Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll tell you what 16:19 - Jun 24 with 19164 viewstractordownsouth

I fooking hate that German Bombers song...

It was my first time watching an England game in the pub and it was a great atmosphere until this song broke out in the second half. There were parents singing along and teaching it to their kids, some of whom looked about 8 years old.

I know it's a bit of a dampener and I might be a bit of a snowflake but it's really uncomfortable and not what football should be about. It got to the point where I was hoping for a Panama goal to shut them up.

It was a shame because it was a great game otherwise.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I'll tell you what on 20:27 - Jun 24 with 2420 viewsTractorWood

Agree. Was watching it in Bury and the same happend. Completely irrelevant to modern life. Have studied German society, learnt their tongue and travelled the length of their country, any issues people still have are soundly with themselves.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'll tell you what on 20:27 - Jun 24 with 2408 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 20:23 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Ho ho ho. You don't like it up ya, do ya buh!?

I was adding to the list of what i am.

Thicko
I'll tell you what on 20:28 - Jun 24 with 2410 viewsvapour_trail

I'll tell you what on 20:25 - Jun 24 by Benters2

Funny old lot,we have those who dont go to football,telling those of us who do how to behave and what we cant sing!

I think its just bantz,a bit like Top Gear?

TGM.

TN.

Not sure anyone who doesn’t go to football has told you (a freeloader who goes when his mate shouts him a ticket) how you can behave or what you can sing.

Thick as pudding.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I'll tell you what on 20:28 - Jun 24 with 2411 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:23 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

I’m sure no other nations sing rubbish songs about their rivals
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 20:23]

I thought this was about being better than other nations? Shouldn't we aspire to not sing rubbish songs, if everyone else is singing them?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'll tell you what on 20:28 - Jun 24 with 2400 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 20:22 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

Has someone hacked your account?

I think its great!
I'll tell you what on 20:29 - Jun 24 with 2401 viewsJ2BLUE

Funny old lot,we have those who dont go to football,telling those of us who do how to behave and what we cant sing!

TGM.

TN.

I haven't been much in the previous seasons. I am highly likely to have every Saturday off next season though.

I'm not telling you how to behave. I'm not TELLING you anything. I'm ASKING what the point is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'll tell you what on 20:29 - Jun 24 with 2399 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:27 - Jun 24 by Benters2

I was adding to the list of what i am.

Thicko

Ha ha you of all people calling someone thick his hilarious.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I'll tell you what on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 2387 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 20:26 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Going to watch Derby County doesn't count.

and Norwich still football innit?
Login to get fewer ads

I'll tell you what on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 2390 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:28 - Jun 24 by Benters2

I think its great!

I doubt you've ever thought in your life.

I'll tell you what on 20:30 - Jun 24 with 2389 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll tell you what on 20:28 - Jun 24 by Benters2

I think its great!

Of course you do. It must be a massive relief when someone who can string a coherent sentence together agrees with you and can take over your side of the argument.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'll tell you what on 20:31 - Jun 24 with 2379 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 20:28 - Jun 24 by vapour_trail

Not sure anyone who doesn’t go to football has told you (a freeloader who goes when his mate shouts him a ticket) how you can behave or what you can sing.

Thick as pudding.

lol
I'll tell you what on 20:31 - Jun 24 with 2387 viewsartsbossbeard

TGM.

TN.

You go when you can get a freebie or a London day out, please don't make out that you're any better than this.

Having enjoyed the hospitality of our German friends in Dusseldorf and loved my time there, the thought of harping back to war times and singing a song about things that happened 80yrs ago really doesn't compute. Come out of your little cocoon, there's a bigger, much more liberal and embracing world out there.

Your path simply leads to hatred of others for no real reason.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'll tell you what on 20:31 - Jun 24 with 2384 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:30 - Jun 24 by Benters2

and Norwich still football innit?

