Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll tell you what 16:19 - Jun 24 with 19161 viewstractordownsouth

I fooking hate that German Bombers song...

It was my first time watching an England game in the pub and it was a great atmosphere until this song broke out in the second half. There were parents singing along and teaching it to their kids, some of whom looked about 8 years old.

I know it's a bit of a dampener and I might be a bit of a snowflake but it's really uncomfortable and not what football should be about. It got to the point where I was hoping for a Panama goal to shut them up.

It was a shame because it was a great game otherwise.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I'll tell you what on 20:51 - Jun 24 with 4245 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:50 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Your first paragraph is utterly ridiculous

Why? Serious question.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'll tell you what on 20:51 - Jun 24 with 4244 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll tell you what on 20:50 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Your first paragraph is utterly ridiculous

He's 100% correct that it's outdated, surely?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'll tell you what on 20:52 - Jun 24 with 4228 viewsitfcjoe

I'll tell you what on 20:51 - Jun 24 by artsbossbeard

He's 100% correct that it's outdated, surely?

Do you think it’s the equivalent of Munich/Hillsborough chants?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'll tell you what on 20:53 - Jun 24 with 4215 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:52 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Things don't have to be equal to be distasteful.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I'll tell you what on 20:53 - Jun 24 with 4214 viewsvapour_trail

I'll tell you what on 20:41 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Why did you come back on here? You don't like anyone, never have any kind words for anybody, few seem to like you very much either for that matter.

In addition, you never have anything positive to say. And you sure as hell never take an interest in Ipswich. So, why post here? What's in it for you? Is your life really that empty?

He never went away. He created an alternative account to post from during his break. Sad fck.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I'll tell you what on 20:55 - Jun 24 with 4191 viewsitfcjoe

I'll tell you what on 20:51 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Why? Serious question.

War songs are just generic comic songs in reality, if it got into any real specifics it’s a bit different but really not the case

Songs about specific incidents and mocking of fans/clubs about tragedies is very different

I'll tell you what on 20:56 - Jun 24 with 4179 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll tell you what on 20:52 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Sorry bud, I don't get the relevance.

The Munich/Hillsborough thing is a scouse v Manchester thing, the 10 bombers songs is normally sung by people from Bath or Gloucester who don't have a proper team to support. And Benters, apparently.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I'll tell you what on 20:56 - Jun 24 with 4170 viewslinhdi

I'll tell you what on 18:13 - Jun 24 by powinswitch

Banters. What do you know about war? Before answering, think about how many ex servicemen might read this site, most of whom will have served on operational tours, not watching sky news coverage. Many of whom will have lived in Germany, and may even be married to Germans.

Tolerance and moving on are the key here. When we play Scotland, and sing songs like cheer up Gordon Strachan, yeah that’s great. Taking the piss is awesome, when it is appropriate wit. We were playing Panama, not Germany, and banging on about a war 73 years past is getting boring.

In 1990 I lived in the fatherland, and had german friends. I was a Fortuna fan, attending all their home games, my friends were Monchengladbach fans, who were local rivals. They were proud of their homeland as was I. They loved Gazza, and thought he was the player of the tournament. They like I, and I believe you were all born after the war. Perhaps time to leave behind these songs that offer very little. Not even humour. And I am still proud of my country.

Spot on, powinswitch. And that is exactly why I have certain people on ignore.
Login to get fewer ads

I'll tell you what on 20:57 - Jun 24 with 4168 viewsitfcjoe

I'll tell you what on 20:53 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Things don't have to be equal to be distasteful.

They do to be on a par with other things though

I'll tell you what on 20:58 - Jun 24 with 4155 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll tell you what on 20:55 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

War songs are just generic comic songs in reality, if it got into any real specifics it’s a bit different but really not the case

Songs about specific incidents and mocking of fans/clubs about tragedies is very different

Not really. You're just saying you find one acceptable and one not. You've made a personal decision about what you find funny and what you don't find funny. I'm just saying I find all of those examples out of order.

I'll tell you what on 21:00 - Jun 24 with 4136 viewsMattinLondon

I'll tell you what on 20:41 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Why did you come back on here? You don't like anyone, never have any kind words for anybody, few seem to like you very much either for that matter.

In addition, you never have anything positive to say. And you sure as hell never take an interest in Ipswich. So, why post here? What's in it for you? Is your life really that empty?

His online profile makes him out to be a complete dick. Maybe in real life he is completely different- probably not.
I'll tell you what on 21:09 - Jun 24 with 4090 viewsLord_Lucan

I'll tell you what on 20:56 - Jun 24 by artsbossbeard

The Munich/Hillsborough thing is a scouse v Manchester thing, the 10 bombers songs is normally sung by people from Bath or Gloucester who don't have a proper team to support. And Benters, apparently.

The relevance is that he replied to someone earlier who said that it was as bad as Munich/Hillsborough songs - which it isn't.

I wouldn't sing it but I don't think it's quite as offensive as some want to make out.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'll tell you what on 21:10 - Jun 24 with 4091 viewsitfcjoe

I'll tell you what on 20:56 - Jun 24 by artsbossbeard

I’d say German Bombers is Bantz whereas Hillsborough/Munich is deliberately hurtful/nasty and designed to get a bad reaction

To equate the two as previous poster did seems way OTT to me.

I'll tell you what on 21:11 - Jun 24 with 4083 viewsm14_blue

I'll tell you what on 20:29 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

I haven't been much in the previous seasons. I am highly likely to have every Saturday off next season though.

I'm not telling you how to behave. I'm not TELLING you anything. I'm ASKING what the point is.

