Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New players 10:02 - Jul 13 with 3991 viewsbluehook

Phil, with the lack of players joining the Mighty Blues at the moment, is it possible that you could just make up some rumours?
This would greatly satiate our needs until the flood of new recruits starts next week.
Cheers
New players on 10:05 - Jul 13 with 3277 viewschicoazul

This is tangentially related. My Col U mate says that Vincent-Young is back with Col u as they offered him more money than we did. I have no idea if this is true but my Col U mate is ITK with a Director there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New players on 10:08 - Jul 13 with 3237 viewsBlueBadger

New players on 10:05 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

This is tangentially related. My Col U mate says that Vincent-Young is back with Col u as they offered him more money than we did. I have no idea if this is true but my Col U mate is ITK with a Director there.

It never fails to amaze me how many football club staff are so loose-lipped with (presumably)confidential financial and other information with random members of the public and friends of friends.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

New players on 10:09 - Jul 13 with 3232 viewsGuthrum

Which would be a slightly disturbing trend. Town used to have the reputation for paying reasonable (but not excessive) wages. If we're going to be outbid on that front, too, it makes things very difficult.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New players on 10:11 - Jul 13 with 3210 viewshomer_123

New players on 10:09 - Jul 13 by Guthrum

Which would be a slightly disturbing trend. Town used to have the reputation for paying reasonable (but not excessive) wages. If we're going to be outbid on that front, too, it makes things very difficult.

Surely, we offered him what 'we' thought he was worth?

Maybe he is worth more to Col U than us?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

on 10:15 - Jul 13 with 3180 views_

New players on 10:09 - Jul 13 by Guthrum

New players on 10:19 - Jul 13 with 3140 viewsBluefish

Tilt is signing today def info

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New players on 10:22 - Jul 13 with 3113 viewsunstableblue

New players on 10:19 - Jul 13 by Bluefish

Tilt is signing today def info

I really want Tilt to sign.

I think the young Chelsea lad is going to have a positive loan; but I would like to see him in a deep lying midfield role.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

New players on 10:25 - Jul 13 with 3074 viewsBrianTablet

New players on 10:08 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

It never fails to amaze me how many football club staff are so loose-lipped with (presumably)confidential financial and other information with random members of the public and friends of friends.

According to the bloke in the ticket office, it's 83% of all staff.

Def info.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 13:34]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

New players on 10:26 - Jul 13 with 3069 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds like nonsense to me. I don't think he was offered anything here.
New players on 10:27 - Jul 13 with 3055 viewspowinswitch

New players on 10:22 - Jul 13 by unstableblue

I think the young Chelsea lad is going to have a positive loan; but I would like to see him in a deep lying midfield role.

Where would that leave Cole Skuse? Or are we going to use two deep lying midfielders? Would be a step up from three I suppose.
New players on 10:28 - Jul 13 with 3038 viewsBenters2

New players on 10:26 - Jul 13 by PhilTWTD

I bet he jumped at that
New players on 10:33 - Jul 13 with 3014 viewsOsborneOneNil

New players on 10:27 - Jul 13 by powinswitch

Where would that leave Cole Skuse? Or are we going to use two deep lying midfielders? Would be a step up from three I suppose.

Cole can sit on the bench.
New players on 10:35 - Jul 13 with 3002 viewsPhilTWTD

on 10:15 - Jul 13 by _

Bearing in mind the huge difference between Championship and League Two wages I doubt that's true. But I don't believe there's any truth in him being offered anything here anyway.
on 10:37 - Jul 13 with 2978 views_

New players on 10:35 - Jul 13 by PhilTWTD

Bearing in mind the huge difference between Championship and League Two wages I doubt that's true. But I don't believe there's any truth in him being offered anything here anyway.

New players on 10:38 - Jul 13 with 2966 viewsBluebell

I'm not worried at all.

We were all saying last season that if the injured players were fit we would be doing much better. Most of those players are now training with the others so should be ready to play come August.

What we do need to know is whether Bart will be leaving (I hope that is not left till the last minute) and whether we will let players like Waggy go.

Yes, we do need more players but I am convinced with couple more new ones and some of the youngsters ready and able to be in the squad, we can hold our own.
New players on 10:39 - Jul 13 with 2957 viewsBluefish

Obviously not nonsense then. He was offered £0 per week here and maybe £1000 pw week there. We have been outbid

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New players on 10:42 - Jul 13 with 2905 viewsBenters2

New players on 10:39 - Jul 13 by Bluefish

Obviously not nonsense then. He was offered £0 per week here and maybe £1000 pw week there. We have been outbid

erm.
New players on 10:49 - Jul 13 with 2860 viewsPhilTWTD

on 10:37 - Jul 13 by _

Wages at this level are so far in advance of League Two I'd be amazed if they were able to offer a player anything like he'd be on here regardless of status within the squad.
New players on 10:57 - Jul 13 with 2789 viewsBlueBadger

Phil, I'm shocked, people who know people who know people high-up in football clubs NEVER pass on unreliable info.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

New players on 11:03 - Jul 13 with 2745 viewsITFCSteward

New players on 10:57 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

Phil, I'm shocked, people who know people who know people high-up in football clubs NEVER pass on unreliable info.

You get a lot of people in football clubs that talk like they are in the know but they haven't got a clue. There are few of us that genuinely are in the inner circle.

Poll: Steward of the year nominations

New players on 11:03 - Jul 13 with 2730 viewschicoazul

New players on 10:22 - Jul 13 by unstableblue

We have about 6 of our own players for that role.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

New players on 11:04 - Jul 13 with 2724 viewschicoazul

New players on 10:08 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

It doesn't amaze me to hear that you don't understand basic human psychology either.

New players on 11:06 - Jul 13 with 2710 viewsBlueBadger

New players on 11:04 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

It doesn't amaze me to hear that you don't understand basic human psychology either.

I get the need for attention, I just don't why you'd go down the tried-and-failed route of Definite Info, I thought you were above that at least.

New players on 11:09 - Jul 13 with 2682 viewschicoazul

New players on 11:06 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

I get the need for attention, I just don't why you'd go down the tried-and-failed route of Definite Info, I thought you were above that at least.

People like to gossip. You post Daily Mash links all the time for instance. People can't help who they are. But yeah imagine my shock that a Nurse doesnt understand people talk with one another about stuff they sometimes ought not to all the time.

New players on 11:15 - Jul 13 with 2633 viewsBlueBadger

New players on 11:09 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

People like to gossip. You post Daily Mash links all the time for instance. People can't help who they are. But yeah imagine my shock that a Nurse doesnt understand people talk with one another about stuff they sometimes ought not to all the time.

Oh, the gossip bit I get, it's the loose-trapped sharing of presumably confidential financial dealings with any old random on the internet bit I don't buy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024