Give it another go, in English this time.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 20:31]

I'll tell you what on 20:31 - Jun 24 with 2388 viewstractorshark

I’d put the German bombers song on a par with those about Hillsborough and Munich.
Outdated, not particularly funny and sung by morons who think that’s how you act at football matches in order to look hard.
I'll tell you what on 20:31 - Jun 24 with 2381 viewsfactual_blue

I'll tell you what on 19:58 - Jun 24 by TJS

I honestly don’t think this song is that offensive in the grand scheme of things. It’s just another version of the old ‘two world wars and a World Cup too’. I have German relatives and trust me they are not offended by this.

Just imagine the foaming mouths if the German fans had a song starting ' one dead tommy lying on Arnhem bridge'...

I would imagine the main reason Germans don't mind this appalling song is pity.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'll tell you what on 20:32 - Jun 24 with 2363 viewsHerbivore

TGM.

TN.

You go to about two games a season so pipe down, gammon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'll tell you what on 20:33 - Jun 24 with 2355 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:30 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

Of course you do. It must be a massive relief when someone who can string a coherent sentence together agrees with you and can take over your side of the argument.

That's why he crawls so far up Taxi's bum. Benters needs someone to tell him how to think and act. Sad really.

I'll tell you what on 20:35 - Jun 24 with 2328 viewsBenters2

I'll tell you what on 20:31 - Jun 24 by artsbossbeard

You go when you can get a freebie or a London day out, please don't make out that you're any better than this.

Having enjoyed the hospitality of our German friends in Dusseldorf and loved my time there, the thought of harping back to war times and singing a song about things that happened 80yrs ago really doesn't compute. Come out of your little cocoon, there's a bigger, much more liberal and embracing world out there.

Your path simply leads to hatred of others for no real reason.

Soooo when the Leeds fans sang it to the Germans at PR last time they were here,the Germans found it funny?

Yet our snowflakes on here got upset?

I think you are trying to hard.
I'll tell you what on 20:36 - Jun 24 with 2323 viewsPJH

I'll tell you what on 20:26 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Going to watch Derby County doesn't count.

I was thinking the other day that them now being known as FLDC makes them sound like a right wing racist group.

I think the TWTD branch of their supporters club might well get reactivated.
I'll tell you what on 20:40 - Jun 24 with 2296 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll tell you what on 20:35 - Jun 24 by Benters2

Soooo when the Leeds fans sang it to the Germans at PR last time they were here,the Germans found it funny?

I'm trying.

I don't recall many people mentioning it on here, TBH.

Here's on for you though. Knowing full well that our Dusseldorf friends come over at least once a year and are embraced by ITFC as a whole, why would you even consider singing something that could antagonise?

I'll wait.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'll tell you what on 20:41 - Jun 24 with 2289 viewsnoggin

I'll tell you what on 19:59 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

I would imagine the couple would probably be reduced to tears if this d!ckhead had sung God Save The Queen in their faces though - it's just bad behaviour full stop.

I imagine they are proud that we won the war, whoever it was against and it isn't to do with hating Germany but loving England against whoever we come up against

WE didn't win any wars.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I'll tell you what on 20:41 - Jun 24 with 2286 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:35 - Jun 24 by Benters2

Why did you come back on here? You don't like anyone, never have any kind words for anybody, few seem to like you very much either for that matter.

In addition, you never have anything positive to say. And you sure as hell never take an interest in Ipswich. So, why post here? What's in it for you? Is your life really that empty?

I'll tell you what on 20:46 - Jun 24 with 2250 viewsDarth_Koont

Rangers fans sing it too ... at least some do.

Which is another reason why they're the most disliked club in Scotland.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'll tell you what on 20:47 - Jun 24 with 2240 viewsPJH

I'll tell you what on 20:41 - Jun 24 by noggin

WE didn't win any wars.

We beat the Zulu's in 1879 although the Welsh helped by getting a draw at Rorke's Drift.
I'll tell you what on 20:50 - Jun 24 with 2214 viewsitfcjoe

I'll tell you what on 20:31 - Jun 24 by tractorshark

I’d put the German bombers song on a par with those about Hillsborough and Munich.
Outdated, not particularly funny and sung by morons who think that’s how you act at football matches in order to look hard.

Your first paragraph is utterly ridiculous

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024