New job?
I'll tell you what on 21:23 - Jun 24 with 4058 viewsvapour_trail

I'll tell you what on 21:09 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

The relevance is that he replied to someone earlier who said that it was as bad as Munich/Hillsborough songs - which it isn't.

I wouldn't sing it but I don't think it's quite as offensive as some want to make out.

I would think most people agree with you Lucan. Very few people have taken offence,just observed that people singing it are very likely dickheads. Like the most vociferous supporters of it, obviously not including Joe.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I'll tell you what on 21:26 - Jun 24 with 4045 viewsLord_Lucan

I'll tell you what on 21:23 - Jun 24 by vapour_trail

I would think most people agree with you Lucan. Very few people have taken offence,just observed that people singing it are very likely dickheads. Like the most vociferous supporters of it, obviously not including Joe.

I agree with that.

The sort of people that usually sing it are beer stained tramps of fans, the sort that smash concourse lights up but run like fck in a ruck.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'll tell you what on 21:26 - Jun 24 with 4038 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll tell you what on 21:11 - Jun 24 by m14_blue

New job?

Not yet sadly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'll tell you what on 21:38 - Jun 24 with 4003 viewsfooters

I'll tell you what on 21:10 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

I’d say German Bombers is Bantz whereas Hillsborough/Munich is deliberately hurtful/nasty and designed to get a bad reaction

Dunno. English fans seem to sing it in spite. Most German fans I know have no idea what this 'rivalry' even is. Doesn't exist on their side. And, quite frankly, nothing to do with modern day Germans who have more education about their country's abhorrent actions than the average Brit.

Just nationalist tub-thumping tinpottery that's pretty embarrassing.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I'll tell you what on 21:48 - Jun 24 with 3967 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'll tell you what on 18:13 - Jun 24 by powinswitch

Banters. What do you know about war? Before answering, think about how many ex servicemen might read this site, most of whom will have served on operational tours, not watching sky news coverage. Many of whom will have lived in Germany, and may even be married to Germans.

Tolerance and moving on are the key here. When we play Scotland, and sing songs like cheer up Gordon Strachan, yeah that’s great. Taking the piss is awesome, when it is appropriate wit. We were playing Panama, not Germany, and banging on about a war 73 years past is getting boring.

In 1990 I lived in the fatherland, and had german friends. I was a Fortuna fan, attending all their home games, my friends were Monchengladbach fans, who were local rivals. They were proud of their homeland as was I. They loved Gazza, and thought he was the player of the tournament. They like I, and I believe you were all born after the war. Perhaps time to leave behind these songs that offer very little. Not even humour. And I am still proud of my country.

I’d somehow missed this thread today until now.

That’s undoubtedly the best post of the summer on here so far.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'll tell you what on 21:49 - Jun 24 with 3963 viewstractordownsouth

I'll tell you what on 20:35 - Jun 24 by Benters2

Soooo when the Leeds fans sang it to the Germans at PR last time they were here,the Germans found it funny?

Yet our snowflakes on here got upset?

I think you are trying to hard.

I find it funny how you are calling everyone snowflakes, conveniently forgetting the time you went off in a huff because there aren't enough Union Flags at Portman Road

I'll tell you what on 22:04 - Jun 24 with 3934 viewstractordownsouth

Just to point out, I don't find it 'offensive' as such, I'm pretty thick skinned on things like that. I was just quite uncomfortable at the fact that kids as young as 8 were singing and that it distracted from what was a great game, with what is effectively jingoistic nonsense

I'll tell you what on 22:13 - Jun 24 with 3916 viewsartsbossbeard

I'll tell you what on 21:10 - Jun 24 by itfcjoe

Bantz: From my many trips to Amsterdam, the locals love to talk about WWII and the fact that The Germans took all the bikes and melted down the steel for their war effort. To this day, when The Netherland play The Germans, the Dutch will sing "can we have our bike back".

Non-bantz: Glorifying the systematic bombing of cities and the killing of x'000's in the name of a war effort. It was an action that had to be carried out but the singing about by scores of young lads who'd sh1t themselves in a combat situation doesn't sit well with me. It's all a bit crass.

My opinion, of course. I fully accept this view isn't popular with some.

I'll tell you what on 22:14 - Jun 24 with 3913 viewsjeera

I'll tell you what on 22:04 - Jun 24 by tractordownsouth

Just to point out, I don't find it 'offensive' as such, I'm pretty thick skinned on things like that. I was just quite uncomfortable at the fact that kids as young as 8 were singing and that it distracted from what was a great game, with what is effectively jingoistic nonsense

I shouldn't worry too much about it.

You're just a bit further along the evolutionary chain than some.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I'll tell you what on 22:17 - Jun 24 with 3900 viewsfooters

I'll tell you what on 22:13 - Jun 24 by artsbossbeard

Bantz: From my many trips to Amsterdam, the locals love to talk about WWII and the fact that The Germans took all the bikes and melted down the steel for their war effort. To this day, when The Netherland play The Germans, the Dutch will sing "can we have our bike back".

Non-bantz: Glorifying the systematic bombing of cities and the killing of x'000's in the name of a war effort. It was an action that had to be carried out but the singing about by scores of young lads who'd sh1t themselves in a combat situation doesn't sit well with me. It's all a bit crass.

My opinion, of course. I fully accept this view isn't popular with some.

Especially as the 'RAF from England' weren't entirely that English...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I'll tell you what on 22:45 - Jun 24 with 3847 viewsSwailsey

I'll tell you what on 20:19 - Jun 24 by Benters2

This.

Isn’t it time you flounced off again? You suck, so much.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024