Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51695 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:38 - Aug 23 with 3373 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:34 - Aug 23 by Pinewoodblue

The problem isn't Benters it is those, you included, who feel they have a God given right to point out, in an aggressive manner, what they see as the error of his ways.

It never ceases to amaze me how you cannot see that your intolerance is unacceptable.

Mega lolz. That's a pitiful response. If people are going to express views that aren't well founded then there is no issue with people explaining to them why they are ill founded. My post to Benters wasn't remotely aggressive, unlike your response to it, ironically. Your intolerance of people who like to debate using facts and logic is unacceptable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:46 - Aug 23 with 3364 viewsPinewoodblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:38 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Mega lolz. That's a pitiful response. If people are going to express views that aren't well founded then there is no issue with people explaining to them why they are ill founded. My post to Benters wasn't remotely aggressive, unlike your response to it, ironically. Your intolerance of people who like to debate using facts and logic is unacceptable.

If someone continues to make what you regard as ill-informed posts, and they don't seem to want to change then the sensible thing to do is leave them to it.

There are far more important issues than one mans views you don't agree with.

I got involved in this thread following Joe's excellent post. He has highlighted the ongoing problems and they have nothing to do with Benters was of expressing himself.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:47 - Aug 23 with 3359 viewsjaykay

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:48 - Aug 23 by Pinewoodblue

The best description Ihave seen of the countries current plight and not a political doctrine in sight.

Too many, on the left and on the right, contribute solely by quoting their party's line, hence by down vote to Connorscontract. Form your own opinion don't allow yourself to be brainwashed.Liked your comment about the polish school kids, same can be said for children of Asian decent.

Looking ahead I am not convinced any of the current political parties has the courage needed to turn things around. Immigrants are net contributors to the Country but only because we are not spending what is needed on infrastructure.

Taxes need to rise across the board Tax on companies needs a serious overhaul, too many sectors are being hit by property taxes while others avoid paying their fair share. The biggest problem with finding a solution is the way company tax law is written. Experts from large accountancy firms work on secondment for the Treasury then return to their employers knowing precisely how tax can be avoided.

so you are the second person to say higher taxes are needed,plus money is needed on infrastructure.
almost corbynest

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:48 - Aug 23 with 3361 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:46 - Aug 23 by Pinewoodblue

If someone continues to make what you regard as ill-informed posts, and they don't seem to want to change then the sensible thing to do is leave them to it.

I got involved in this thread following Joe's excellent post. He has highlighted the ongoing problems and they have nothing to do with Benters was of expressing himself.

Do we not have a moral duty to try and inform the ignorant?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:52 - Aug 23 with 3348 viewsBrixtonBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:34 - Aug 23 by Pinewoodblue

The problem isn't Benters it is those, you included, who feel they have a God given right to point out, in an aggressive manner, what they see as the error of his ways.

It never ceases to amaze me how you cannot see that your intolerance is unacceptable.

WTF? In what way has Herbi been aggressive in that post?

And what is wrong with pointing out the facts?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:03 - Aug 23 with 3337 viewsbrazil1982

"One of the most significant flows of migrants in recent years has been those coming from war torn Middle Eastern countries as refugees. "

Not true, the largest flow outside EU immigration has been from Iran, Nigeria, Eritrea, Pakistan and India. Statistically there have been few Syrians: up to 8500 were granted asylum last year.

In response to the OP

How is it ever going to work? I assume you mean resources and integration - very difficult, England is becoming a very much divided society. It is becoming a multi-national state which I fear will implode in years to come. This does concern me.

How can we ever keep up building houses? No, but I think jobs need to be spread across the regions. There are plenty of houses available in the North for example but not necessarily the employment opportunities to move here.

Is the NHS struggling? Yes but it always will. A radical rethink on the funding of the NHS is needed.

Does being worried about this make me a Racist? No; immigration is from all corners of the world.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:07 - Aug 23 with 3324 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:03 - Aug 23 by brazil1982

"One of the most significant flows of migrants in recent years has been those coming from war torn Middle Eastern countries as refugees. "

Not true, the largest flow outside EU immigration has been from Iran, Nigeria, Eritrea, Pakistan and India. Statistically there have been few Syrians: up to 8500 were granted asylum last year.

In response to the OP

How is it ever going to work? I assume you mean resources and integration - very difficult, England is becoming a very much divided society. It is becoming a multi-national state which I fear will implode in years to come. This does concern me.

How can we ever keep up building houses? No, but I think jobs need to be spread across the regions. There are plenty of houses available in the North for example but not necessarily the employment opportunities to move here.

Is the NHS struggling? Yes but it always will. A radical rethink on the funding of the NHS is needed.

Does being worried about this make me a Racist? No; immigration is from all corners of the world.

An excellent post thank you.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:10 - Aug 23 with 3320 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:03 - Aug 23 by brazil1982

In response to the OP

The divisions in the UK are not on racial or national lines, so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at there. Aside from that a reasonable post.

Login to get fewer ads

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:12 - Aug 23 with 3314 viewsPinewoodblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:48 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Do we not have a moral duty to try and inform the ignorant?

No!

