Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51633 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:47 - Aug 25 with 2844 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:44 - Aug 25 by GlasgowBlue

Hmmmm. Same comments made towards Brighton fans. What was the verdic?

It’s a bit like saying somebody said something racist but they aren’t racist. Either way it’s unacceotable and shows him up for thinking that homophobia is a subject for using to insult somebody.

Bit different IMO.

If Dolly is homophobic here then so is half of the forum including me. Most of us have made daft comments about Benters and Taximan. Or Newcy at sea. Or the classic 'what was his name' response to someone who had a date.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:25 - Aug 25 with 2803 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:48 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

But it is also possible to acknowledge the issue of anti-semitism in the Labour party and that Corbyn has done a poor job of tackling it and still disagree that this latest comment is clear evidence that he is an anti-semite. It is the tarring of people with the brush of 'apologist' for not agreeing with you that is problematic. It takes a fair few interpretive leaps to get to anti-semitism from what Corbyn said in context and not everyone will make those leaps. Bringing in Chakrabarti is also problematic, her guidance on the use of language about Zionism came about 3 years after these comments were made. Would it be fair for me to say Ellis Harrison is crap because he didn't score for us against Norwich in the play offs? It's stuff like this that gives it the air of a witch hunt and weakens the more legitimate points that are being made.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 9:56]

Yes I have to agree with you that I am failing to take on board the counter argument and that isn't a good way to debate. I have to look at myself with regards to this. I think it's fair to say that I have seen and posted so many examples of Corbyn and anti semitism that I find it impossible to understand why people are not agreeing with my point. And as frustrating as that is I need to learn to accept that not everybody is seeing things the same way as I am.

I have promised not to post on this subject for a while but as I am answering your reply to me I can't avoid touching on it. So what I will say is that I am not using only this "latest comment [as] clear evidence that he is an anti-semite". It's just the latest in a series of incidents.

I put his latest comments together with his continued support and attendance at meetings organised by self proclaimed Holocaust denier Paul Eisen, which he continued doing so on several occasions after Eisen had outed himself. And then lied about it.

I put his latest comments together with the fact that he had been a member of not one but two antisemitic secret facebook groups, which again he lied about.

I put his latest comments together with his claim that the BBC is biased by saying that Israel has the right to exist.

I put his latest comments together with the number of times he has compared the actions of the Israeli government to that of the Nazis in WW2, which according to the IHRA code is antisemitic.

I put his latest comments together with the fact that he organised an event on Holocaust Memorial Day called 'Never again for anyone - Auschwitz to Gaza', which again repeats the antisemitic trope of comparing the actions of Israel to the Nazis.

I put his latest comments together with the fact that he invited neo, and friend of David Duke, Nazi James Thring to speak at one of his anti Israel meetings. An actual neo Nazi.

I could go on nand mention the numerous antisemites, blood libelers and Holocaust deniers that he has associated with, but you can see that it's not just one isolated incident that leads me to my conclusion.

Margaret Hodge called him a racist and an antisemite to his face and he didn't take legal action against her because he was advised that he couldn't prove what she said wasn't true in a court of law.

So as well as taking on board the points you have made I hope you can take on board mine and hopefully we won't be having a conversation on this subject for a very long while.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:37 - Aug 25 with 2783 viewsRyorry

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:24 - Aug 25 by lowhouseblue

tell me about your biomass boiler. i'm about (hopefully) to install a new heating system from scratch and i want to go down the biomass route. i'm looking at manual fed wood pellet with a heat store. any views - good / bad about biomass. practicality / cost / heat at the right times / place etc? i haven't yet got someone to design the system - including calculating the size of boiler (i know roughly). probably combine it with solar thermal for summer hot water in the long run. any views welcome.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 11:27]

If you're getting one

1. I'd check reviews to see if British made ones have improved. 5 years ago when I got mine, German or Austrian (I have the latter, Windhager) were the only decent quality & reliable ones. If you decide on one of those, check with the manufacturer as to where your nearest qualified service engineer is based, as travelling time is included in any repairs/servicing for mine at the normal hourly rate, which is £90 & he's based 1.5 hours away, 3-hour round-trip!! (#ThingsTheInstallersDontTellYou ...)

2. I'd never go for a manual feed, esp if your boiler is in an outhouse. Hard work & inconvenient in winter, plus awkward if you go away for a lengthy spell and obv need frost-free setting. The auto fed one I have is good - you may get a blockage in the suction piping, but it's rare (had 1 in 5 years).

3. Heat store is good (you mean buffer tank?). Also best option is to combine with solar I think (I don't have this, wish I had).

4. You may have missed the boat with the Ofgem RHI, and must say that mine was only financially viable (capital outlay was £60K!) because I have the tenanted annexe, they're registered as two separate dwellings, and therefore qualify for the higher rate payments. Even so, payback will be 20 years, which is exactly the length of time the RHI payments will last for. Installer had told me 5-6 years payback time! Sadly, he didn't factor in fuel delivery costs, maintenance (annual service is £300 minimum), rising woodpellet prices and any drop in oil prices.

