Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
80% of UK growth from Immigration 06:51 - Aug 23 with 51451 viewsBenters2

Four Fifths of the UK's population growth over the past fifteen years was due to Immigration.

How is it ever going to work?

How can we ever keep up building houses?

Is the NHS struggling?

Does being worried about this make me a Racist?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:10 - Aug 23 with 11024 viewsBenters2

So thats a yes from my favourite stalker Blueallover.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:10 - Aug 23 with 11023 viewsCoastalblue

Who do you think will build the houses and staff the NHS?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:14 - Aug 23 with 11009 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:10 - Aug 23 by Coastalblue

Who do you think will build the houses and staff the NHS?

Dont worry its set to grow again by a further 280'000 this year.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:19 - Aug 23 with 11003 viewsdickie

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:14 - Aug 23 by Benters2

Dont worry its set to grow again by a further 280'000 this year.

And yet the NHS is already seeing staff leave and a massive decrease in EU applicants. Coupled with the government now making nurses pay for their training (this further massively reducing nursing numbers) I can only see bleak times ahead
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:25 - Aug 23 with 10991 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:19 - Aug 23 by dickie

And yet the NHS is already seeing staff leave and a massive decrease in EU applicants. Coupled with the government now making nurses pay for their training (this further massively reducing nursing numbers) I can only see bleak times ahead

When i was a Child,my mum had four children,she brought us all up and worked picking apples and other fruit on the fruit farms.

Why is it mainly foreign people doing that now?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:26 - Aug 23 with 10982 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:19 - Aug 23 by dickie

It's almost like they are trying to run it down so that it can be 'rescued' by privatisation!
Know your enemy Benters!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:26 - Aug 23 with 10987 viewsdylanisabaddog

Actually it's 55%

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/the-impact-of-migratio
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:38 - Aug 23 with 10952 viewsdickie

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:25 - Aug 23 by Benters2

When i was a Child,my mum had four children,she brought us all up and worked picking apples and other fruit on the fruit farms.

Because the cost of living far exceeds any wage from such a job - hence you find 10 Eastern Europeans living in a two up/two down. They're being exploited.
Login to get fewer ads

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:39 - Aug 23 with 10945 viewsBlueAllOver

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:10 - Aug 23 by Benters2

So thats a yes from my favourite stalker Blueallover.

No, your normal racist views make you a racist, rather this typical trolling post with no reference.

Not that you will see this reply, as you couldn't take debate.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:42 - Aug 23 with 10927 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:39 - Aug 23 by BlueAllOver

No, your normal racist views make you a racist, rather this typical trolling post with no reference.

Not that you will see this reply, as you couldn't take debate.

My normal views please go on?

You dont know me at all if thats what you think.

Let me guess you a Corbyn fan?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:46 - Aug 23 with 10918 viewsBlueAllOver

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:42 - Aug 23 by Benters2

My normal views please go on?

You dont know me at all if thats what you think.

Let me guess you a Corbyn fan?

Oh blimey taken me off ignore, logged into one of your other accounts and seen I called you out?

Where are you getting the figures from for your trolling opening post?

You expect me to troll through your myriad of rubbish to pick out examples of far-right rhetoric? No, you are ok thanks.

Corbyn fan, not particularly.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:55 - Aug 23 with 10889 viewsBenters2

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:46 - Aug 23 by BlueAllOver

Oh blimey taken me off ignore, logged into one of your other accounts and seen I called you out?

Where are you getting the figures from for your trolling opening post?

You expect me to troll through your myriad of rubbish to pick out examples of far-right rhetoric? No, you are ok thanks.

Corbyn fan, not particularly.

Great answer.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:04 - Aug 23 with 10854 viewsnoggin

Someone has to pay taxes to cover your pension. Don't worry though, the EU migrants will soon stop coming.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:06 - Aug 23 with 10840 viewsnoggin

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 07:25 - Aug 23 by Benters2

Why do you think? Serious question.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:07 - Aug 23 with 10840 viewsconnorscontract

Are you sure you want to do this today?

You've been shown a lot of love from people on all sides of debates on here- do you really want to cast yourself into you against the world?

