Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad Times 11:34 - Jun 25 with 4509 viewsNazemariner

It's official, Dave has left the building.
Sad Times on 11:35 - Jun 25 with 4089 viewsBluebell

Dave who?
Sad Times on 11:36 - Jun 25 with 4077 viewsPJH

Sad Times on 11:35 - Jun 25 by Bluebell

Dave who?

Didz to you.
Sad Times on 11:37 - Jun 25 with 4063 viewsStenvict

Greatest ever player to wear a Town shirt.

He made it worth paying for a ticket just seeing him do a pointless stepover in our own half with no opposition around him.

Will be missed.

Good luck at Barcelona Dave!

Poll: What will be announced first?

Sad Times on 11:38 - Jun 25 with 4048 viewsNazemariner

Sad Times on 11:37 - Jun 25 by Stenvict

Greatest ever player to wear a Town shirt.

He made it worth paying for a ticket just seeing him do a pointless stepover in our own half with no opposition around him.

Will be missed.

Good luck at Barcelona Dave!

My sarcasm meter is going off the scale
Sad Times on 11:41 - Jun 25 with 4018 viewsBluebell

Sad Times on 11:36 - Jun 25 by PJH

Didz to you.

Ah David.

I don't think I have ever heard him called Dave.
Sad Times on 11:51 - Jun 25 with 3943 viewsfactual_blue

Sad Times on 11:35 - Jun 25 by Bluebell

Dave who?

Dave Clegg

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 11:54 - Jun 25 with 3925 views_

Sad Times on 12:01 - Jun 25 with 3859 viewsITFC_Forever

Very sad times.

He was by far the best player we had - when he was fit and on form. Then when he got injured again, we missed him so much it was painful.

However, as the highest earner in the squad, we needed 35-plus games from him at that level, but we were lucky to get half that.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Sad Times on 12:02 - Jun 25 with 3851 viewsPJH

on 11:54 - Jun 25 by _

Read your post twice to see if I can find anything that I agree with,I can't.

I suppose blue shirt and Portman Road cannot be argued with but all the rest can be.
on 12:06 - Jun 25 with 3813 views_

Sad Times on 12:02 - Jun 25 by PJH

Read your post twice to see if I can find anything that I agree with,I can't.

I suppose blue shirt and Portman Road cannot be argued with but all the rest can be.

Sad Times on 12:12 - Jun 25 with 3774 viewsPJH

on 12:06 - Jun 25 by _

In my opinion the real shame is that he spent far too much time injured.
A fully fit and on form David McGoldrick was (again in my opinion) as good as anyone else in the Championship.
I do not agree that he was overrated by our supporters because at times he was as good as you could hope to get at this level.
It is true that he was inconsistent but I think that was mostly due to the fact that he was almost always working his way back to peak form and fitness after yet another injury.

Rather than agreeing with your original post that he was the most overrated player of the last 20 years I would say that he was close to being the best player over the last 20 years, if not actually being the best.
on 12:14 - Jun 25 with 3750 views_

Sad Times on 12:12 - Jun 25 by PJH

A fully fit and on form David McGoldrick was (again in my opinion) as good as anyone else in the Championship.
I do not agree that he was overrated by our supporters because at times he was as good as you could hope to get at this level.
It is true that he was inconsistent but I think that was mostly due to the fact that he was almost always working his way back to peak form and fitness after yet another injury.

Rather than agreeing with your original post that he was the most overrated player of the last 20 years I would say that he was close to being the best player over the last 20 years, if not actually being the best.

Sad Times on 12:16 - Jun 25 with 3731 viewsPJH

on 12:14 - Jun 25 by _

I agree that because of multiple injuries he has not consistently produced in recent times but the main point of our little discussion was whether or not he was overrated.

The truth probably does lay between both of our views but a lot nearer to mine than yours(in my opinion).
Sad Times on 12:44 - Jun 25 with 3614 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

on 12:45 - Jun 25 with 3609 views_

Sad Times on 12:44 - Jun 25 by SitfcB

Sad Times on 13:34 - Jun 25 with 3457 viewsFixed_It

Sad Times on 12:16 - Jun 25 by PJH

I agree that because of multiple injuries he has not consistently produced in recent times but the main point of our little discussion was whether or not he was overrated.

The truth probably does lay between both of our views but a lot nearer to mine than yours(in my opinion).

Lacked pace and then lost some due to injury. Of course, with pace he would have been in a top Prem team in my opinion. Personally, I would like to have seen him converted into a playmaker rather than a striker. I think he became too desperate to recapture his goalscoring form, and would have performed better last season with that pressure taken off him. His vision, close control etc were top notch - far better than anything else we have seen at PR recently.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Sad Times on 13:35 - Jun 25 with 3440 viewsGarv

Lovely touch and turn, weight of pass etc.

Do think we overrated him though. One of the most frustrating players in front of goal, and oddly I always thought he had a really poor shooting technique, scuffing so many efforts.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sad Times on 13:49 - Jun 25 with 3399 viewsNazemariner

You know your stuff don't you
on 14:00 - Jun 25 with 3364 views_

Sad Times on 13:49 - Jun 25 by Nazemariner

You know your stuff don't you

Sad Times on 17:18 - Jun 25 with 3193 viewsJ2BLUE

Good player but not sad to see him go. We need all the help we can get and someone who misses half of each season injured is someone we can't afford.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sad Times on 17:50 - Jun 25 with 3137 viewsblueconscience

If he wasn’t so injury prone and played to his potential, we would never have been able to afford him.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Sad Times on 18:28 - Jun 25 with 3075 viewssolemio

Indeed. Much better than Jim Magilton, Marcus Stewart, Matt Holland, David Johnson II,
Jamie Clapham, Fabian Wilnis, Mick Stockwell etc.

I'm not even sure he was a better keeper than Richard Wright.
on 18:30 - Jun 25 with 3069 views_

Sad Times on 18:28 - Jun 25 by solemio

Indeed. Much better than Jim Magilton, Marcus Stewart, Matt Holland, David Johnson II,
Jamie Clapham, Fabian Wilnis, Mick Stockwell etc.

I'm not even sure he was a better keeper than Richard Wright.

Sad Times on 18:56 - Jun 25 with 3041 viewsairliner

on 18:30 - Jun 25 by _

Lovely player but too expensive for the number of games played. £20k better spent on younger players
Sad Times on 18:59 - Jun 25 with 3034 viewssolemio

on 18:30 - Jun 25 by _

You will have gathered, I'm sure, that I was making the point that he was not better than those players who were all with us within the last 20 years. They got us into Europe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024