Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holywells or Christchurch? 11:48 - Jul 22 with 4369 viewsclive_baker

Or C) Other.

What’s your favourite public space in town?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Holywells or Christchurch? on 12:07 - Jul 22 with 4336 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Spring/millenium wood, Kiln meadow, Ellenbrook meadow, Grove hill, Belstead brook.

I know not technically in town but on the doorstep for me to spend time walking the hound.

Of the two parks you mention, Christchurch park for the diverse variety of trees.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Holywells or Christchurch? on 13:23 - Jul 22 with 4271 viewsimsureazzure

As my old neck of the woods I like Bourne park, roasting chestnuts from the sweet chestnut trees, trampling through the reed beds and diving in to the basin off Bourne bridge, TWTD!
Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:28 - Jul 22 with 4197 viewssolemio

Holywells is good; Christchurch is great. Most towns would be proud of the latter.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:33 - Jul 22 with 4192 viewsFunge

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:28 - Jul 22 by solemio

Holywells is good; Christchurch is great. Most towns would be proud of the latter.

I think Christchurch is one of the finest parks, anywhere.

Absolutely the best thing about Ipswich.

Playing tennis on those courts in the evening, sun coming through the trees; yeah, pretty much perfect.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:40 - Jul 22 with 4176 viewsclive_baker

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:33 - Jul 22 by Funge

I think Christchurch is one of the finest parks, anywhere.

Absolutely the best thing about Ipswich.

Playing tennis on those courts in the evening, sun coming through the trees; yeah, pretty much perfect.

Couldn’t agree more. By any standards it’s beautiful.

One of my early dates with my now wife involved playing tennis on those courts, stroll around the park in the sunshine and a couple of drinks in the Woolpack.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:46 - Jul 22 with 4167 viewsSpruceMoose

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:28 - Jul 22 by solemio

Ipswich really is blessed with public green spaces. That's one thing that IBC has excelled at in the last decade.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:49 - Jul 22 with 4163 viewsStokieBlue

Holywells.

I spent my entire youth either playing football there or in the woods. Top times.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:52 - Jul 22 with 4149 viewsDubtractor

Both are great, but as I live a stones throw from Holywells I'm always drawn to that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:54 - Jul 22 with 4142 viewssolemio

As ITFC fans I think we should give some credit to the Cobbolds, well Felix Cobbold anyway.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:55 - Jul 22 with 4141 viewsFunge

Holywells or Christchurch? on 17:40 - Jul 22 by clive_baker

Couldn’t agree more. By any standards it’s beautiful.

One of my early dates with my now wife involved playing tennis on those courts, stroll around the park in the sunshine and a couple of drinks in the Woolpack.

Many summer nights spent in Christchurch in my teens; making the most of crappy soap, caning whatever alcohol you'd manage to pilfer, and rolling down Hippy Hill.

We had a mate who would have a smoke, and then climb whichever tree was nearest. We'd be at the bottom, and he'd drop a smoke down from 50 ft up. Somehow he never, ever managed to get stuck.

Genuinely very happy times.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 18:03 - Jul 22 with 4124 viewsBackToRussia

Holywells together with Landseer, as they are virtually connected. They have wild flower meadows in Landseer now. More my neck of the woods, and Landseer is only 20/30 minutes from Orwell Country Park.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Holywells or Christchurch? on 18:04 - Jul 22 with 4123 viewsFunge

Holywells or Christchurch? on 18:03 - Jul 22 by BackToRussia

Holywells together with Landseer, as they are virtually connected. They have wild flower meadows in Landseer now. More my neck of the woods, and Landseer is only 20/30 minutes from Orwell Country Park.

Orwell Country Park is bloody marvellous too, agreed.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 19:02 - Jul 22 with 4056 viewsSlambo

Loving this thread..! As others have said, Ipswich surely has one of the best collections of green spaces in the country - let's not forget Chantry Park. I'd like to chuck Arras Square into the mix. If IBC gets the sale of the BHS building right, it could be turned into a proper European style piazza. Fed into by Dial Lane, which I also love -narrow, higgeldy-piggeldy, medieval street, reminds of the Lanes in Brighton...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Holywells or Christchurch? on 19:31 - Jul 22 with 4018 viewsBluespeed225

'The sandlings' walk around purdis heath, through Bucklesham woods, 15 minutes from our door, dog loves it, always feel lucky to have it near. I did some wood clearance on the heath a while back, very satisfying! The signs say the Sandlings walk goes all the way up the coast to Dunwich area.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 21:51 - Jul 22 with 3932 viewssolemio

Holywells or Christchurch? on 19:31 - Jul 22 by Bluespeed225

'The sandlings' walk around purdis heath, through Bucklesham woods, 15 minutes from our door, dog loves it, always feel lucky to have it near. I did some wood clearance on the heath a while back, very satisfying! The signs say the Sandlings walk goes all the way up the coast to Dunwich area.

We spend a week or two every summer in Dunwich, and yes, the Sandlings Walk certainly does go there.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 22:12 - Jul 22 with 3900 viewsReuser_is_God

Holywells Park is awesome.

My typical dog walk on a weekend morning is a couple of laps around Landseer Park then a lap of Holywells.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Holywells or Christchurch? on 08:56 - Jul 23 with 3769 viewssolemio

The thing about Christchurch Park is the great variety of areas.

You've got the showy bit from the Soane Street gates up to the mansion, the watery area with the circular pond and on up the stream, the memorial area, the lovely arboretum, the tennis courts, the great show of Spring daffodils towards the top end of the park, etc. Not to mention acres of open areas for kids to play. And the bandstand area which is especially nice when there is no band playing.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 9:09]
Holywells or Christchurch? on 11:23 - Jul 23 with 3707 viewsjontysnut

Holywells or Christchurch? on 08:56 - Jul 23 by solemio

The thing about Christchurch Park is the great variety of areas.

You've got the showy bit from the Soane Street gates up to the mansion, the watery area with the circular pond and on up the stream, the memorial area, the lovely arboretum, the tennis courts, the great show of Spring daffodils towards the top end of the park, etc. Not to mention acres of open areas for kids to play. And the bandstand area which is especially nice when there is no band playing.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 9:09]

many years ago I had a summer holiday job in Christchurch park as a gardening assistant. Loved it. I had a tan like David Dickinson. Worst job was picking up every bit of dogs muck on the top field prior to a royal visit by helicopter so that the mayoral welcoming party didn't get showered with sh1t when the 'copter landed.
Holywells or Christchurch? on 11:31 - Jul 23 with 3696 viewsITFC_Forever

Bourne Park is our default dog-walking area, and they've re-built the play area and fenced it in, it reduces his picnic raiding antics... I understand the picnic area next to the new play area will also be fenced next year as well.

Gippeswyk is slightly nearer, but Bourne Park is certainly nicer.

Christchurch Park is great for all the reasons already listed, and IBC have certainly made more use of the park in recent times.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024