To give a few answers:

1. One of the most significant flows of migrants in recent years has been those coming from war torn Middle Eastern countries as refugees. When we went over there, bombing their houses, schools and markets, and created a political vaccuum by pursuing a policy of regime change in Iraq and Afghanistan which allowed ISIS/Daesh to flourish, do we not need to share the burden of housing the refugees? (Legally, yes, as we signed up to UN conventions saying we do, or shall we just become a country which breaks it's legal commitments?)

2. On a related note: Afghani interpreters who worked alongside British troops. Would you let them in?

3. Gurkhas from Nepal, who served the Queen in the British Army. Thousands of them were let in in recent years. Do you agree with that?

4. Filipinos, for example, have been recruited in large numbers to fill gaps in the NHS. Without them we would be in an even bigger NHS crisis. Should we "send them home"?

5. The Baby Boom post-WW2 means that we have an ageing population. Other demographic trends such as low birth rates, people having babies later, and people living longer amplify this. Without immigration, who would work to provide the National Insurance contributions to pay for the NHS and Social Care for our parents' generation? And where would we find those fit and able enough to work in the NHS and in Social Care?

One solution to this "demographic timebomb" has seen the pension age go up from 60 for women and 65 for men to 67. Without working age immigrants that would need to go even higher to rebalance the NI contributions deficit. If the price of lower immigration was you not being able to retire until you were 75, would you be prepared to pay it?

6. The Polish children in the primary school where I used to be a Governor work hard, and their parents support the Head and Staff, and encourage their children to make the most of the opportunity. Their results have helped the School move up to "Good" in the Ofsted ratings. They are going to be an asset to this country and have been brought up integrating well into our society. Are you going to tell them that they have to "go home", or do you want me to do that?
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:10 - Aug 23 with 10823 viewsWeekender

Being worried doesn't make you a racist but linking problems with housing and the NHS so directly to immigration makes you appear rather uninformed.

For example, the ageing population and lifestyle choices are likely to have more of a negative impact on the NHS than immigration. As others have said the NHS relies on immigration for workforce.

Lack of housing isn't so much a demand issue created by immigration but a supply issue.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:11 - Aug 23 with 10813 viewsnoggin

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:07 - Aug 23 by connorscontract

Are you sure you want to do this today?

You've been shown a lot of love from people on all sides of debates on here- do you really want to cast yourself into you against the world?

To give a few answers:

1. One of the most significant flows of migrants in recent years has been those coming from war torn Middle Eastern countries as refugees. When we went over there, bombing their houses, schools and markets, and created a political vaccuum by pursuing a policy of regime change in Iraq and Afghanistan which allowed ISIS/Daesh to flourish, do we not need to share the burden of housing the refugees? (Legally, yes, as we signed up to UN conventions saying we do, or shall we just become a country which breaks it's legal commitments?)

2. On a related note: Afghani interpreters who worked alongside British troops. Would you let them in?

3. Gurkhas from Nepal, who served the Queen in the British Army. Thousands of them were let in in recent years. Do you agree with that?

4. Filipinos, for example, have been recruited in large numbers to fill gaps in the NHS. Without them we would be in an even bigger NHS crisis. Should we "send them home"?

5. The Baby Boom post-WW2 means that we have an ageing population. Other demographic trends such as low birth rates, people having babies later, and people living longer amplify this. Without immigration, who would work to provide the National Insurance contributions to pay for the NHS and Social Care for our parents' generation? And where would we find those fit and able enough to work in the NHS and in Social Care?

One solution to this "demographic timebomb" has seen the pension age go up from 60 for women and 65 for men to 67. Without working age immigrants that would need to go even higher to rebalance the NI contributions deficit. If the price of lower immigration was you not being able to retire until you were 75, would you be prepared to pay it?

6. The Polish children in the primary school where I used to be a Governor work hard, and their parents support the Head and Staff, and encourage their children to make the most of the opportunity. Their results have helped the School move up to "Good" in the Ofsted ratings. They are going to be an asset to this country and have been brought up integrating well into our society. Are you going to tell them that they have to "go home", or do you want me to do that?

Yeah but muslims?

Excellent post by the way.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:20 - Aug 23 with 10780 viewsconnorscontract

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:10 - Aug 23 by Weekender

Being worried doesn't make you a racist but linking problems with housing and the NHS so directly to immigration makes you appear rather uninformed.

For example, the ageing population and lifestyle choices are likely to have more of a negative impact on the NHS than immigration. As others have said the NHS relies on immigration for workforce.

