people who wear the Burka. We have all agreed that was Islamophibic.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 8:58]

I would say you have a point, it does however deflect from the point being made that it seems “they”, being said immigrants, are taking “our”, being I have no idea what, services, housing, money, benefits, health care, etc.

There is no room for hatred, whether that be based on colour, religion, sexuality, gender.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:21 - Aug 24 with 2558 viewsm14_blue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:09 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Don’t what? The thread is about immigrants. The thread addresses what constitutes being racist when talking about immigrants. If Boris had made the comment about British Muslims, people would have been screaming racist at him. And quite rightly so. Am I correct?

Sigh.

Everyone knows how you feel about JC, you've made the point eloquently and at great length on numerous other threads. Most people agree with you about the problems with anti semitism in Labour and Corbyn's abject failure to deal with it. Your posts on the subject have certainly taught me things I wouldn't have otherwise known.

You really don't need to find spurious ways of twisting every thread to that subject.

Particularly by trying to trick people into saying Corbyn is a racist so you can say 'gotcha'.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:52 - Aug 24 with 2523 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:18 - Aug 24 by NewcyBlue

I would say you have a point, it does however deflect from the point being made that it seems “they”, being said immigrants, are taking “our”, being I have no idea what, services, housing, money, benefits, health care, etc.

There is no room for hatred, whether that be based on colour, religion, sexuality, gender.

You may not realise this is an indirect Corbyn thing Newcy!
The imaginary conversation has taken too many tangents for me already!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:20 - Aug 24 with 2490 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:21 - Aug 24 by m14_blue

Sigh.

Everyone knows how you feel about JC, you've made the point eloquently and at great length on numerous other threads. Most people agree with you about the problems with anti semitism in Labour and Corbyn's abject failure to deal with it. Your posts on the subject have certainly taught me things I wouldn't have otherwise known.

You really don't need to find spurious ways of twisting every thread to that subject.

Particularly by trying to trick people into saying Corbyn is a racist so you can say 'gotcha'.

It's not about trying to say gotcha. It's about people finally admitting Corbyn is an antisemite.

People may have come around to accepting Labour has a problem with antisemitism but it always comes with the caveat that Corbyn himself is anti racist and needs to do more. Surely after reading the latest comments he made in 2013n they can't say that anymore

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/why-jeremy-corbyn-s-zionist-comments-were-

If these comments had been made about any other minority group, what would the Left's response be.

Labour can't solve their antisemitism problem so long as Corbyn leads the party.

BTW this is well worth a read.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/yes-a-corbyn-government-could-pose-an-exis
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 10:24]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:31 - Aug 24 with 2479 viewsjjblue84

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:20 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

It's not about trying to say gotcha. It's about people finally admitting Corbyn is an antisemite.

People may have come around to accepting Labour has a problem with antisemitism but it always comes with the caveat that Corbyn himself is anti racist and needs to do more. Surely after reading the latest comments he made in 2013n they can't say that anymore

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/why-jeremy-corbyn-s-zionist-comments-were-

If these comments had been made about any other minority group, what would the Left's response be.

Labour can't solve their antisemitism problem so long as Corbyn leads the party.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/yes-a-corbyn-government-could-pose-an-exis

Has anyone defined ‘antisemitism’ yet?? Maybe this is the real issue...
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:39 - Aug 24 with 2460 viewslowhouseblue

but it's all made up by those, cough, zionists who've lived in this country all their lives but just don’t understand english ways. we'd all be thankful if they just remained silent. no point linking stuff about history for those people - they don't understand it.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 10:47]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 2443 viewsNewcyBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:52 - Aug 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

You may not realise this is an indirect Corbyn thing Newcy!
The imaginary conversation has taken too many tangents for me already!

No, I realise.

Whilst there is a point there somewhere, I do feel it detracts from the original point of the thread.

Glassers views on anti-semitism hasn’t become more intense because of Corbyn.

Just as there’s more reporting of racism, there’s more reporting of anti-semitism.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:01 - Aug 24 with 2409 viewsimsureazzure

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:57 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

Bigotry never sleeps.

Perhaps you should try Nytol.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:13 - Aug 24 with 2376 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:43 - Aug 24 by NewcyBlue

No, I realise.

Whilst there is a point there somewhere, I do feel it detracts from the original point of the thread.

Glassers views on anti-semitism hasn’t become more intense because of Corbyn.

Just as there’s more reporting of racism, there’s more reporting of anti-semitism.

And I honestly can't think of any decent Labour supporter who can be comfortable with the former Grand Wizard of the KKK and Nick Griffin both giving Corbyn support on the same day.

This is where the Labour party now finds itself. Jewish MP's are considering breaking away from the party and several moderates will join them in support. If that happens then we will have another five years of Tory government. Even that turns my stomach.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:16 - Aug 24 with 2363 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:13 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

And I honestly can't think of any decent Labour supporter who can be comfortable with the former Grand Wizard of the KKK and Nick Griffin both giving Corbyn support on the same day.

This is where the Labour party now finds itself. Jewish MP's are considering breaking away from the party and several moderates will join them in support. If that happens then we will have another five years of Tory government. Even that turns my stomach.

Nick Griffin is still a thing?

As for Duke, unless there is something missing from that screenshot, he's simply agreeing with one point. Hardly support from the KKK.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:24 - Aug 24 with 2351 viewsRyorry

OFGS give it a rest Glassers!

