Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Tilt 10:53 - Jun 25 with 4355 views12th_Man

Apprently we are looking to sign him from Blackpool

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Curtis Tilt on 10:54 - Jun 25 with 4342 viewsFixed_It

If you haven't got a Twitter link then I don't believe it....

*By which I mean I don't believe you haven't got a Twitter link.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Curtis Tilt on 11:07 - Jun 25 with 4256 viewsKieran_Knows

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/25/por-ipswich-aim-to-beat-rivals-to-blackpool

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Curtis Tilt on 11:09 - Jun 25 with 4238 viewsDeano69

Not sure that's on the level.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Curtis Tilt on 11:11 - Jun 25 with 4215 viewsMetal_Hacker

Interesting . Another Central defender.....seems someone getting booted out if this happens along with the Chelsea kid

Poll: If it were one or the other

Curtis Tilt on 11:18 - Jun 25 with 4156 viewsitfcjoe

Curtis Tilt on 11:11 - Jun 25 by Metal_Hacker

Interesting . Another Central defender.....seems someone getting booted out if this happens along with the Chelsea kid

We only have 2 currently and kids

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Curtis Tilt on 11:24 - Jun 25 with 4115 viewsJuggsy

Curtis Tilt on 11:09 - Jun 25 by Deano69

Not sure that's on the level.

Why not?

Exactly the kind of player I'd be expecting Hurst to be going after.
Curtis Tilt on 11:25 - Jun 25 with 4105 viewshowdonblue

Can’t imagine we will sign him if Chalobah is coming as I think hurst won’t be clearing anymore defenders out yet
Curtis Tilt on 11:28 - Jun 25 with 4068 viewsDeano69

Curtis Tilt on 11:24 - Jun 25 by Juggsy

Why not?

It will be a slippery slope

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Tilt on 11:29 - Jun 25 with 4061 viewsitfcjoe

Curtis Tilt on 11:25 - Jun 25 by howdonblue

Can’t imagine we will sign him if Chalobah is coming as I think hurst won’t be clearing anymore defenders out yet

We only have 2 CBs, we need at least 2 more and also prob one of Woolfenden or Chris Smith to step up in addition

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Curtis Tilt on 13:08 - Jun 25 with 3801 viewssundaze

Curtis Tilt on 11:24 - Jun 25 by Juggsy

Why not?

Really?
Curtis Tilt on 13:22 - Jun 25 with 3733 viewsnc41

Interesting read on Tilt...

"He used to drive JCB diggers for a living. Now, Curtis Tilt is determined to carve out a path to football's summit.

The 26-year-old Blackpool defender hasn't taken a traditional route into professional football. He was never in the academy system. Instead, he played Sunday League football as a teenager. then packed up playing for four years as work took priority.

At 20, he started to take his football more seriously and began a steady climb through the divisions. It started in the Midland Alliance with Gornal Athletic - the fifth tier of Non-League football - and has continued through Halesowen Town, Hednesford Town, AFC Telford United, Wrexham and Forest Green Rovers, the latter on loan in the closing stages of last season.

Before this term, he'd never played in the EFL, but he's a stand-out performer for Gary Bowyer's Blackpool on their return to League One.

And one thing's for sure: he relishes his life as a pro footballer now. The powerful centre-half said: "I worked at a quarry, driving JCB diggers and bulldozers. Sometimes, there was manual work as well. It was tough and it was physical. I would start early morning and finish at five. Then, I would go straight to football. I was dusty, so I would have a shower and then get straight into my kit. I joke with the lads at Blackpool at times. They moan it's been a long day if we finish at 2pm and I say 'you don't know what a long day is'. If I'm asked to do extra work or things in the community, I don't mind. I appreciate the life of a footballer. I don't have to do ten or eleven-hour shifts."

That down-to-earth attitude is combined with a determination to go as far as he can in the next few years. He knows he hasn't got time to waste. He hadn't missed a league game for Blackpool this season until a slight groin strain forced him out of Tuesday's 4-2 home defeat by Blackburn.

He has become a pillar of the defence for boss Bowyer, who has described his rise as phenomenal and says he can go as high as he wants. Indeed, it's easy to see why there is plenty of talk about Tilt. He's strong, pacy and can play out from the back. The fact he was a striker in his teens is probably one of the reasons why he's more comfortable on the ball than many a centre-half.

He is loving every minute with the Seasiders. "I had talked with them in January, but nothing happened," he said. "I knew they were still monitoring me, but when they won promotion to League One I thought my chance might have gone. When i got the phone call that they wanted to talk this summer, I was halfway up the motorway before I'd got off the phone! The manager and the staff have looked after me. I've come from the Conference and I was in the background at first. The manager said I needed to come out of my shell a bit and he's given me confidence. And it's probably the best group of lads I've played with. They give you little pointers and, when the games came round, I surprised myself. I thought it would take time to adapt, but I hit the ground running."

Playing in front of 20,000 fans on his debut at Bradford was a highlight, despite a 2-1 defeat, and another was scoring his first, and so far only, goal against Bury in a 2-1 win. But it looks as though there could be more special occasions ahead.

"I'm definitely hungrier than ever to do well," he said. "I'm 26, I'm not young, but I know what I have to do to get there. I'm just focusing on looking after myself and getting more consistency in my game. Let's see where I end up - the top is where I'm aiming."
Curtis Tilt on 13:54 - Jun 25 with 3654 viewstheblueginger

Exactly the sort of player PH goes for, and left-footed which aside from Knudsen filling in we don't have at CB.

Either spot on or lazy tabloid writing.
Curtis Tilt on 13:59 - Jun 25 with 3635 viewsGavTWTD

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-boss-wa

Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer has issued a stark warning to any clubs considering tabling a bid for Curtis Tilt: stump up “huge amounts” of cash or forget about it.

“It’s not going to be a casual thing of putting £50,000 down, you’re talking seven figures. That’s how highly I value him.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Curtis Tilt on 14:01 - Jun 25 with 3633 viewscrazyblue68

Curtis Tilt on 11:25 - Jun 25 by howdonblue

He is only a kid, he wont play regularly. So we need more experienced players. Hense Tilt being talked about. More game time and know how.
Curtis Tilt on 14:56 - Jun 25 with 3513 viewsTIB

Isn't Chalobah able to play a holding midfield role as well as at the back?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024