5. Can't speak for other systems, but even the auto-fed one that I have needs an owner who's prepared to be hands on. The ashcan needs emptying periodically (I try to do at least monthly in summer, twice monthly in winter so it doesn't get too heavy); and all the internals need cleaning every few hundred hours of use - ie about every 3 months in summer, 6 weeks in winter. Basically, cleaning means sweeping/vacuuming out all the accumulated soot and ash from the burning chamber, auger etc. You can't just sit back and forget it like standard boilers.

6. Pellet hoppers can be a pain - mine's a 5-tonner, and fuel can stick to the sides, giving a false reading of empty/full level. They need the dust vaccing out every couple of seaons at least, difficult to get the timing right for that as it's usually done by the pellet supplier coming with 2 wagons and you don't want to waste any fuel, so end of summer, but you have to book ahead ..! and the access hatch is a pain to remove.

7. Make sure you're accessible for large delivery vehicles, esp if going down the bulk-blown pellets route!

8. The whole system is digitally run, so if there's a problem with the chip ..! (I've never had one tho). You get small read-out and control screens inside the house.

Basically, I wouldn't want to swap back to conventional system, feel I'm doing my bit using sustainable system, (all pellets must be certified EN A1+ for the RHI), I like the thing and the smell of the burning is pleasant, but they do have their drawbacks as above, incl v. large capital outlay. Scammers apart, the whole NI furore completely disregarded that genuine users had had to fork out large sums up front, and that RHI payments simply reflected that, otherwise people wouldn't have joined up

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:18 - Aug 25 with 2756 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:47 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

Bit different IMO.

If Dolly is homophobic here then so is half of the forum including me. Most of us have made daft comments about Benters and Taximan. Or Newcy at sea. Or the classic 'what was his name' response to someone who had a date.

You and Rommy
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 2740 viewslowhouseblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 12:37 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

If you're getting one

1. I'd check reviews to see if British made ones have improved. 5 years ago when I got mine, German or Austrian (I have the latter, Windhager) were the only decent quality & reliable ones. If you decide on one of those, check with the manufacturer as to where your nearest qualified service engineer is based, as travelling time is included in any repairs/servicing for mine at the normal hourly rate, which is £90 & he's based 1.5 hours away, 3-hour round-trip!! (#ThingsTheInstallersDontTellYou ...)

2. I'd never go for a manual feed, esp if your boiler is in an outhouse. Hard work & inconvenient in winter, plus awkward if you go away for a lengthy spell and obv need frost-free setting. The auto fed one I have is good - you may get a blockage in the suction piping, but it's rare (had 1 in 5 years).

3. Heat store is good (you mean buffer tank?). Also best option is to combine with solar I think (I don't have this, wish I had).

4. You may have missed the boat with the Ofgem RHI, and must say that mine was only financially viable (capital outlay was £60K!) because I have the tenanted annexe, they're registered as two separate dwellings, and therefore qualify for the higher rate payments. Even so, payback will be 20 years, which is exactly the length of time the RHI payments will last for. Installer had told me 5-6 years payback time! Sadly, he didn't factor in fuel delivery costs, maintenance (annual service is £300 minimum), rising woodpellet prices and any drop in oil prices.

5. Can't speak for other systems, but even the auto-fed one that I have needs an owner who's prepared to be hands on. The ashcan needs emptying periodically (I try to do at least monthly in summer, twice monthly in winter so it doesn't get too heavy); and all the internals need cleaning every few hundred hours of use - ie about every 3 months in summer, 6 weeks in winter. Basically, cleaning means sweeping/vacuuming out all the accumulated soot and ash from the burning chamber, auger etc. You can't just sit back and forget it like standard boilers.

6. Pellet hoppers can be a pain - mine's a 5-tonner, and fuel can stick to the sides, giving a false reading of empty/full level. They need the dust vaccing out every couple of seaons at least, difficult to get the timing right for that as it's usually done by the pellet supplier coming with 2 wagons and you don't want to waste any fuel, so end of summer, but you have to book ahead ..! and the access hatch is a pain to remove.

7. Make sure you're accessible for large delivery vehicles, esp if going down the bulk-blown pellets route!

8. The whole system is digitally run, so if there's a problem with the chip ..! (I've never had one tho). You get small read-out and control screens inside the house.

Basically, I wouldn't want to swap back to conventional system, feel I'm doing my bit using sustainable system, (all pellets must be certified EN A1+ for the RHI), I like the thing and the smell of the burning is pleasant, but they do have their drawbacks as above, incl v. large capital outlay. Scammers apart, the whole NI furore completely disregarded that genuine users had had to fork out large sums up front, and that RHI payments simply reflected that, otherwise people wouldn't have joined up

that's really helpful - thank you. lots to think about. i'm looking at one that sits in the kitchen - hence the manual feed which is then more practical. to have a hopper and auger system would involve major building work. it's an italian make which has seems to have good reviews. i've found an installer within 45 minutes. i need to think about the frost setting - the immersion in the heat store may be sufficient. the cleaning and maintenance sounds comparable to a wood fire rayburn - which would be an alternative, but doesn't seem to be so controllable / timetable or such a direct alternative to gas central heating. i think it will still qualify for rhi - it makes quite a difference. we'll have no mains gas, so it's either solid fuel or oil or LPG (not keen on oil or LPG) - and in terms of solid fuel wood pellet seems the most practical.

thanks again.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:46 - Aug 25 with 2720 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:47 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

Bit different IMO.