(this is about as religious as I ever get btw!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:25 - Aug 24 with 2336 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:16 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

Nick Griffin is still a thing?

As for Duke, unless there is something missing from that screenshot, he's simply agreeing with one point. Hardly support from the KKK.

Duke is a long term fan

A white supremacist and former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan praised the election of Jeremy Corbyn to the Labour leadership as a sign that people were recognising “Zionist power” and “Jewish establishment power”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/former-kkk-wizard-praised-corbyn-victory-rztz

You spectaculaly miss the point. Corbyn has been caught making anti Semitic comments and has support from people like Duke and Griffin. Corbyn even invited in or Dukes neo Nazi mates to speak at one of his events.

If this was any other politician talking about any other minority group they would be resigning today.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:26 - Aug 24 with 2330 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Without trawling through the rest of this thread and recognising it has now been taken by GB to his continual let's paint Corbyn as worse than Satan …

On the OP: UK population growth has averaged less than 0.5% and only briefly reached 1% over the past 2 decades. This means immigration is contributing less than 0.4% population growth. Without it, our population would be virtually stagnating.

As a developed country, we cannot sustain a population growth below 0.5% there is something massively wrong. The original headline is decidedly sensationalist and unnecessarily alarming.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/uk-population/

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:27 - Aug 24 with 2325 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:25 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Duke is a long term fan

A white supremacist and former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan praised the election of Jeremy Corbyn to the Labour leadership as a sign that people were recognising “Zionist power” and “Jewish establishment power”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/former-kkk-wizard-praised-corbyn-victory-rztz

You spectaculaly miss the point. Corbyn has been caught making anti Semitic comments and has support from people like Duke and Griffin. Corbyn even invited in or Dukes neo Nazi mates to speak at one of his events.

If this was any other politician talking about any other minority group they would be resigning today.

How Duke interprets Corbyn's victory isn't Corbyn's problem.

Do you have a link to the anti-Semitic comments?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:31 - Aug 24 with 2308 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:27 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

How Duke interprets Corbyn's victory isn't Corbyn's problem.

Do you have a link to the anti-Semitic comments?

Why do you think Duke interprets Jezza’s election in that way?

In my post of 10.20am
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 11:33]

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:38 - Aug 24 with 2281 viewsBrixtonBlue

"the latest comments he made in 2013"

LOL. How were they latest comments if they were 5 years ago?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:40 - Aug 24 with 2274 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I've read all 8 pages only to realise it was a Corbyn thread all along....

I've been hoodwinked.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:45 - Aug 24 with 2264 viewsfooters

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:40 - Aug 24 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I've read all 8 pages only to realise it was a Corbyn thread all along....

I've been hoodwinked.

Friday's virtual pub can't open quickly enough, really. I'll buy you a pint :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:01 - Aug 24 with 2220 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:38 - Aug 24 by BrixtonBlue

"the latest comments he made in 2013"

LOL. How were they latest comments if they were 5 years ago?!

I should have posted the latest comments to be exposed. Well done for taking the piss rather than condemning the antisemitism.

I think this is rather apt in your case

I'll leave it there.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:02]

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:06 - Aug 24 with 2207 viewsartsbossbeard

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:01 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I should have posted the latest comments to be exposed. Well done for taking the piss rather than condemning the antisemitism.

I'll leave it there.

Please.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:09 - Aug 24 with 2197 viewsNthsuffolkblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:01 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I'll leave it there.

He accused "a group of British Zionists" in 2013 according to the previous one you shared. This needs more context I would suggest.

Can I ask you two questions? I expect you will deflect and/or ignore it but let's see.

Do you agree that Israel should treat Palestine in the way it does?

Does answering "no" to that question make you anti-Semitic?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:15 - Aug 24 with 2187 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:09 - Aug 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

He accused "a group of British Zionists" in 2013 according to the previous one you shared. This needs more context I would suggest.

Can I ask you two questions? I expect you will deflect and/or ignore it but let's see.

Do you agree that Israel should treat Palestine in the way it does?

Does answering "no" to that question make you anti-Semitic?

No. No.

There. That wasn't hard was it. I didn't have to resort to antisemitic tropes to answer either question. It really isn't that hard to criticize Israel without resorting to using anti semitic tropes.

[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:17]

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:19 - Aug 24 with 2177 viewsNthsuffolkblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:15 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

No. No.

There. That wasn't hard was it. I didn't have to resort to antisemitic tropes to answer either question. It really isn't that hard to criticize Israel without resorting to using anti semitic tropes.

[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 12:17]

Thanks.

In my mind that also says are Corbyn's reported comments anti-Semitic? No.

Whether there are problems within the party that are not being resolved is a separate question but while the media is trying to paint Corbyn's comments as anti-Semitic I won't simply take that same media's word for it that there are. Clearly there are individuals within the Labour party that feel there are. I suspect most, if not all of them, would have answered my first question with a yes.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:20 - Aug 24 with 2176 viewsElephantintheRoom

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:34 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

I don't have the answers, but merely suggesting that needing 300k immigrants a year coming in as net contributors and still running a huge national debt and having poor services isn't a particularly sustainable position.

What on earth happens if a Hard Brexit comes in and we don't get that immigration is a huge concern.

Brexit will inevitably increase immigration from outside the EU - whilst our greatly weakened currency and economy is already reducing EU migration. Immigration is a huge necessity and has been this entire century.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024