Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107886 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:42 - Aug 6 with 6426 viewswitchdoctor

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:33 - Aug 6 by Vic

Really sorry to here this. Prayers and best wishes for TLA and his family. Hope he turns the corner of recovery soon. Vic.

all the best mate...see you here soon 👍
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:05 - Aug 6 with 6420 viewsstickymockwell

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 16:59 - Aug 6 by JoeSoap

Hey TLA,

This is most embarrassing, didn't you know that I'm the boards sick note, so don't even think about going before me.
Bloody people stealing my thunder.

Seriously fella, get yourself well, there seem to be an awful lot of people who feel a lot for you on this board, so you can't be all bad.

Love and best wishes.

Joe. x

I reckon we'll all be gone before you Joe. You've been threatening it for years 😀 .
Love ya
Xxxx

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:15 - Aug 6 with 6385 viewsSamuelowen88

As others have said, cant claim to know TLA personally, although from what’s been written seems like the sort of person you want to know.

From his posts, always comes across well and happy to talk on a variety of subjects. Always comes across well and knowledgeable, and never seen a bad word said by or about him.

Speedy recovery fella!

Poll: England v Wales Score

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 6378 viewsJoeSoap

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:05 - Aug 6 by stickymockwell

I reckon we'll all be gone before you Joe. You've been threatening it for years 😀 .
Love ya
Xxxx

Don't blame me, my oncologist tells me he doesn't understand why I'm still around, the insurances all paid out months ago. Just a pity I'm not healthy enough to enjoy all that dosh.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:53 - Aug 6 with 6340 viewsstickymockwell

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:41 - Aug 6 by JoeSoap

Don't blame me, my oncologist tells me he doesn't understand why I'm still around, the insurances all paid out months ago. Just a pity I'm not healthy enough to enjoy all that dosh.

I know it's sh1t for you.
All the best brother xxx
if you need some help with the dosh I'm desperate for an all inclusive holiday to the Seychelles and a nice motor. Oh and some nice clothes.
Cheers

I've pm'd my bank details

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 23:22 - Aug 6 with 6286 viewsBLUEBEAT

stay up playa

Poll: W or W

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book (n/t) on 02:00 - Aug 7 with 6239 viewsFixed_It

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:05 - Aug 6 by stickymockwell

Love ya
Xxxx

[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 3:03]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 03:01 - Aug 7 with 6221 viewsFixed_It

Got everything crossed for some good news for all concerned.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 08:03 - Aug 7 with 6145 viewsReuser_is_God

All the best TLA

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 08:43 - Aug 7 with 6120 viewsBrixtonBlue

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:41 - Aug 6 by JoeSoap

Could you maybe draw the money out of the bank and roll around in it at least?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 08:52 - Aug 7 with 6114 viewsBrixtonBlue

I don't know you TLA, but here's a poem to help you feel better.

TLA is not ok
And that's not ok
Coz he's ok
I'd like to meet you both
Because
I could call your wife 'The Wizard

Of Oz.'

Love Dollers x

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 09:10 - Aug 7 with 6085 viewsJoeSoap

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 08:43 - Aug 7 by BrixtonBlue

Could you maybe draw the money out of the bank and roll around in it at least?

Thanks Dollly but I'd never get up again.

I could try an elaborate drown in a pile of paper money suicide attempt, or perhaps stoned to death with £2 coins.

In the end I have a wife and children at home, not to mention the circling apparition of a vulturistic mother in law, so it's not going to last long.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 09:42 - Aug 7 with 6051 viewsfactual_blue

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 08:52 - Aug 7 by BrixtonBlue

I don't know you TLA, but here's a poem to help you feel better.

TLA is not ok
And that's not ok
Coz he's ok
I'd like to meet you both
Because
I could call your wife 'The Wizard

Of Oz.'

Love Dollers x

I think Carol Ann Duffy's position as Poet Laureate is safe.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 10:09 - Aug 7 with 6028 viewssolemio

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 09:42 - Aug 7 by factual_blue

I think Carol Ann Duffy's position as Poet Laureate is safe.

Harsh

ok and ok are perfect rhymes for ok.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 10:29 - Aug 7 with 6007 viewsm14_blue

You can tell from his contributions on here that he's an absolutely top bloke.

No side to him at all, never seen him have a bad word to say about anyone.

Get well soon mate
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 10:44 - Aug 7 with 5992 viewsITFC1983

Get well soon TLA - always enjoyed your posts over the years!

All the best
Adam

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:13 - Aug 7 with 5852 viewsSwailsey

No change on the Oz front today.

Hang in there buddy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:20 - Aug 7 with 5844 viewsBrixtonBlue

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 09:10 - Aug 7 by JoeSoap

Thanks Dollly but I'd never get up again.

I could try an elaborate drown in a pile of paper money suicide attempt, or perhaps stoned to death with £2 coins.

In the end I have a wife and children at home, not to mention the circling apparition of a vulturistic mother in law, so it's not going to last long.

Maybe just sit in an armchair and have them shower you with money. Sounds like fun to me!

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:44 - Aug 7 with 5813 viewsBenters2

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:13 - Aug 7 by Swailsey

Hang in there buddy.

This.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:00 - Aug 7 with 5720 viewsPhilTWTD

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:13 - Aug 7 by Swailsey

Hang in there buddy.

Thanks for the update. Here's hoping tomorrow brings news of an upturn.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:47 - Aug 7 with 5658 viewsHerbivore

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:00 - Aug 7 by PhilTWTD

Thanks for the update. Here's hoping tomorrow brings news of an upturn.

Some news on signings might perk him up, Phil. See what you can rustle up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 18:06 - Aug 7 with 5647 viewsTouchofNouble

Oz is a legend. When I first met him 5 years ago, he was complete stranger to me. He's become one of the closest people in my life and I've told him many a time that the confidence he gave me and the faith he displayed in me, when I was struggling the most with my mental health, saved me. He's the most generous person I've ever known, the best mentor, listener, role model and a father figure to me (plus he got me following Town!) I've been in bits since I found out. This thread is a measure of the man he is, I'm not surprised so many people have been affected by him being seriously ill, he's the best human being you'll ever meet. Hang in there Oz.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 18:26 - Aug 7 with 5626 viewshoppy

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 10:29 - Aug 7 by m14_blue

You can tell from his contributions on here that he's an absolutely top bloke.

No side to him at all, never seen him have a bad word to say about anyone.

Get well soon mate

And I've also never seen anyone ever have a bad word to say about him either - which just goes to show the type of guy he is.

Hang in there Oz, and come and see us in the Fanzone again soon once you've got yourself better, which you quite clearly have to do, given how many people on this thread have said they need to meet up with you again!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:33 - Aug 7 with 5520 viewsPaganBlue

Hi folks,

It's been lovely reading all the updates to this thread tonight, and I love the idea of the book!

Dolly - your poem was outstanding. Oz is actually quite obsessed with The Wizard of Oz, and who doesn't like the word 'ok'?? You should maybe be in advertising or something...

The only update I have this evening is that there's no change. He's still 'comfortable', still sedated and still critical. Still fighting though!
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 22:14 - Aug 7 with 5463 viewsPJH

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:33 - Aug 7 by PaganBlue

Hi folks,

It's been lovely reading all the updates to this thread tonight, and I love the idea of the book!

Dolly - your poem was outstanding. Oz is actually quite obsessed with The Wizard of Oz, and who doesn't like the word 'ok'?? You should maybe be in advertising or something...

The only update I have this evening is that there's no change. He's still 'comfortable', still sedated and still critical. Still fighting though!

I think all of TWTD is(or are?) with you and Oz.

We will fight together.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024