Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. 11:51 - Aug 9 with 4378 viewsnoggin

Have eaten at Ghandi, which was good, but was a few years ago. Is there better?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:52 - Aug 9 with 3560 viewsbracknell_blue

We like Zaika - good food and friendly staff.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:53 - Aug 9 with 3554 viewsBrixtonBlue

I love Gandhi, but not tried anywhere else in Ipswich.

We go there on the last home game of every season and it's still top notch.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:54 - Aug 9 with 3541 viewsnoggin

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:53 - Aug 9 by BrixtonBlue

I love Gandhi, but not tried anywhere else in Ipswich.

We go there on the last home game of every season and it's still top notch.

I knew I’d spell it wrong.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:58 - Aug 9 with 3524 viewsReuser_is_God

I went to the Gandhi last week & it was still good as ever.

The 2 answers to this question are always Gandhi or Zaika - I've never been to Zaika so can't comment but it sounds like it wouldn't disappoint.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 11:58]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:58 - Aug 9 with 3507 viewsKieran_Knows

Ghandi and Zaikia are both very good. Have been to the Dhaka before and would say that's decent too.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:59 - Aug 9 with 3504 viewsdidsburyblue

Maharani on Norwich Road. Have the Chef's Special. Spot on
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:59 - Aug 9 with 3498 viewsJamma

Is it that time of year for someone to repost the classic Lucan and RKD thread.

Love that!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 12:00]
on 12:03 - Aug 9 with 3472 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:05 - Aug 9 with 3454 viewsBrixtonBlue

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:54 - Aug 9 by noggin

I knew I’d spell it wrong.

Ha, I decided on this occasion I wouldn't say, but let you know in a more subtle way.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:11 - Aug 9 with 3409 viewshype313

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:52 - Aug 9 by bracknell_blue

We like Zaika - good food and friendly staff.

Zaika

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:15 - Aug 9 with 3380 viewsGeoffSentence

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:58 - Aug 9 by Kieran_Knows

Ghandi and Zaikia are both very good. Have been to the Dhaka before and would say that's decent too.

I would second both The Ghandi and Zaika, but for a truly marvellous Indian restaurant just outside Ipswich in the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle K cannot recommend the Zaynab at Capel st Mary high enough. It really is fantastic.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 3333 viewsmaccyd9

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:58 - Aug 9 by Kieran_Knows

Bekash still takes some beating buh.
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:24 - Aug 9 with 3321 viewsKieran_Knows

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:23 - Aug 9 by maccyd9

Bekash still takes some beating buh.

How on earth could I forget Bekash!!

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:25 - Aug 9 with 3316 viewsitfcjoe

If in the town centre I usually go to Gandhi, although Zaika is nice too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:25 - Aug 9 with 3315 viewsmaccyd9

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:24 - Aug 9 by Kieran_Knows

How on earth could I forget Bekash!!

You've forgotten your routes since you moved, thats why!
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:26 - Aug 9 with 3307 viewsBerlinBlue

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:59 - Aug 9 by didsburyblue

This restaurant is superb.
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:27 - Aug 9 with 3304 viewswkj

Admittedly it has been a few years, but I really liked Masha of India near Alexandria park.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:27 - Aug 9 with 3302 viewsKieran_Knows

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:25 - Aug 9 by maccyd9

You've forgotten your routes since you moved, thats why!

Ha! I only got a takeaway from there a few weeks ago as well, bloody lovely.

EDIT - put your hand up to anymore random people thinking it was me this week?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 12:28]

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 12:36 - Aug 9 with 3251 viewsmrshallisfit

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 11:59 - Aug 9 by didsburyblue

Have to agree with this choice. Going there tonight.
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:21 - Aug 9 with 3164 viewsFunge

Bekash is consistently top-drawer, but is a little bit of a slog out of town (Meredith Rd, up Whitton way). Best 'British' Indian food I've had anywhere, if that makes sense.

Of the town centre ones, Passage and Zaika are both decent, indeed. Dhaka not all that, sadly, and Gandhi is pretty standard.
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:22 - Aug 9 with 3159 viewsFunge

on 12:03 - Aug 9 by _

Yeah also a good shout. Pretty cheap, too.
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:25 - Aug 9 with 3138 viewshype313

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:22 - Aug 9 by Funge

Yeah also a good shout. Pretty cheap, too.

I went there with work about 8 months ago and it was bang average, everything was so bland, we all had different dishes (around 12 of us) and everyone's tasted the same, ie bland and watery.

Shame, as went I went there previously it wasn't bad.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:49 - Aug 9 with 3084 viewsFunge

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:25 - Aug 9 by hype313

I went there with work about 8 months ago and it was bang average, everything was so bland, we all had different dishes (around 12 of us) and everyone's tasted the same, ie bland and watery.

Shame, as went I went there previously it wasn't bad.

To be honest, few things in life make me angrier than a poorly made curry.

There was some joint opposite Pals in the Buttermarket maybe 7-8 years ago; it was needlessly w@nky, you know? Snazzy black slate plates, neon lights, all that b0llocks.

Anyway, I went in there and ordered a Chicken Madras. I ended up with a Lamb something covered in Tabasco sauce, which prompted a stand-up shouting match in the middle of the restaurant.

It shut down about 3 months later; this probably wasn't my fault,

There was also that Jamal's Koh-I-Noor place on Crown St - the curry there was OK, but Jamal was growing a lot of weed in the roof, which Suffolk plod eventually took a very dim view of.
Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 14:22 - Aug 9 with 3013 viewsGeoffSentence

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:49 - Aug 9 by Funge

There was some joint opposite Pals in the Buttermarket maybe 7-8 years ago; it was needlessly w@nky, you know? Snazzy black slate plates, neon lights, all that b0llocks.

Anyway, I went in there and ordered a Chicken Madras. I ended up with a Lamb something covered in Tabasco sauce, which prompted a stand-up shouting match in the middle of the restaurant.

There was also that Jamal's Koh-I-Noor place on Crown St - the curry there was OK, but Jamal was growing a lot of weed in the roof, which Suffolk plod eventually took a very dim view of.

That p!ace on Crown Street was dreadful. Well the service was.crap, not sure what the food was like having left after an argument with the most smug, patronising waiter I have ever encountered.

Wasn't surprised when it closed down, but assumed it was to do with their standard of service rather than illegal drug chicanery.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 3013 viewsjontysnut

Best Indian restaurant in Ipswich please. on 13:49 - Aug 9 by Funge

I don't know how common this is down south but in Leeds/Bradford it's getting increasingly hard to get a proper lamb curry. I think the problem is that lamb is relatively expensive and some restaurants/takeaways were substituting beef and getting into grief with trading standards. So now you get generic 'meat' without any indication of what that is. I don't mind mutton instead of lamb and I've got nothing against beef - just that it would be nice to know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024