Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All you good good people... 20:02 - Jul 12 with 638 viewsSlambo

...listen to me..!

I posted blog a good while ago on this very topic, ignorant at the time that the forum may've provided a more receptive audience...

I really want to establish a proper, dedicated singing section at Portman Road. An ultra group if you will, although i'm personally indifferent to graffiti tifos and blokes with megaphones, but whatever. It'll be as democratic as possible...

There's a bit more optimism about the place, granted. The Bobby Lower can make a fair old racket when it wants to. But too many times recently the ground stood in complete silence; and on too many occasions the only singing that could be heard was negative and sarcastic. People will - with some justification - put it down to the poor football on display and just the general sense of stagnation around the place. But the current goodwill is brittle; it'll only take a few bad results for the boo boys to return...

In the blog I got a few responses, mostly quite cynical and patronising. Maybe I am a bit naive. But I can't believe i'm the only person who wants to make a row for their team, non-stop for 90 minutes, singing unique, imaginative chants, regardless of what's happening on the pitch or who's in the dugout. I want Ipswich to become a club recognised for its fan culture, not dismissed as another soulless bunch of fairweather consumers, indiscernible from the morass of other EFL clubs...

I've already spoken to SLO Liz Edwards who says the club's keen to facilitate as much as they can. They're aware, though, that this needs to be a grassroots movement. I'm also involved with the official supporters' club, so can pull a few strings there. If this is something you want to get involved in, let me know...

UPPA.
TOWEN.

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024