Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership 10:53 - Jun 27 with 5197 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Is the headline to an article on the BBC Website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44627990

Discuss..
Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 13:26 - Jun 27 with 1270 viewsjeera

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 13:24 - Jun 27 by footers

You'll be able to marry a dog next, etc.

Your phone.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 13:31 - Jun 27 with 1267 viewsjeera

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 13:15 - Jun 27 by jjblue84

Hilarious, and the sure sign that ‘Equality’ will end up eating itself !!

In what way?

There's no reason to capitalise equality if not quoting the law, let alone the quotations marks.

There's nothing wrong with being equal. That is a positive phrase.

Sorry, that's a 'positive' phrase.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 1234 viewsKBsSocks

I'd never, ever get married.

I might consider a CP for financial reasons at some stage in the future with the right person.

I'm heterosexual, and do believe that marriage is a dated, patriarchal concept that I do not wish to buy into.

I'm very pleased at this result, and very displeased that it wasn't sorted out in the first place, then subsequently when opportunities arose but were abandoned. Politicians = grmph.

Divorce laws need updating - the fact that there is often No Blame escapes our archaic and restrictive laws in this regard.

Poll: Are Phil and Gav doing a great job re-TWTD ?
Blog: Comparison Time Again

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 14:23 - Jun 27 with 1227 viewshoppy

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 11:10 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

Surely just let anyone do whatever they like with whoever they like. Civil partnership or marriage - leave it up to the individuals.

SB

I never realised you were from Norfolk?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 14:26 - Jun 27 with 1224 viewsfooters

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 14:17 - Jun 27 by KBsSocks

I might consider a CP for financial reasons at some stage in the future with the right person.

I'm heterosexual, and do believe that marriage is a dated, patriarchal concept that I do not wish to buy into.

I'm very pleased at this result, and very displeased that it wasn't sorted out in the first place, then subsequently when opportunities arose but were abandoned. Politicians = grmph.

Divorce laws need updating - the fact that there is often No Blame escapes our archaic and restrictive laws in this regard.

Great post. My sentiments exactly. Although I'm currently not getting married due to factors other than ideology. Blub!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 06:36 - Jun 28 with 1170 viewsjjblue84

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 13:24 - Jun 27 by footers

You'll be able to marry a dog next, etc.

Don’t even joke about it !!!
Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 07:05 - Jun 28 with 1162 viewstcblue

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 06:36 - Jun 28 by jjblue84

Don’t even joke about it !!!

Did Norman Tebbit ever marry his son to avoid inheritance tax?
Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 07:15 - Jun 28 with 1150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 14:17 - Jun 27 by KBsSocks

Agree with this.
I'm sure many of you will be shocked to know that I am no fan of marriage either, for many reasons! The main practical one though is that I genuinely believe that marriage makes couples less likely to work through problem times due to the feeling of being trapped! Don't think CP's really change this. As a co habitor of 20 years I would prefer legal recognition to be available after say 10 years as the legal implications of one of us dying at the moment are not good.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 07:17 - Jun 28 with 1150 viewsimsureazzure

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 11:45 - Jun 27 by Keno

Adultery isn’t recognised in same-sex partners

well blow me, I never knew that

'well blow me, I never knew that'

That would be grounds for divorce.
Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 07:19 - Jun 28 with 1146 viewstcblue

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 07:17 - Jun 28 by imsureazzure

'well blow me, I never knew that'

That would be grounds for divorce.

[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 7:23]
Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 07:27 - Jun 28 with 1139 viewsgordon

Yeah, this. Divorce law is archaic. There will be more Civil partnerships than marriages in 10/20 years or so, I would definitely choose CP.
Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 07:37 - Jun 28 with 1130 viewsgordon

Heterosexual couple win right to civil partnership on 11:45 - Jun 27 by Keno

Adultery isn’t recognised in same-sex partners

well blow me, I never knew that

The issue is that adultery is defined in marriage law as having sex with only the opposite sex. So in any sort of marriage, if the adulterous affair is homosexual, it doesn't count as grounds for divorce. Was to protect the interests of a certain type of powerful gentlemen back in the day. Obviously needs reforming, but would likely cause an outcry with the Daily Mail etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024