Desperate isn't it!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:50 - Aug 25 with 2715 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:18 - Aug 25 by Benters2

You and Rommy

I know your pain now of losing Bloo and Taximan

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 14:35 - Aug 25 with 2681 viewsRyorry

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 13:34 - Aug 25 by lowhouseblue

that's really helpful - thank you. lots to think about. i'm looking at one that sits in the kitchen - hence the manual feed which is then more practical. to have a hopper and auger system would involve major building work. it's an italian make which has seems to have good reviews. i've found an installer within 45 minutes. i need to think about the frost setting - the immersion in the heat store may be sufficient. the cleaning and maintenance sounds comparable to a wood fire rayburn - which would be an alternative, but doesn't seem to be so controllable / timetable or such a direct alternative to gas central heating. i think it will still qualify for rhi - it makes quite a difference. we'll have no mains gas, so it's either solid fuel or oil or LPG (not keen on oil or LPG) - and in terms of solid fuel wood pellet seems the most practical.

thanks again.

No problem. It definitely makes more sense if you don't have mains gas available as an option (we don't here either) and can get the RHI payments, plus a smaller inside unit would obviously be more manageable. But I'd check to see if there's another installer/engineer within reasonable distance who's used to whatever system you choose, as obviously firms may stop trading for a variety of reasons.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:00 - Aug 25 with 2651 viewsNewcyBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:38 - Aug 25 by lowhouseblue

really? do you also laugh at farts?

Some farts are definitely funny.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 20:58 - Sep 17 with 2445 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:37 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

If someone's views are described as ignorant and ill informed then it'll be because their views are ignorant and ill informed. Glad I could clear that one up for you.

you really are arrogant and pompous. 'ignorant and ill informed' for simply having a view different to yours, you really are a piece of work.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 21:00 - Sep 17 with 2438 viewsDanTheMan

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 20:58 - Sep 17 by Jonnosdreadlocks

you really are arrogant and pompous. 'ignorant and ill informed' for simply having a view different to yours, you really are a piece of work.

This thread is nearly a month old, why on earth would it drag it back up?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 21:01 - Sep 17 with 2439 viewsSwansea_Blue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 21:00 - Sep 17 by DanTheMan

Slow reader?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 21:49 - Sep 17 with 2389 viewsHerbivore

If a view is based on ignorance and is ill informed then calling it out as such is perfectly responsible. If you agree with such views, take a look at yourself instead of getting all triggered when someone disagrees with you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:42 - Sep 17 with 2347 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 21:00 - Sep 17 by DanTheMan

He's been busy with his people on the alt-right forums probably.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:53 - Sep 19 with 2260 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:42 - Sep 17 by SpruceMoose

He's been busy with his people on the alt-right forums probably.

you really write some bs. You're the authoritarian pal. Smearing anyone who doesn't share your political views, 'far right, wing, Nazi etc blah blah'. A real bullyboy of the board, keyboard warrior who thinks 'he's calling out' people because they don't share his politics. Its called a democracy but then as you are a remoaner that concept probably doesn't sit with your agenda. I'm putting you back on ignore cos you don't debate you just shut conversations down with jibes like you wrote above.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:57 - Sep 19 with 2254 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:53 - Sep 19 by Jonnosdreadlocks

you really write some bs. You're the authoritarian pal. Smearing anyone who doesn't share your political views, 'far right, wing, Nazi etc blah blah'. A real bullyboy of the board, keyboard warrior who thinks 'he's calling out' people because they don't share his politics. Its called a democracy but then as you are a remoaner that concept probably doesn't sit with your agenda. I'm putting you back on ignore cos you don't debate you just shut conversations down with jibes like you wrote above.

God bless America
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 15:58 - Sep 19 with 2251 viewsSpruceMoose

Blub.

Make the most of the ignore function, snowflake!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 16:40 - Sep 19 with 2234 viewsHerbivore

Lolz. I think this gammon's done, lads.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 16:42 - Sep 19 with 2233 viewsm14_blue

But some views are ignorant and ill informed though? Not all opinions are of equal value.

If I was to say that Norwich are the most successful football club in England and have the smartest kit in Europe then that opinion doesn't carry equal weight to someone who says they're a bunch of inbred c0ckwombles with a trophy cabinet more empty than PR on a Tuesday night.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 19:42 - Sep 19 with 2192 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 16:40 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

Lolz. I think this gammon's done, lads.

Gammon? enlighten me Mr Vegan I'm not familiar with your hip and cool student talk. Meat is Murder isn't it ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024