Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51452 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 02:58 - Aug 25 with 3127 viewsSpruceMoose

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 02:01 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

Yet you're the one who said this (p.10 in reply to GB) -

"How have my views and debating style in this thread been any different to their's?*
You don't like me debating with you because I robustly challenge you."

(*ie Herbivore & J2).

You weaken your own argument with such silly comments as the two above on this page. And please don't tell me "it was only bantz"
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 2:03]

I'm with you Ryorry. If there are any salient points in this thread, they get lost in the ego stroking, the point scoring and the willy waving.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 03:55 - Aug 25 with 3115 viewsBenters2

"How have my views and debating style in this thread been any different to their's?*

(*ie Herbivore & J2).

You weaken your own argument with such silly comments as the two above on this page. And please don't tell me "it was only bantz"

You tell him Grandma
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:54 - Aug 25 with 3046 viewsBrixtonBlue

(*ie Herbivore & J2).

This (admittedly silly) comment was a long time after the debate on my posting style. I had posted no differently to J2 and Herbi at the time. We're now in the last dying embers of the thread.

But the point remains, Lowhouse just up arrows Glassers and down arrows me regardless of the content. It's just silly... which is why it drew a silly comment from me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:59 - Aug 25 with 3042 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 22:08 - Aug 24 by lowhouseblue

jeez, you're a pathetic man child. you're in your 40s and you post stuff like that.

Logs out to see what he posted. Hmmmm, casual homophobia. Logs back in again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:21 - Aug 25 with 3030 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 02:58 - Aug 25 by SpruceMoose

I'm with you Ryorry. If there are any salient points in this thread, they get lost in the ego stroking, the point scoring and the willy waving.

You're only saying that because mine is bigger than yours.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:37 - Aug 25 with 3007 viewsJ2BLUE

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:59 - Aug 25 by GlasgowBlue

Logs out to see what he posted. Hmmmm, casual homophobia. Logs back in again.

It’s one of those that is technically homophobic but is really just a bit silly as he admits. We know he’s not homophobic based on years of posting history.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:42 - Aug 25 with 2992 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 20:16 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

You really don't do yourself any favours sometimes, this is just pure pomposity.

And I do find it odd that you and others think he should have heeded Chakrabarti's guideline on references to Zionism..........some three years before she produced her report. Not only is Corbyn a racist, he can't even see into the future!

You’re right. Reading that back it does come across as self indulgent pomposity. Still, there is a point struggling to make itself heard amongst the pomposity.

But I’ll stick to my word. Unless there are new revelations that need highlighting I’ll keep schtum on this for a while. It’s better to let people like Monbiot and David Lammy make the same points. Eventually they’ll be no one left defending him.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:44 - Aug 25 with 2990 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:37 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

It’s one of those that is technically homophobic but is really just a bit silly as he admits. We know he’s not homophobic based on years of posting history.

Hmmmm. Same comments made towards Brighton fans. What was the verdic?

It’s a bit like saying somebody said something racist but they aren’t racist. Either way it’s unacceotable and shows him up for thinking that homophobia is a subject for using to insult somebody.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:48 - Aug 25 with 2990 viewsHerbivore

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:42 - Aug 25 by GlasgowBlue

You’re right. Reading that back it does come across as self indulgent pomposity. Still, there is a point struggling to make itself heard amongst the pomposity.

But I’ll stick to my word. Unless there are new revelations that need highlighting I’ll keep schtum on this for a while. It’s better to let people like Monbiot and David Lammy make the same points. Eventually they’ll be no one left defending him.

But it is also possible to acknowledge the issue of anti-semitism in the Labour party and that Corbyn has done a poor job of tackling it and still disagree that this latest comment is clear evidence that he is an anti-semite. It is the tarring of people with the brush of 'apologist' for not agreeing with you that is problematic. It takes a fair few interpretive leaps to get to anti-semitism from what Corbyn said in context and not everyone will make those leaps. Bringing in Chakrabarti is also problematic, her guidance on the use of language about Zionism came about 3 years after these comments were made. Would it be fair for me to say Ellis Harrison is crap because he didn't score for us against Norwich in the play offs? It's stuff like this that gives it the air of a witch hunt and weakens the more legitimate points that are being made.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 9:56]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:50 - Aug 25 with 2986 viewswkj

It is Saturday and fairly sunny- The specifics of this argument has to be the worst investment of time imaginable.

"But WKJ, Why are you here commenting on this post" you ask?

My tumble dryer didn't kick in on the timer last night, so I am sitting around in my pants waiting for my clothes to dry.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:55 - Aug 25 with 2962 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:50 - Aug 25 by wkj

It is Saturday and fairly sunny- The specifics of this argument has to be the worst investment of time imaginable.

