Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrison yesterday 11:44 - Aug 12 with 3032 viewsJakeITFC

How was he?

My big concern from the Blackburn game was that he looked too isolated for the most part, and in turn was trying to come deeper to get involved which left us with nothing upfront at times.

My hope was that the introduction of Nolan would give us a better midfield/forward line connection - did that come off?

Looking at the stats and patterns of play Harrison certainly didn’t come deeper as much, but also looks to have been pretty irrelevant for the majority of the game.
Harrison yesterday on 12:39 - Aug 12 with 2867 viewsSteve_M

Looked more involved int he first half but still a bit too isolated, failed to make the most of the one real chance he had. He faded, like the team as a whole in the second. Nolan seemed to be everywhere, very mobile, good continuity stuff but he didn't really play that close to Harrison much of the time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Harrison yesterday on 12:49 - Aug 12 with 2827 viewsMullet

Harrison yesterday on 12:39 - Aug 12 by Steve_M

Looked more involved int he first half but still a bit too isolated, failed to make the most of the one real chance he had. He faded, like the team as a whole in the second. Nolan seemed to be everywhere, very mobile, good continuity stuff but he didn't really play that close to Harrison much of the time.

He should have scored from that, or at least got a shot off.

The header in the second half to Skuse was really unfortunate. It's a shame he couldn't chest it down instead.

The more I see of him in the flesh it confirms my suspicion he needs plenty of chances, he's got a touch of Sears about him, and he likes to run across defenders and get in their faces. There really wasn't an excuse for not making more of him and Jackson yesterday unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Harrison yesterday on 13:12 - Aug 12 with 2736 viewschristiand

Harrison yesterday on 12:49 - Aug 12 by Mullet

He should have scored from that, or at least got a shot off.

The header in the second half to Skuse was really unfortunate. It's a shame he couldn't chest it down instead.

The more I see of him in the flesh it confirms my suspicion he needs plenty of chances, he's got a touch of Sears about him, and he likes to run across defenders and get in their faces. There really wasn't an excuse for not making more of him and Jackson yesterday unfortunately.

Would Harrison in fact benefit from having a big target man next to him, holding the ball up and playing him in? I know this won’t go down well, but could a Chris Martin on loan be the answer?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Harrison yesterday on 13:31 - Aug 12 with 2662 viewsWickets

Harrison yesterday on 12:39 - Aug 12 by Steve_M

Always hard for a player up front on his own , maybe as the players get to know each other and the team gels many of these players who are new to this level of football will improve.
Harrison yesterday on 13:45 - Aug 12 with 2614 viewsPinewoodblue

Harrison yesterday on 13:31 - Aug 12 by Wickets

Always hard for a player up front on his own , maybe as the players get to know each other and the team gels many of these players who are new to this level of football will improve.

Perhaps we should have switched it around and played with two up front.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Harrison yesterday on 13:52 - Aug 12 with 2590 viewsmistert

Harrison yesterday on 13:12 - Aug 12 by christiand

Would Harrison in fact benefit from having a big target man next to him, holding the ball up and playing him in? I know this won’t go down well, but could a Chris Martin on loan be the answer?

Surely a target man is the last thing we need.
Harrison yesterday on 14:03 - Aug 12 with 2551 viewschristiand

Harrison yesterday on 13:52 - Aug 12 by mistert

Surely a target man is the last thing we need.

Why? You don’t have to always look to hit things long. Good target men hold the ball up and bring others into play with clever touches and passes, you can play through them to create better attacking positions. Playing two up top, especially a striker with experience would at least give Harrison more support and leave him less isolated. It would just provide that physical presence we lack currently.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 14:09]

Harrison yesterday on 14:30 - Aug 12 with 2476 viewstractorshark

Agree with the OP. Against Blackburn, Harrison started brightly but struggled after half an hour.
Looked totally isolated with a big hole between him and central midfield.
If you’re going to play with one up front, you need a No10 to provide the link.
If you’re going to play 4-3-3, then one of the wingers has to get closer.
Harrison is not a Murphy, he’s not going to hold up play while the midfield arrives.
He needs help.
For me, the issue is Skuse and Chalobah. Only need one to play defensive midfield.
Neither look like box to box midfielders. Maybe it needs one of Huws, Bishop, Downes or Dozzell alongside Nolan.
Huws would definitely be good in that role if he’s truly fit.
Login to get fewer ads

Harrison yesterday on 15:31 - Aug 12 with 2375 viewsMullet

Chris Martin is never the answer, unless the question is about frontmen who should be banned from recording or fat, asshole, strikers with no pace, charm, humanity or reason to go near a blue shirt.

We've sold Garner and Waghorn. In the short term those appear to be mistakes. I was talking to someone on twitter and we both agreed that we need our own Mitrovic. Someone who can put to bed all this good work we are doing.

Harrison yesterday on 15:39 - Aug 12 with 2327 viewschristiand

Harrison yesterday on 15:31 - Aug 12 by Mullet

Chris Martin is never the answer, unless the question is about frontmen who should be banned from recording or fat, asshole, strikers with no pace, charm, humanity or reason to go near a blue shirt.

We've sold Garner and Waghorn. In the short term those appear to be mistakes. I was talking to someone on twitter and we both agreed that we need our own Mitrovic. Someone who can put to bed all this good work we are doing.

Exactly, a Chris Martin type of striker!!!

Harrison yesterday on 15:46 - Aug 12 with 2302 viewsMullet

Harrison yesterday on 15:39 - Aug 12 by christiand

Exactly, a Chris Martin type of striker!!!

You do the Serbian a huge disservice.

Harrison yesterday on 15:55 - Aug 12 with 2269 viewsWickets

Harrison yesterday on 13:45 - Aug 12 by Pinewoodblue

Maybe but its a little early not to trust the judgement of the new manager. Most of us wanted change its going to take a while its never been an exact science it will take time! I just hope we can pick up enough points along the way to keep fans on board.
Harrison yesterday on 17:08 - Aug 12 with 2149 viewsNthQldITFC

In a different formation, yes, but the fundamental fact is that Hurst wants to play a more dynamic 4-2-3-1, where the whole ethos is that we move the opposition defence around, creating and exploiting gaps. Crucially the lone striker gets support arriving from the 3, and from the full backs. This needs fit, quick, intelligent and mobile players, and from what we've seen so far, I reckon we've got them. It's just that in these (very early) days, that link up isn't working perfectly yet. For me, it looks really exciting and if we as fans have a little patience, and keep giving support, we could be well rewarded.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Harrison yesterday on 19:09 - Aug 12 with 1965 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Harrison yesterday on 13:45 - Aug 12 by Pinewoodblue

Definitely against Rotherham!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024