Lack of housing isn't so much a demand issue created by immigration but a supply issue.

And, to add to Weekender's point, lack of housing is directly linked to Thatcher's policy of forcing Councils to sell Council houses, but not allowing them to then use that money to build new Council houses. Which has led to a shortage of "starter" and lower cost housing, in particular, as these types of houses are less profitable for developers.

This policy is a direct factor in the cost of housing crisis facing young people, which is one of the biggest factors likely to cause social instability in the next couple of decades, but which can be made to look like it is the fault of immigration with the claim that it is"them" "taking all the houses" being made by populist political opportunists.

Free Councils to spend house sale receipts on building new houses which meet local needs and you will see a reduction in house price inflation, and a reduction in inter-racial tension.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:20 - Aug 23 with 10779 viewsartsbossbeard

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:04 - Aug 23 by noggin

Someone has to pay taxes to cover your pension. Don't worry though, the EU migrants will soon stop coming.

You know you can't use the phrase "pay taxes" in a Benters thread.

*Abuse Reported*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:21 - Aug 23 with 10776 viewsitfcjoe

It's short sighted from the Government - rather than try and make structural changes to the country to try and cope with aging population they just get more and more immigrants in to cover the short fall - it's basically a big Ponzi scheme.

But we are now in a position where we need immigration to pay the bills, but yet even though they are net contributors (as a whole they pay more tax than they take) services like schools, hospitals, and the like are struggling because there isn't enough investment in them.

Immigrants absolutely prop up our country, but get the blame for things because they are an easy target.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:29 - Aug 23 with 10744 viewsWeekender

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:21 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

It's short sighted from the Government - rather than try and make structural changes to the country to try and cope with aging population they just get more and more immigrants in to cover the short fall - it's basically a big Ponzi scheme.

But we are now in a position where we need immigration to pay the bills, but yet even though they are net contributors (as a whole they pay more tax than they take) services like schools, hospitals, and the like are struggling because there isn't enough investment in them.

Immigrants absolutely prop up our country, but get the blame for things because they are an easy target.

But what would those structural changes be? Encourage the indigenous population to have more children?

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:33 - Aug 23 with 10724 viewsnoggin

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:29 - Aug 23 by Weekender

But what would those structural changes be? Encourage the indigenous population to have more children?

Or stop encouraging people to live so long. Stop vaccinating and bring back smoking.

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:34 - Aug 23 with 10713 viewsconnorscontract

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:21 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

Governments have tried structural changes. Raising the pension age is one. How high donwe want it to go?

Another significant one was the introduction of Child Tax Credit by Gordon Brown under Blair. This made a significant contribution in encouraging people (let's be honest, women) to have children, and work part-time to enable both family/work balance and career continuation.

The Coalition made drastic cuts to Tax Credits as part of the Austerity policies, and the Conservative May Government has followed through with Cameron and Osborne's replacement of Tax Credits with Universal Credit. So Tory policy has been to undermine structural approaches to the demographic crisis in this area, as in housing.
80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:34 - Aug 23 with 10710 viewsitfcjoe

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:29 - Aug 23 by Weekender

I don't have the answers, but merely suggesting that needing 300k immigrants a year coming in as net contributors and still running a huge national debt and having poor services isn't a particularly sustainable position.

What on earth happens if a Hard Brexit comes in and we don't get that immigration is a huge concern.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:34 - Aug 23 with 10707 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

80% of UK growth from Immigration on 08:20 - Aug 23 by connorscontract

And, to add to Weekender's point, lack of housing is directly linked to Thatcher's policy of forcing Councils to sell Council houses, but not allowing them to then use that money to build new Council houses. Which has led to a shortage of "starter" and lower cost housing, in particular, as these types of houses are less profitable for developers.

This policy is a direct factor in the cost of housing crisis facing young people, which is one of the biggest factors likely to cause social instability in the next couple of decades, but which can be made to look like it is the fault of immigration with the claim that it is"them" "taking all the houses" being made by populist political opportunists.

Free Councils to spend house sale receipts on building new houses which meet local needs and you will see a reduction in house price inflation, and a reduction in inter-racial tension.

This, this and this......however reducing house prices would make our 'Emperor has no clothes ' economy collapse!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024