My tumble dryer didn't kick in on the timer last night, so I am sitting around in my pants waiting for my clothes to dry.

Tumble dryers suck all of the goodness out of fabric.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:55 - Aug 25 with 2958 viewsBrixtonBlue

Of course we do. Glassers is just being pathetic. He'll use any way he can to discredit me but homophobia is a new one I must admit.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:57 - Aug 25 with 2961 viewswkj

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:55 - Aug 25 by GlasgowBlue

Tumble dryers suck all of the goodness out of fabric.

Tumble dryers are kak, but sometimes in a task orientated lifestyle things go teets up and I need to do an emergency load.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 09:59 - Aug 25 with 2946 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm sat on a Megabus heading up to Sheffield and my mate is asleep. I do have a book though, which is infinitely more interesting than this thread.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:11 - Aug 25 with 2933 viewslowhouseblue

infantile rather than homophobic.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:22 - Aug 25 with 2915 viewsGlasgowBlue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:11 - Aug 25 by lowhouseblue

infantile rather than homophobic.

It's the sort of comment that, having slept on it, the perpetrator may have posted that he understands using sexuality as an insult is completely inappropriate and in hindsight he realises that he shouldn't have posted it.

Iron Lion Zion

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:26 - Aug 25 with 2909 viewsitfcjoe

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:22 - Aug 25 by GlasgowBlue

It's the sort of comment that, having slept on it, the perpetrator may have posted that he understands using sexuality as an insult is completely inappropriate and in hindsight he realises that he shouldn't have posted it.

If it was Ryorry doing the same I imagine he'd have called her your girlfriend - clearly just meant to insult the relationship between you and Lowie with regards to arrows as opposed to using it as a homophobic slur.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:32 - Aug 25 with 2894 viewsRyorry

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:26 - Aug 25 by itfcjoe

If it was Ryorry doing the same I imagine he'd have called her your girlfriend - clearly just meant to insult the relationship between you and Lowie with regards to arrows as opposed to using it as a homophobic slur.

Must say that's the way I read it too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:40 - Aug 25 with 2872 viewsRyorry

I was sat on here half of Thursday as I had chimney sweep here doing all the chimneys incl biomass boiler, and needed to be around - then 9.30pm last night the hard-wired smoke alarm in kitchen started beeping so loud sleep would have been impossible... Have never had that kind before, managed to replace back-up battery 2 hrs later after phoning a friend, fetching step-ladder from veggie plot, googling, watching you-tubes - eventually had to knock up tenant who luckily was still up, to employ brute force!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:24 - Aug 25 with 2828 viewslowhouseblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:40 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

I was sat on here half of Thursday as I had chimney sweep here doing all the chimneys incl biomass boiler, and needed to be around - then 9.30pm last night the hard-wired smoke alarm in kitchen started beeping so loud sleep would have been impossible... Have never had that kind before, managed to replace back-up battery 2 hrs later after phoning a friend, fetching step-ladder from veggie plot, googling, watching you-tubes - eventually had to knock up tenant who luckily was still up, to employ brute force!

tell me about your biomass boiler. i'm about (hopefully) to install a new heating system from scratch and i want to go down the biomass route. i'm looking at manual fed wood pellet with a heat store. any views - good / bad about biomass. practicality / cost / heat at the right times / place etc? i haven't yet got someone to design the system - including calculating the size of boiler (i know roughly). probably combine it with solar thermal for summer hot water in the long run. any views welcome.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 11:27]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:36 - Aug 25 with 2788 viewseireblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:22 - Aug 25 by GlasgowBlue

It didn't offend me...I could see the humour in it.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:37 - Aug 25 with 2787 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 10:40 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

"- eventually had to knock up tenant who luckily was still up, to employ brute force."
.....where's Frankie Howard when you need him!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:38 - Aug 25 with 2785 viewslowhouseblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:36 - Aug 25 by eireblue

It didn't offend me...I could see the humour in it.

really? do you also laugh at farts?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:41 - Aug 25 with 2779 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:24 - Aug 25 by lowhouseblue

tell me about your biomass boiler. i'm about (hopefully) to install a new heating system from scratch and i want to go down the biomass route. i'm looking at manual fed wood pellet with a heat store. any views - good / bad about biomass. practicality / cost / heat at the right times / place etc? i haven't yet got someone to design the system - including calculating the size of boiler (i know roughly). probably combine it with solar thermal for summer hot water in the long run. any views welcome.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 11:27]

I would suggest a new thread if you want anybody to read it!
The none pellet chip can be problematic regarding finding consistent quality.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:44 - Aug 25 with 2758 viewseireblue

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 11:38 - Aug 25 by lowhouseblue

really? do you also laugh at farts?

Maybe I should have been clearer, that comment was part paraphrase part quote.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 11:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024