Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) 13:33 - Aug 21 with 1312 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 14:27 - Aug 21 with 1281 viewsDiceMan

Yes. It was my first time, and I loved it.
Lovely Eggs, Baxter Dury, King Tuff, Wedding Present, Brian Jonestown Massacre, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Joan as a Policewoman and Black Angels were my highlights music wise.
A beautiful setting and great atmosphere. Really good vibes

Poll: Best Sheffield Band?

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 14:45 - Aug 21 with 1263 viewsMaySixth

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 14:27 - Aug 21 by DiceMan

Yes. It was my first time, and I loved it.
Lovely Eggs, Baxter Dury, King Tuff, Wedding Present, Brian Jonestown Massacre, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Joan as a Policewoman and Black Angels were my highlights music wise.
A beautiful setting and great atmosphere. Really good vibes

It was superb.
Also my first time.
Met an ITFC fan who wore his shirt all day Saturday.
I really liked Kevin Morby, Beak, The KVB, Brian Jonestown Massacre and Jeff Gheddi.
Loads of other highlights as well

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 17:19 - Aug 21 with 1210 viewsDiceMan

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 14:45 - Aug 21 by MaySixth

It was superb.
Also my first time.
Met an ITFC fan who wore his shirt all day Saturday.
I really liked Kevin Morby, Beak, The KVB, Brian Jonestown Massacre and Jeff Gheddi.
Loads of other highlights as well

I'd definitely go back
I was planning on checking out KVB and Beak, but you can't do it all
Took the day off to recover, and wish I'd booked tomorrow off too!

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 21 with 1204 viewsDubtractor

Yes I did. Been loads of times and it is always great. Here is my brief review from another forum.

Green Man was quality once again, and it was dry! My girlfriend even got a bit of sun burn! We did have our challenges though......

Brief review as follows.....

On arrival, and before even getting our wrist bands, my girlfriend ruined her ankle on a pothole. Had lengthy treatment and we soldiered on until Friday morning when it was clear that it needed looking at properly so off we went to the local A&E. She'd fortunately not broken it but the ligaments had been given a good battering - sorted out a walking boot thing though which meant that we could try and enjoy the festival rather than have to pack up an go home!

This meant that we missed most of Friday, including a few must see acts (Omni and Wye Oak especially).

Brief musical review of the really good stuff.

Teleman - they just get better and better and absolutely knocked it out of the park.
Jane Weaver - a favourite of ours and was on tip top form. Anyone who hasn't seen her live should really remedy that soon.
Black Angels - wasn't sure how these would go down at GM, very well was the answer. Probably the best sounding set of the weekend, plus their drummer looked like Steven Adler in around 1988.
King Gizzard ATLW - headlining the main stage was prob a higher billing than they warrant currently, but boy did they sieze the opportunity. RATTLESNAKE!
The War on Drugs - Just perfection and a fantastic way to finish off the festival. Under the Pressure is one the very best live tracks out there.
Bo Ningen - FECK YES.
Seamus Fogarty - Irish folk but with a modern take and a guest monologue from Ed Dowie talking about bourbon biscuits.
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - They have got so much tighter over the last 12 months and had the Far Out tent in the palm of the hands.

Loads of other stuff that was good too, but this isn't intended to be an exhaustive review!

The disappointing stuff
Fleet Foxes - saw them in 2011 at GM and they were utterly magnificent. Here we bailed after 30 minutes of a nearly 2 hour set, bored to tears. Sluggish, dreary, all sorts of meh.
Teenage Fanclub - maybe we just don't like them, but it was so, so pedestrian. Just nothing to grab hold of at all.
Snail Mail - I love her album and EP, but live it was, to be frank, rubbish. All seemed slower than on the albums, her voice weak, and all lacking any sparkle.
Spinning Coin - Much like the album, there are 2 or three great tracks and a whole host of filler. A pretty lifeless live performance too.

Everything else was Green Man at its best, a lovely site and a brilliant crowd. Only gripe was that food prices seemed a couple of quid up across the board.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 17:32 - Aug 21 with 1193 viewsfooters

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 21 by Dubtractor

Yes I did. Been loads of times and it is always great. Here is my brief review from another forum.

Green Man was quality once again, and it was dry! My girlfriend even got a bit of sun burn! We did have our challenges though......

On arrival, and before even getting our wrist bands, my girlfriend ruined her ankle on a pothole. Had lengthy treatment and we soldiered on until Friday morning when it was clear that it needed looking at properly so off we went to the local A&E. She'd fortunately not broken it but the ligaments had been given a good battering - sorted out a walking boot thing though which meant that we could try and enjoy the festival rather than have to pack up an go home!

This meant that we missed most of Friday, including a few must see acts (Omni and Wye Oak especially).

Teleman - they just get better and better and absolutely knocked it out of the park.
Jane Weaver - a favourite of ours and was on tip top form. Anyone who hasn't seen her live should really remedy that soon.
Black Angels - wasn't sure how these would go down at GM, very well was the answer. Probably the best sounding set of the weekend, plus their drummer looked like Steven Adler in around 1988.
King Gizzard ATLW - headlining the main stage was prob a higher billing than they warrant currently, but boy did they sieze the opportunity. RATTLESNAKE!
The War on Drugs - Just perfection and a fantastic way to finish off the festival. Under the Pressure is one the very best live tracks out there.
Bo Ningen - FECK YES.
Seamus Fogarty - Irish folk but with a modern take and a guest monologue from Ed Dowie talking about bourbon biscuits.
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - They have got so much tighter over the last 12 months and had the Far Out tent in the palm of the hands.

Loads of other stuff that was good too, but this isn't intended to be an exhaustive review!

The disappointing stuff
Fleet Foxes - saw them in 2011 at GM and they were utterly magnificent. Here we bailed after 30 minutes of a nearly 2 hour set, bored to tears. Sluggish, dreary, all sorts of meh.
Teenage Fanclub - maybe we just don't like them, but it was so, so pedestrian. Just nothing to grab hold of at all.
Snail Mail - I love her album and EP, but live it was, to be frank, rubbish. All seemed slower than on the albums, her voice weak, and all lacking any sparkle.
Spinning Coin - Much like the album, there are 2 or three great tracks and a whole host of filler. A pretty lifeless live performance too.

Everything else was Green Man at its best, a lovely site and a brilliant crowd. Only gripe was that food prices seemed a couple of quid up across the board.

Bo Ningen are fecking quality. Know a few of the band thanks to my hipster mate, and seeing them play with Damo Suzuki was one of my musical highlights last year.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 17:48 - Aug 21 with 1172 viewsDiceMan

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 21 by Dubtractor

Bo Ningen - FECK YES.

The disappointing stuff

Jane Weaver was superb - first time I've seen her
Teleman - seen them a couple of times, and thought they were great
I wish I'd watched all of John Grant on Saturday, rather than Teenage Fanclub

Did anyone go the Green Man Festival at the weekend? (n/t) on 19:20 - Aug 22 with 1071 viewsMaySixth

Bo Ningen - FECK YES.

The disappointing stuff

Gutted I missed Rolling Coastal Blackouts Fever - they were on my list but the kids were tired and starving so had to look after them.

That's x4 Ipswich fans then who were there, all with the same kind of music taste.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024