Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's early days, we need patience. 22:16 - Aug 14 with 1071 viewsclive_baker

Hurst is rebuilding this squad completely, and that's what the majority of fans were asking for. It's not going to happen overnight though, wait until 2019 I would say before we start worrying too much. You've only got to look at his CV to see how he goes about his business. It's a project he's taken on here. If we wanted someone to replace MM for the sake of change, and not actually change a great deal we would've got a Mclaren or a Megson.

The only thing that irks me slightly of these first impressions is that I'm not convinced the players we've signed that I know a reasonable amount about (Nsiala, Harrison, Roberts) are really any better than what we had already. I'm really up for a Town manager who's going to say here you go Dozzell, Nydam, Downes, Emmanuel, Woolfenden, Morris...here's your chance, what can you do? I still hope there's time for that, and regardless of my opinion on that matter, PH deserves the support of Town fans and so do these players so FFS pull yourselves together and back the project. It was never going to be an instant fix.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It's early days, we need patience. on 22:26 - Aug 14 with 1016 viewsportmanking

Mmm nope. I didn't sign up for the squad to be rebuilt entirely. We needed a man with fresh ideas, granted. But to sign nine unproven players in the most unforgiving league on the planet is ludicrous and looking madder by the week.

We finished 12th last season. I'll be gobsmacked if we are in the top half whatsoever this campaign.
It's early days, we need patience. on 22:29 - Aug 14 with 1001 viewspointofblue

I don't think anyone, no matter where they stood on Mick, was advocating selling Webster, Waghorn and to a lesser extent Garner and replacing them with gambles from the lower league.

Yes, bring players in, but spend sparingly and let the kids pick up the flack. I still don't get the point of Chalobah, Edun or Donacien coming in where we were covered in those positions already and even now we're short at centre back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's early days, we need patience. on 22:31 - Aug 14 with 985 viewsReuser_is_God

You seen his interview?

Absolutely savage.

Fair play Paul.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

It's early days, we need patience. on 04:15 - Aug 15 with 896 viewsBenters2

It's early days, we need patience. on 22:31 - Aug 14 by Reuser_is_God

You seen his interview?

Absolutely savage.

Fair play Paul.

Its the first time ive heard him speak he really does sound pissed off.
It's early days, we need patience. on 06:56 - Aug 15 with 859 viewsBlueAllOver

It's early days, we need patience. on 22:29 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

I don't think anyone, no matter where they stood on Mick, was advocating selling Webster, Waghorn and to a lesser extent Garner and replacing them with gambles from the lower league.

Yes, bring players in, but spend sparingly and let the kids pick up the flack. I still don't get the point of Chalobah, Edun or Donacien coming in where we were covered in those positions already and even now we're short at centre back.

Agree with what you are saying, Chalobah looks a very good prospect but he plays in a position we had lots of players to cover. So doesn't seem wise to spend on a Premiership Loan for a CDM. An attacking midfielder in the mould of Frazer, Lawrence, Celina surely makes more sense. While the value agreed to be paid on Donacien looks to be way over his worth.

It's Hurst decision to change things so quickly, so it is up to him to make it work.
It's early days, we need patience. on 07:28 - Aug 15 with 835 viewsSwansea_Blue

Be nice if Paul was given some bricks to rebuild with rather than wattle and daub. Going to be tough for him to overhaul the squad with the resources he has. If we think he can rebuild eventually we’re going to have to be patient, even if there’s some pain along the way (that might even include a relegation, but obviously I hope not as I think we’d struggle to get back under ME’s ownership).

It’s a tough one to know how to react. It’s not surprising we’ll start slowly given all the changes and selling our main quality. Sense says we have to wait to see if these new additions can be moulded into a team. Easier said than done when we’re not able to close out games for a win, even against a L2 side.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024