Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107769 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 06:04 - Aug 6 with 7464 viewsstuyarmouthblue

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:42 - Aug 5 by PaganBlue

Hi folks, Lisa, Oz (TLA)'s wife here. Really appreciate all the messages - will go and read them out to him in a minute. For all of those saying he's been kind, supportive and seems like a really good bloke you're completely right - what you see is completely what you get! I know I'm biased, but he is an absolute inspiration of a man. He's been my best friend and hero for 26 years, and from the amount of well wishes and visitors he's had suggests he means a lot to everyone.

He's currently stable but highly critical. They think it's a liver problem which caused huge internal bleeding. They're unable to investigate the cause at the moment as their main concern is keeping him alive.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. He's completely sedated but we were able to bring a radio in to his room yesterday to listen to the game. I was with him when we scored after 5 mins and had to apologise to the nurse for shouting so loudly!

I'm so sorry to hear this. Oz is a legend, a friend to many and someone whose kindness and understanding has meant so much to so many.

I hope to see him at Margos for a catch up soon.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 07:03 - Aug 6 with 7413 viewsvapour_trail

Really very sorry to hear this. Lots of love and best wishes to TLA and family. Thanks for posting up Chris.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 07:58 - Aug 6 with 7374 viewsCoco

Best wishes TLA. See you on here soon.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:55 - Aug 6 with 7231 viewsbobwya

I don't know TLA but have appreciated his posts on here and by all accounts he sounds a great guy.
I join all the rest in wishing him a speedy recovery and hope to see him posting on here again soon.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:17 - Aug 6 with 7140 viewschicoazul

Best wishes to TLA, a good poster and it seems a very good bloke IRL.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:09 - Aug 6 with 7000 viewsclive_baker

I don't know TLA in 'real life' but always come across as a good bloke on here, and reading these comments it's clearly an accurate reflection of him as a man. Really sorry to hear he's not well and wish him all the best for a speedy return to health.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:14 - Aug 6 with 6997 viewsSwailsey

Once he's up and running again (he's not getting out of the coke he owes me), I'll print a copy of this thread out and put it in a little book for him and Lisa - so please feel free to continue to add your messages of support.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:18 - Aug 6 with 6989 viewsfooters

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:14 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

Once he's up and running again (he's not getting out of the coke he owes me), I'll print a copy of this thread out and put it in a little book for him and Lisa - so please feel free to continue to add your messages of support.

Enforcing a drug debt on a thread like this? Shame on you, chrisswailes.

Hopefully it's not too long before he's fighting fit. He's in good hands.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:20 - Aug 6 with 6988 viewsNewcyBlue

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:14 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

How about one of those photo books? Put the avatar of each poster with their post and user name? I’ll pay for it if you have the time to get do it mate?

Just a thought. What do you think?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:21 - Aug 6 with 6979 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:20 - Aug 6 by NewcyBlue

How about one of those photo books? Put the avatar of each poster with their post and user name? I’ll pay for it if you have the time to get do it mate?

Just a thought. What do you think?

That's exactly what I was thinking!

50/50 matey. Although to be fair, you're hardly going to be able to come and get me are you...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 16:22 - Aug 6 with 6975 viewsstickymockwell

Very sorry to hear this. Get well soon TLA and back to the board as soon as poss.
XXXXX

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:27 - Aug 6 with 6964 viewsNewcyBlue

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:21 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

That's exactly what I was thinking!

50/50 matey. Although to be fair, you're hardly going to be able to come and get me are you...

Come and get you? It would take longer to sail to Felixstowe than it would for me to just do our normal route, sign off in South Korea, fly home, and then hunt you down. I mean find you. Find you is what I meant.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:28 - Aug 6 with 6955 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:27 - Aug 6 by NewcyBlue

Come and get you? It would take longer to sail to Felixstowe than it would for me to just do our normal route, sign off in South Korea, fly home, and then hunt you down. I mean find you. Find you is what I meant.

You realise everything written here is going into the book...(including this)

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:33 - Aug 6 with 6949 viewsGuthrum

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 23:01 - Aug 5 by PaganBlue

It's been lovely to read all your messages on here, and I read them out to Oz this afternoon, just to remind him what a popular b'stard he is! He's still in pretty much the same condition - critical but stable - but he's receiving really good care and seems to be holding his own.

It's crazy how quickly life can turn upside-down - we spent last weekend in Ipswich (we live in the badlands), went to the Wham game, met the lovely chrisswailes for a pint and everything was fine. We had no idea he had any liver problems until Wednesday when this all started.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks again for all the messages - between chrisswailes and I we'll keep you updated.

Best wishes and keep your chin up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:55 - Aug 6 with 6921 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:28 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

You realise everything written here is going into the book...(including this)

Does that mean the thread has to descend into a bile filled slagging match for total twtd authenticity? Maybe if Lisa reads it out to him it will be just the motivation he needs to get back here and put us right!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 6948 viewsJoeSoap

Hey TLA,

This is most embarrassing, didn't you know that I'm the boards sick note, so don't even think about going before me.
Bloody people stealing my thunder.

Seriously fella, get yourself well, there seem to be an awful lot of people who feel a lot for you on this board, so you can't be all bad.

Love and best wishes.

Joe. x

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 6916 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:55 - Aug 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Does that mean the thread has to descend into a bile filled slagging match for total twtd authenticity? Maybe if Lisa reads it out to him it will be just the motivation he needs to get back here and put us right!

Are you a stupid vegan?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 16:59 - Aug 6 with 6919 viewsPJH

TLA was the very first to comment on my brilliant thread about the 1961/62 League winning season.
I did have a chat with him about long ago memories of ITFC, it would be great to have further chats soon.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 17:03]
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:07 - Aug 6 with 6899 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:59 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

Are you a stupid vegan?

Never mind me, what about you and your leftie virtue signalling?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:12 - Aug 6 with 6896 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:07 - Aug 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Never mind me, what about you and your leftie virtue signalling?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/24/vegetarian-jeremy-corbyn-attends-bri

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:14 - Aug 6 with 6892 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:12 - Aug 6 by Swailsey

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/24/vegetarian-jeremy-corbyn-attends-bri

So Cameron wasn't the only one to get "attached to pigs!"

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:18 - Aug 6 with 6886 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:14 - Aug 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

So Cameron wasn't the only one to get "attached to pigs!"

Back on topic - there's a limit to the pages we can have in the book.

I've asked Lisa for an update - I'll let you all know as and when.

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 18:42 - Aug 6 with 6780 viewsFunge

Yeah get well soon TLA, your general Towun optimism is missed.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 18:45 - Aug 6 with 6772 viewsimsureazzure

Sh1t only just seen this, all the best good man.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:33 - Aug 6 with 6695 viewsVic

Really sorry to here this. Prayers and best wishes for TLA and his family. Hope he turns the corner of recovery soon. Vic.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024