Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107908 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:12 - Aug 10 with 6566 viewsSpruceMoose

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 16:51 - Aug 10 by Vic

Keep on fighting TLA and get yourself back here soon, you are missing so much fun with ITFC

You might be interested in the new SpruceMoose Score Audio Service. We will provide a Customer Service Representative to sit by your bedside, and listen to the radio on headphones. They will then relay the scores to you out loud, in an accent of your choosing.

Usually $15.99 per session but seeing as it is you I'm sure J2 will pick up the tab.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 19:31 - Aug 10 with 6507 viewshoppy

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:12 - Aug 10 by SpruceMoose

You might be interested in the new SpruceMoose Score Audio Service. We will provide a Customer Service Representative to sit by your bedside, and listen to the radio on headphones. They will then relay the scores to you out loud, in an accent of your choosing.

Usually $15.99 per session but seeing as it is you I'm sure J2 will pick up the tab.

I’m sure you’re right about that... he’s a good egg, is J2... which is slightly ironic...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:43 - Aug 10 with 6470 viewsScottCandage

Hang in there bro!
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:54 - Aug 10 with 6471 viewsSwailsey

So. Early days. And there’s still a long way to go but Oz spoke today.

I stress, little steps. But this is wonderful news to hear.

Keep fighting ya beautiful man you!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:11 - Aug 10 with 6431 viewsSamuelowen88

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:54 - Aug 10 by Swailsey

So... Was his first word Kuqi or Pablo ? Or Cheese?

Poll: England v Wales Score

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:42 - Aug 10 with 6408 viewshoppy

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:11 - Aug 10 by Samuelowen88

So... Was his first word Kuqi or Pablo ? Or Cheese?

“Clegg” and his second one was “out”, apparently.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 23:02 - Aug 10 with 6333 viewsPhilTWTD

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:54 - Aug 10 by Swailsey

Brilliant to hear. Give him TWTD's good wishes.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 05:56 - Aug 11 with 6249 viewsBasingstokeBlue

That is, indeed, wonderful news.

Please pass on all our best wishes.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 06:29 - Aug 11 with 6229 viewsGlasgowBlue

Great to hear more positive news each day that passes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 06:37 - Aug 11 with 6227 viewsBenters2

Great news.

Keep going TLA
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 08:34 - Aug 11 with 6178 viewsGunnsAirkick

Excellent news!
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 10:38 - Aug 11 with 6136 viewschristiand

Wonderful news!!
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:39]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 13:16 - Aug 11 with 6074 viewsPaganBlue

As cool as it would have been for his first word to be something profound, I think it was actually 'yeah'. He also managed to have a good moan about the tube in his nose, along with some soppy stuff I forced him to say. He was quieter yesterday, and very sleepy this morning, but he is still aware of what's going on and knows who's been to see him and what they've talked to him about. I think his brain function is fine (apparently there's a big risk to it if you're sedated for any length of time).

In terms of immediate concerns, he's now very stable but has a mild temperature, which they're keeping an eye on. He really has defied the odds to make it through those first few days. Longer term, there's still no output from his kidneys, and we're not sure about the liver. He'd hate me telling you all this - he's really private about his health, but I'm in charge now!

I had the most beautiful bunch of roses delivered to me about an hour ago, from all you lovely people on here. I can't thank you enough for your kindness - that really was a wonderful surprise. I've taken a photo of them to take to show Oz this afternoon (now I've remembered to take his glasses in so he has a chance of seeing something when he's awake!) so he can see how amazing you're all being and how well people are looking after me. I know it'll mean the world to him, as it does to me.
TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 13:40 - Aug 11 with 6046 viewsSwailsey

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 13:16 - Aug 11 by PaganBlue

As cool as it would have been for his first word to be something profound, I think it was actually 'yeah'. He also managed to have a good moan about the tube in his nose, along with some soppy stuff I forced him to say. He was quieter yesterday, and very sleepy this morning, but he is still aware of what's going on and knows who's been to see him and what they've talked to him about. I think his brain function is fine (apparently there's a big risk to it if you're sedated for any length of time).

