Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107939 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA: RIP on 16:32 - Aug 19 with 4895 viewsNewcyBlue

I have had a message from Rommy asking me to post something for him.

“TLA the poster was as kind as anyone could possibly be. He’d do anything for anyone. We’d often chat during England’s away cricket tours as two night owls watching on the TV. I’ve lots of nice PMs from him checking on how I was doing which meant a lot to me. I hope he knew that.

Meeting him on a few occasions last season before games just confirmed Oz was as nice in the flesh as he was as TLA on the forum. A kind and caring bloke.

RIP Oz and thoughts with Lisa right now.”

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

on 16:44 - Aug 19 with 4853 views_

TLA: RIP on 16:58 - Aug 19 with 4827 viewshoppy

So so sorry to have this news - especially after it sounded he had been improving slightly prior to that infection.

Our thoughts and love to you Lisa. I feel privileged to have had the pleasure to meet him and all the tributes on here are testament to what a man he was, and the help and advice he has given to many will continue as his legacy.

RIP Oz - taken far too soon.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 17:01]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TLA: RIP on 17:01 - Aug 19 with 4820 viewsGogs

How sad. Never knew the chap, but sounds like he was a thoroughly decent person. Condolences to his nearest and dearest from a fellow ITFC fan. RIP TLA
TLA: RIP on 17:10 - Aug 19 with 4808 viewsBraveDave

Every so often in life, someone comes along who you really wish you'd met. From everything I've read on here, Oz was definitely one of those people.

Lisa, my thoughts go out to you and your family. I hope you'll get some comfort in knowing how much everybody thought of Oz. Clearly one in a million.
TLA: RIP on 17:21 - Aug 19 with 4792 viewsm14_blue

Devastating news.

I'm so sorry Lisa, and all other friends and family. You've lost a true gentleman.

RIP TLA
TLA: RIP on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 4780 viewsTractorboy24

Terrible to hear that he has passed, always came across as a kind & thoughtful person, the board will be a worse place without him. RIP
TLA: RIP on 17:50 - Aug 19 with 4744 viewsHarryfromBath

Truly sad news and, like many of us, I have felt so diminished on reading this. My heartfelt condolences go to you Marc, to Lisa and all of Oz's family, and to everyone in the TWTD world with whom he was friends.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Login to get fewer ads

TLA: RIP on 18:12 - Aug 19 with 4700 viewswkj

This is awful news, my deepest of deep condolences

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TLA: RIP on 18:14 - Aug 19 with 4689 viewsmonytowbray

Very sad news. I hadn’t commented on here previously as I felt it would’ve been strange as I had very limited interaction with him other than seeing him comment he was a veggie, but had been keeping an eye on the thread hoping he’d come through.

RIP.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 18:16]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

TLA: RIP on 18:33 - Aug 19 with 4652 viewsTouchofNouble

TLA: RIP on 14:12 - Aug 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

F.F.S ! Heartfelt best wishes and condolences to Lisa and family.

(Could I suggest somebody more tech savvy than me starts a fund towards a memorial brick in the wall outside North Stand with any extra going to a charity of Lisa's choosing........subject to her approval in the fullness of time.)
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 16:36]

Lovely idea mate, I spoke with Lisa and our friend Nick today and Nick is due to phone the club tomorrow. He's had a conversation with the club already and they are keen to help pay tribute to Oz. Myself and another of Oz's mates are planning to co-ordinate this along with ITFC so we'll keep you lovely people posted.
TLA: RIP on 19:15 - Aug 19 with 4597 viewsfactual_blue

TLA: RIP on 18:33 - Aug 19 by TouchofNouble

Lovely idea mate, I spoke with Lisa and our friend Nick today and Nick is due to phone the club tomorrow. He's had a conversation with the club already and they are keen to help pay tribute to Oz. Myself and another of Oz's mates are planning to co-ordinate this along with ITFC so we'll keep you lovely people posted.

When the fan died at Blackpool a few seasons ago, the club left a wreath on his seat for the rest of the season.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TLA: RIP on 19:20 - Aug 19 with 4584 viewsjeera

TLA: RIP on 18:33 - Aug 19 by TouchofNouble

That's a nice idea and something everyone will get behind.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TLA: RIP on 19:29 - Aug 19 with 4564 viewsstickymockwell

One of us.
If you can find Dalai and the other missing blues up there, then send us good luck.
RIP TLA(Oz)
X

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

TLA: RIP on 19:45 - Aug 19 with 4534 viewsfooters

Awful news. So sorry to hear this.

TLA always came across as a real gent- kind, understanding and intelligent. My sincere condolences to Lisa, his friends and family. Life can be cruel but is always precious- celebrate his.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

TLA: RIP on 19:48 - Aug 19 with 4519 viewsWarkystache

Bye TLA, rest in peace. I never knew you but you were Town through and through

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

TLA: RIP on 19:50 - Aug 19 with 4517 viewsstrikalite

Very sad news, remember messaging him on here in the early hours when the Ashes were being played, really knowledgeable guy and reading all these messages really shows what a great guy he was...

RIP TLA....
TLA: RIP on 20:04 - Aug 19 with 4498 viewsnorth_stand77

I am so sorry to hear this sad news, everybody here was willing him to get better.

My thoughts are with Lisa, family and friends of Oz. Rest peacefully fellow Blue
TLA: RIP on 20:40 - Aug 19 with 4454 viewsvapour_trail

So sorry to hear this Lisa, Marc and all.

All my love and best wishes x

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

TLA: RIP on 21:17 - Aug 19 with 4402 viewsBrixtonBlue

Terrible news, I thought he was pulling through. Life's a bitch sometimes. Not much one can say or do, just hope my little ditty gave him a little smile, and in fact all the messages on here warmed his heart before he went.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

TLA: RIP on 21:39 - Aug 19 with 4345 viewsbluelagos

Sometimes life is really sht. This is one of those times.

Only met the once but you left a very positive impression and said some very kind words to me.

You will clearly be sorely missed by many. rip

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

TLA: RIP on 22:01 - Aug 19 with 4296 viewsxrayspecs

Such sad news. Thoughts with his family and friends at this difficult time.

XRS.
TLA: RIP on 22:27 - Aug 19 with 4269 viewsPaganBlue

Thank you all so much for the beautiful messages and your good wishes for me. Oz genuinely was a hero to me and to many, many other people. His passing was very peaceful, and surrounded by friends - about as good as it can get.

I've had to give up our season tickets (for both financial and emotional reasons), but I'm hoping to be back at Portman Road soon and would love to meet up with anyone who wants to raise a glass to him.

He died at about 2.45pm on Saturday. In a very rare lie from me, I had told him earlier that we had the early game and had beaten Villa 5-0. I hope he heard that and didn't recognise it for the complete fabrication it was! I was hoping Town would make good on it, but apparently they have absolutely no sense of occasion.
TLA: RIP on 22:34 - Aug 19 with 4242 viewsHarry_Palmer

Just got in to be met by this very very sad news. Like everybody else I was desperately hoping Oz would pull through. I met him just the once but his pleasant manner, warmth and kindness shone through immediately.

Huge condolences to Lisa and all who were close to him. RIP Oz.
TLA: RIP on 22:50 - Aug 19 with 4204 viewsbluewein

Incredibly sad news. My condolences to the family, and yourself Marc.

Pm anytime x

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024