2023 year of destiny

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:22 - Aug 23 with 3296 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:12 - Aug 23 by Pinewoodblue

No!

I disagree. And using your own logic you now need to leave me to it since I won't change my view.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:26 - Aug 23 with 3285 viewsSomethingBlue

So if something is objectively, verifiably wrong it should not be challenged? If you think that's a healthy way to be, then ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:33 - Aug 23 with 3271 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:26 - Aug 23 by SomethingBlue

So if something is objectively, verifiably wrong it should not be challenged? If you think that's a healthy way to be, then ...

Why is it wrong?

Are we in control of our borders and controlling the number of people coming in?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:36 - Aug 23 with 3261 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:33 - Aug 23 by Benters2

Why is it wrong?

Are we in control of our borders and controlling the number of people coming in?

Why it is wrong is because the reasons you have given for having concerns about immigration have been, repeatedly, shown to be ill founded. And yet you persist, despite immigration being of net benefit to the nation and having personally benefited you when you needed the services of the NHS.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:41 - Aug 23 with 3246 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:36 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Why it is wrong is because the reasons you have given for having concerns about immigration have been, repeatedly, shown to be ill founded. And yet you persist, despite immigration being of net benefit to the nation and having personally benefited you when you needed the services of the NHS.

I dont like the last part of that message,are you seriously trying to tell me every person ive seen in the NHS were immigrants !?

You have no idea.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 11:43]
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:43 - Aug 23 with 3244 viewsPinewoodblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:26 - Aug 23 by SomethingBlue

Shall we try and find some common ground? The original post was unnecessary but instead of having a go, taking the moral high ground, it would best have been ignored.

"Do we not have a moral duty to try and inform the ignorant?" I would counter that by asking If we have the right to suggest someone is ignorant just because they hold views you don't agree with?

2023 year of destiny

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:46 - Aug 23 with 3238 viewsbrazil1982

Net benefit is always measured and reasoned in economic terms.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:53 - Aug 23 with 3221 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:43 - Aug 23 by Pinewoodblue

Shall we try and find some common ground? The original post was unnecessary but instead of having a go, taking the moral high ground, it would best have been ignored.

"Do we not have a moral duty to try and inform the ignorant?" I would counter that by asking If we have the right to suggest someone is ignorant just because they hold views you don't agree with?

They are ignorant if their views are ill founded, hope that clears things up.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:54 - Aug 23 with 3219 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:41 - Aug 23 by Benters2

I dont like the last part of that message,are you seriously trying to tell me every person ive seen in the NHS were immigrants !?

You have no idea.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 11:43]

No, I've not suggested that at all. But I guess it's easier to mock offence than engage in meaningful debate about why it is you are actually concerned about immigration.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:55 - Aug 23 with 3219 viewsstickymockwell

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:43 - Aug 23 by Pinewoodblue

I think the reason a lot of us jump onto Benters back is the repeated starting of posts, straight out of the Daily Mail handbook of headlines. The simple fact is, he must post them to get a reaction and after putting across his opinions, it just seems like it boils down to the racist reasons as to why he believes we need to close the door/ get rid of immigrants that are here or coming here.
If you start the posts then expect replies that don't go along with your thinking.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:56 - Aug 23 with 3216 viewsitfcjoe

But there are clear negatives to unemployment - Benters has previously said that when he was a bricklayer he had to take huge pay cuts because lots of immigrant bricklayers came across from EU and would work for less.

When there is no control of the type of immigrant that enters the country - e.g. by a point based system - then the 'net benefits' aren't going to be felt by everyone as it is all unplanned and linked to the market rather than any Govt policy.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 3214 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:42 - Aug 23 by Benters2

My normal views please go on?

You dont know me at all if thats what you think.

Let me guess you a Corbyn fan?

Badger made a thread yesterday wishing all Muslim town fans Eid Mubarak. You down voted it. You must be able to see why people think these things about you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:04 - Aug 23 with 3204 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:56 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

But there are clear negatives to unemployment - Benters has previously said that when he was a bricklayer he had to take huge pay cuts because lots of immigrant bricklayers came across from EU and would work for less.

When there is no control of the type of immigrant that enters the country - e.g. by a point based system - then the 'net benefits' aren't going to be felt by everyone as it is all unplanned and linked to the market rather than any Govt policy.

That's the nature of markets. Rail against a capitalist system that is based on exploiting workers if that's what you're against, not against your fellow hard working man who is just trying to earn a living.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:09 - Aug 23 with 3185 viewseireblue

Point of order.

The OP wasn't an ill-informed post.

It was a set of questions.

Surely anyone is therefore allowed to respond to those questions?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:14 - Aug 23 with 3172 viewsnoggin

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:04 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

That's the nature of markets. Rail against a capitalist system that is based on exploiting workers if that's what you're against, not against your fellow hard working man who is just trying to earn a living.

Blame the British people who wanted cheap labour and the British companies who employed them. That is surely where the problem lies? Everyone wants cheap goods and services.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:16 - Aug 23 with 3162 viewsfooters

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:58 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

Badger made a thread yesterday wishing all Muslim town fans Eid Mubarak. You down voted it. You must be able to see why people think these things about you.

He tried it once at Spoons Curry Club. Too spicy.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024