In terms of immediate concerns, he's now very stable but has a mild temperature, which they're keeping an eye on. He really has defied the odds to make it through those first few days. Longer term, there's still no output from his kidneys, and we're not sure about the liver. He'd hate me telling you all this - he's really private about his health, but I'm in charge now!

I had the most beautiful bunch of roses delivered to me about an hour ago, from all you lovely people on here. I can't thank you enough for your kindness - that really was a wonderful surprise. I've taken a photo of them to take to show Oz this afternoon (now I've remembered to take his glasses in so he has a chance of seeing something when he's awake!) so he can see how amazing you're all being and how well people are looking after me. I know it'll mean the world to him, as it does to me.

You have a certain sailor man to thank for arranging those :)

But love from all at TWTD x

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 16:00 - Aug 11 with 5973 viewsRyorry

Seem to have pollen or something in my eyes xx

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 18:08 - Aug 11 with 5913 viewsBrixtonBlue

When he'd finished moaning about the tube, were his next words, "That poem by Dolly was a work of genius"?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 19:54 - Aug 11 with 5856 viewsWarkystache

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 18:08 - Aug 11 by BrixtonBlue

When he'd finished moaning about the tube, were his next words, "That poem by Dolly was a work of genius"?

Get well soon mate - next report is dedicated to you.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 09:43 - Aug 12 with 5722 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

TLA - Appreciation Thread/Book *update* on 16:00 - Aug 11 by Ryorry

Seem to have pollen or something in my eyes xx

Terrible bad this year isn't it.....!
Good work Capn. N and thanks for the update Lisa....things heading the right way.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:58 - Aug 12 with 5645 viewsPJH

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:26 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

As an aside, nice to see you posting here again BL.

I can report an official TWTD sighting of Bluelagos yesterday.

He is looking forward to again meeting up with Oz and Lisa.
*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 21:33 - Aug 12 with 5536 viewsSwailsey

Hey all, I’m going to look to print this thread into one of those photo books this week, so I’d like to set the cut off for submissions to be 8pm tomorrow (Monday GMT) if that’s ok with everyone? Obviously we can keep the thread going, but I think it would be a nice time to let him have a copy of all the initial sentiments.

If you’d like to leave a comment, or leave another comment feel free! It’ll be going in there - warts and all!

I’m hoping to visit him later in the week so I can give it to him in person from all of us.

If anyone would like any extra time or something included they aren’t comfortable with publicly, feel free to PM me.

x

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 21:36 - Aug 12 with 5530 viewsGuthrum

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 21:33 - Aug 12 by Swailsey

Hey all, I’m going to look to print this thread into one of those photo books this week, so I’d like to set the cut off for submissions to be 8pm tomorrow (Monday GMT) if that’s ok with everyone? Obviously we can keep the thread going, but I think it would be a nice time to let him have a copy of all the initial sentiments.

If you’d like to leave a comment, or leave another comment feel free! It’ll be going in there - warts and all!

I’m hoping to visit him later in the week so I can give it to him in person from all of us.

If anyone would like any extra time or something included they aren’t comfortable with publicly, feel free to PM me.

x

TLA - hope your recovery is both rapid and smooth.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 21:58 - Aug 12 with 5503 viewsMullet

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 21:36 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

TLA - hope your recovery is both rapid and smooth.

Sounds like a waterslide I went on once.

I agree though Guffers.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 22:27 - Aug 12 with 5472 viewsBrixtonBlue

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 21:33 - Aug 12 by Swailsey

x

I wouldn't give him any warts, I should think he's got enough on his plate.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 06:56 - Aug 13 with 5368 viewsgmanrom

Get well soon. Coybs

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm Tomorrow *update* on 08:54 - Aug 13 with 5318 viewsGlebeTractor

Best wishes.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 8:55]

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024