Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can't sell waggy 17:01 - Jun 29 with 1235 viewsboroughblue

Sorry for another thread, but we can't let him go. For any price. He's almost irreplaceable. To try and sign a player of his class in this market, you're looking at at least £10 mill. So we won't be able to afford a proven replacement for him.

I also feel like a big part of the fan base will be unhappy if he leaves, as he has become such a fans favourite.

On the other hand though, it is wrong to stand in his way if he wants to leave, much in the same mould of Murphy. Although I get the impression that he's very happy here. In the way he plays, the way he talks and what he does/says on social media.

Long story short, don't get rid of him. No price is good enough, I don't even care.
We can't sell waggy on 17:48 - Jun 29 with 1183 viewsNo9

It's not as important to retain him as it is to retain Bart.
We can't sell waggy on 18:01 - Jun 29 with 1172 viewsglassblower

How do you know we couldn’t buy a player of his class for less than £10m when only a year ago we signed a player of his class for £200k
We can't sell waggy on 18:08 - Jun 29 with 1162 viewssouthnorfolkblue

We can't sell waggy on 17:48 - Jun 29 by No9

It's not as important to retain him as it is to retain Bart.

Bart would be far easier to replace imo. There are plenty of decent keepers out there. Proven goalscorers are another matter.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

We can't sell waggy on 18:16 - Jun 29 with 1143 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We can't sell waggy on 18:01 - Jun 29 by glassblower

How do you know we couldn’t buy a player of his class for less than £10m when only a year ago we signed a player of his class for £200k

I love waggy, and really don't want to sell him.

But I also think Sears still has a lot to offer if played as a striker.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We can't sell waggy on 18:18 - Jun 29 with 1138 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a tricky one, I'd rather keep him. But remember we kept Didzy.... With hindsight many people would say we should've taken the money.

If the offer was £15m it would be hard to turn down.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We can't sell waggy on 18:24 - Jun 29 with 1120 viewsglassblower

We can't sell waggy on 18:16 - Jun 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I love waggy, and really don't want to sell him.

But I also think Sears still has a lot to offer if played as a striker.

Absolutely love Waggy too. Just that it’s a bit dramatic to say you can’t buy players like him cheap when we signed exactly him cheap so recently. We can’t the big money so we have to be smart and feed off the descents scraps and rejects like Waggy himself was only a year ago. We all delighted in the fact we stole him from Rangers after all.

But back to your point i would love us to keep him. LOVE it and for me Sears just won’t ever have a season like the last one Waggy had.
We can't sell waggy on 18:28 - Jun 29 with 1099 viewsDublinBlue84

Well I've just gone back as a season ticket holder after years away, partly due to living in Dublin and partly due to not coming back the last year or two because of Mick.

I'm annoyed by Webster going but can see why it's done
I am annoyed by Knight going, but can see why it has happened.
I'm going to be highly annoyed if Bart goes but can see with his contract why it might happen.

If Waghorn goes I will be really pissed off and if Bart goes along with him I will be seriously considering cancelling my direct debit.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

We can't sell waggy on 20:53 - Jun 29 with 1015 viewsGuthrum

If Waghorn decides he wants to go, then it becomes very difficult. The fee would need to be truly phenomenal. Record-breaking, even. In no other circumstances should a sale even be considered.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024