Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Libertines at Trinity Park 16:33 - Aug 13 with 2846 viewsJakeITFC

Cancelled.

Poor ticket sales apparently, real shame.
Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:34 - Aug 13 with 2839 viewshype313

They cancelled weeks ago, guess since then they have struggled to sell tickets.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 16:36 - Aug 13 with 2839 views_

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:38 - Aug 13 with 2823 viewsJakeITFC

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:34 - Aug 13 by hype313

They cancelled weeks ago, guess since then they have struggled to sell tickets.

Did they?
Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:39 - Aug 13 with 2820 viewshype313

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:38 - Aug 13 by JakeITFC

Did they?

Yep, from what I hear they were struggling even with them, hardly a surprise as I can't imagine there is a huge following in Ipswich...

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:40 - Aug 13 with 2812 viewsmonytowbray

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:39 - Aug 13 by hype313

Yep, from what I hear they were struggling even with them, hardly a surprise as I can't imagine there is a huge following in Ipswich...

There's not a huge following for much music wise in Ipswich sadly.

I'll stick with my sweaty crust punk shows :)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:54 - Aug 13 with 2776 viewsJakeITFC

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:39 - Aug 13 by hype313

I was planning on going (and buying a ticket this week), first I’d heard of it being cancelled was today (and I think the libertines were still billed up until then).

Think the geezer running it had grand plans for it next year and this was a trial run - guess it’s really difficult to get something like this off the ground with a small budget and not much interest in the town.
Libertines at Trinity Park on 17:13 - Aug 13 with 2714 viewsSimonds92

They headlined a festival i went to a couple of weeks ago (YNot Festival) and were absolutely dreadful!
Libertines at Trinity Park on 17:51 - Aug 13 with 2647 viewsBlueBadger

on 16:36 - Aug 13 by _

At least another 10 years before they can stage a proper revival.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

on 18:12 - Aug 13 with 2597 views_

Libertines at Trinity Park on 17:51 - Aug 13 by BlueBadger

At least another 10 years before they can stage a proper revival.

Libertines at Trinity Park on 18:20 - Aug 13 with 2566 viewsBlueBadger

on 18:12 - Aug 13 by _

'Probably not' is the answer to your question.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Doherty#Drug_abuse_and_legal_problems

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Libertines at Trinity Park on 18:45 - Aug 13 with 2513 viewsDubtractor

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:54 - Aug 13 by JakeITFC

I was planning on going (and buying a ticket this week), first I’d heard of it being cancelled was today (and I think the libertines were still billed up until then).

Think the geezer running it had grand plans for it next year and this was a trial run - guess it’s really difficult to get something like this off the ground with a small budget and not much interest in the town.

Its a shame, as two events have fallen by the wayside for the town this Summer, but to be honest both had slightly odd headliners to top it all off - especially when you consider what the musical landscape is in Ipswich and what punters are likely to go for.

Its all been said and covered before, but Ipswich has always (and I fear will always) struggled to support anything more than small scale "DIY" music scenes. Its either that or pretty pedestrian nostalgia stuff at the Regent.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 18:45]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Libertines at Trinity Park on 18:45 - Aug 13 with 2508 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Libertines at Trinity Park on 16:38 - Aug 13 by JakeITFC

Did they?

They didn't.

Poll: Best Football Song

Libertines at Trinity Park on 19:48 - Aug 13 with 2424 viewsartsbossbeard

Libertines at Trinity Park on 18:45 - Aug 13 by RoyKeanesDog

They didn't.

I know the organisers. Not cancelled last week but problems started to become an issue last week.

Council pulled out of jointly running it on chantry park so Suffolk showground only viable option but it's a logistical nightmare in and out. Big shame.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Libertines at Trinity Park on 20:10 - Aug 13 with 2386 viewsGiant_Midget

It was poorly advertised, I didn't know about it until I was handed a flyer at music in the park about 6 weeks ago. I know other people who'd definitely be interested in going who had no idea it was on.
Libertines at Trinity Park on 20:52 - Aug 13 with 2304 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Libertines at Trinity Park on 19:48 - Aug 13 by artsbossbeard

I know the organisers. Not cancelled last week but problems started to become an issue last week.

Council pulled out of jointly running it on chantry park so Suffolk showground only viable option but it's a logistical nightmare in and out. Big shame.

Same here, I was having a beer with HG and one of the supporting bands last week. He said that they hadn't sold as many tickets as expected, but was still hopeful. I guess he got worried that he was going to leave it too late to cancel.

Massive shame- especially as he had some massive acts in the line up for next year. Not sure if that is still going ahead or not.

Poll: Best Football Song

Libertines at Trinity Park on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 2032 viewsRadlett_blue

Libertines at Trinity Park on 17:13 - Aug 13 by Simonds92

They headlined a festival i went to a couple of weeks ago (YNot Festival) and were absolutely dreadful!

A friend of mine has seen them & said they were totally unprofessional, missing cues etc.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Libertines at Trinity Park on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 1974 viewshype313

Libertines at Trinity Park on 19:48 - Aug 13 by artsbossbeard

Sorry, I mean't to say the Libertines cancelled a few weeks ago, not the event. Well that's what I thought I'd read a few weeks back on the Star

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024