Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Woolfenden 10:10 - Aug 5 with 1386 viewsSmithy

What a good player we have here, looked composed and confident on the ball and thought we looked far more balanced when he came on, very promising player who will only get better with games, really hope Hurst doesn't freeze him out with Nsiala and Tilt possibly coming in.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Luke Woolfenden on 10:19 - Aug 5 with 1343 viewsMonkey

He is definitely promising but I thought overall his passing was poor yesterday. Often gave it away or kicked long balls straight out of play.

Having said that, he’s young and has a lot of potential. I hope he gets a decent amount of mins this year.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Luke Woolfenden on 10:19 - Aug 5 with 1340 viewsColin_Viljoen

To be honest, I was surprised he wasn't in the starting line-up.
Luke Woolfenden on 10:22 - Aug 5 with 1316 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Blackburn front 2 tried to icsolate him by pulling chambers more towards Knudsen and sending the goal kicks towards Wolfie . The learning curve is steep but he looks like he is taking it in his stride.
Luke Woolfenden on 10:28 - Aug 5 with 1290 viewstextbackup

young boy coming on, thought he'd struggle, anything but!
played a few lovely balls out wide, up against graham who from behind is the size of a bear, looked really good. he might be my new favourite player

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Woolfenden on 10:29 - Aug 5 with 1283 viewsSimonds92

Luke Woolfenden on 10:19 - Aug 5 by Monkey

He is definitely promising but I thought overall his passing was poor yesterday. Often gave it away or kicked long balls straight out of play.

Having said that, he’s young and has a lot of potential. I hope he gets a decent amount of mins this year.

I tgink he gave away 1 pass when he put it straight out of play? What worries me about him and might be the thing that stops him playing at a high level is his lack of pace.
Luke Woolfenden on 10:32 - Aug 5 with 1267 viewshomer_123

Luke Woolfenden on 10:29 - Aug 5 by Simonds92

I tgink he gave away 1 pass when he put it straight out of play? What worries me about him and might be the thing that stops him playing at a high level is his lack of pace.

With experience, he will be able to read the game though which is always worth a yard or two.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Luke Woolfenden on 10:39 - Aug 5 with 1226 viewshomer_123

Luke Woolfenden on 10:28 - Aug 5 by textbackup

played a few lovely balls out wide, up against graham who from behind is the size of a bear, looked really good. he might be my new favourite player

This.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Luke Woolfenden on 11:01 - Aug 5 with 1162 viewsKeaneish

Luke Woolfenden on 10:28 - Aug 5 by textbackup

Looked to switch the play in the odd occasion too. That's something that impressed me a lot yesterday, knudsen and Donacien willing to ping cross field balls to Edwards or Sears. Very encouraging. That never happened under MM - too risky for him. Worked to good effect yesterday.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Woolfenden on 11:06 - Aug 5 with 1129 viewstextbackup

Luke Woolfenden on 11:01 - Aug 5 by Keaneish

Looked to switch the play in the odd occasion too. That's something that impressed me a lot yesterday, knudsen and Donacien willing to ping cross field balls to Edwards or Sears. Very encouraging. That never happened under MM - too risky for him. Worked to good effect yesterday.

and thats the thing, the cross field ball wasn't the only thing we tried, it was a mix of different plays. I knew id find anything massively positive yesterday, as it wasn't same old, but I honestly think we are on to a good thing here, 2/3 years down the line and we could be a real force

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Woolfenden on 11:09 - Aug 5 with 1114 viewsAljoBlue

From first time i saw him play last season i was impressed. I suspect with so many changes in the team this season he may miss out as having so little league experience, although one could say the same about Chalobah. If Nsiala and Tilt come in then, much as i would love Woolfenden to start for us, a season long loan in league 1 may be better for him longterm
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024