Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) 08:48 - Jul 31 with 2360 viewsSW_LondonBlue

First post so apologies if this has been asked before ...

I'm a season ticket holder who has recently moved to London and wanted to know if paying for I Follow was the only way to access away match commentary. Relying on the internet for streams (owning no radio - I hear radio Suffolk DAB connection is poor anyway) I found they all cut off just before kick off when I tried to listen for the last few away games of last season.

Any help much appreciated!
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 08:53 - Jul 31 with 2323 viewsBluefish

Yes you are correct. A word of warning though, the radio on Ifollow is usually slightly delayed so Twitter etc will tell you about goals before you hear it.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 08:55 - Jul 31 with 2309 viewsSW6Tractor

Unfortunately so.

Enjoy London - let us know if you want any recommendations for bars/pubs/restaurants etc.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:02 - Jul 31 with 2220 viewslondonbluenw5

It is also handy to watch the away games you can't get to live (better than just commentary!). Your internet connection needs to be outside the UK but that is quite straight-forward to set up via VPN. Again though, it is on a slight delay so best to keep off twitter when watching! There is also no commentary.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:21 - Jul 31 with 2184 viewstractorian

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:02 - Jul 31 by londonbluenw5

It is also handy to watch the away games you can't get to live (better than just commentary!). Your internet connection needs to be outside the UK but that is quite straight-forward to set up via VPN. Again though, it is on a slight delay so best to keep off twitter when watching! There is also no commentary.

The browser Opera comes with a built in VPN facility, so you can appear to be overseas.

This has been a requirement in previous seasons, but is not necessarily the case now. Others on here know more about this than I, but certain matches - the game against Middlesbrough I believe - will be available to the UK.

There are also other streams, which we are not allowed to mention here, available. These can be accessed on match days via PMs.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:36 - Jul 31 with 2166 viewslondonbluenw5

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:21 - Jul 31 by tractorian

The browser Opera comes with a built in VPN facility, so you can appear to be overseas.

This has been a requirement in previous seasons, but is not necessarily the case now. Others on here know more about this than I, but certain matches - the game against Middlesbrough I believe - will be available to the UK.

There are also other streams, which we are not allowed to mention here, available. These can be accessed on match days via PMs.

I think it is still the case that you have to appear overseas, the Middlesbrough game could be because it is on Sky?

Opera is good, but I have found in order to get a steady stream using iFollow I have to use one of the premium VPNs (I use Vypr VPN, about £60 per year and really good - I don't work for them!) to get suitable bandwidth. Also good for watching US Netflix etc.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:45 - Jul 31 with 2143 viewsBluefish

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:36 - Jul 31 by londonbluenw5

I think it is still the case that you have to appear overseas, the Middlesbrough game could be because it is on Sky?

Opera is good, but I have found in order to get a steady stream using iFollow I have to use one of the premium VPNs (I use Vypr VPN, about £60 per year and really good - I don't work for them!) to get suitable bandwidth. Also good for watching US Netflix etc.

Use opera but as soon as you have the game on just switch the vpn off

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:52 - Jul 31 with 2133 viewslondonbluenw5

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:45 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

Use opera but as soon as you have the game on just switch the vpn off

Does that work?! If so, great shout.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:56 - Jul 31 with 2125 viewsBluefish

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:52 - Jul 31 by londonbluenw5

Does that work?! If so, great shout.

Yep

Login to get fewer ads

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:57 - Jul 31 with 2119 viewsbrazil1982

I've found ifollow to be very unreliable, cancelled it last year.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 11:34 - Jul 31 with 2069 viewsBurwell_Blue

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:56 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

Yep

No

Opera have dropped the inbuilt VPN now, so you will need to find alternative means.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 11:49 - Jul 31 with 2035 viewsZedRodgers

"Any games played outside of blocked hours (not between 14:45 — 17:15 on a Saturday) and not shown by Sky Sports will be available to watch for domestic fans."

"Season pass prices for international fans have been frozen at £110, whilst supporters in the UK can purchase their match passes from £10."

No, not at the moment

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 12:07 - Jul 31 with 2011 viewslondonbluenw5

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 11:49 - Jul 31 by ZedRodgers

"Any games played outside of blocked hours (not between 14:45 — 17:15 on a Saturday) and not shown by Sky Sports will be available to watch for domestic fans."

"Season pass prices for international fans have been frozen at £110, whilst supporters in the UK can purchase their match passes from £10."

Nice! That means all tricky Tuesday away games can be watched. Great news.
I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 10:45 - Aug 2 with 1896 viewsjayceee

I Follow Help (New to TWTD!) on 11:34 - Jul 31 by Burwell_Blue

No

Opera have dropped the inbuilt VPN now, so you will need to find alternative means.

I think you need the beta Opera to still have access to the VPN - just checked - mines still working. I can tell you that with a commercial VPN, ifollow does detect VPN, but usually switching servers can resolve this. I expect iFollow will do more to block VPNs this year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024