Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... 13:57 - Jun 24 with 4039 viewsCurrie10

We're an absolute shower.

Another day Panama could have had two.

Really need to tighten up moving forwards.

Job done today, Belgium is a pass, lets improve at the back last 16 then we'll have a good chance of doing well :)
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 13:59 - Jun 24 with 4027 viewsJ2BLUE

If the goal was three times as high and three times as wide Panama would be a real threat. We're playing the opposition. Belgium won't get that space.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 13:59 - Jun 24 with 4021 viewsSpruceMoose

Hardly a shower. A couple of slip ups which a better team may have been able to do something with. But a shower is OTT in my opinion.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 13:59 - Jun 24 with 4021 viewsCurrie10

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 13:59 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

If the goal was three times as high and three times as wide Panama would be a real threat. We're playing the opposition. Belgium won't get that space.

I just want us to win the bloody thing!

Loved that first half just hope we tighten up.....
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:00 - Jun 24 with 4004 viewsBloomBlue

Geez no side is ever perfect
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:00 - Jun 24 with 4007 viewsCurrie10

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 13:59 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

Hardly a shower. A couple of slip ups which a better team may have been able to do something with. But a shower is OTT in my opinion.

It's how I see it.

Panama are absolutely horrific and they've manged to tear us a wrong un a couple of times
( early on )

I doubt they will second but the backline concerns me.
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:01 - Jun 24 with 3993 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I'm guessing you're not a glass half full kind of guy!
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:02 - Jun 24 with 3985 viewsSpruceMoose

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:00 - Jun 24 by Currie10

It's how I see it.

Panama are absolutely horrific and they've manged to tear us a wrong un a couple of times
( early on )

I doubt they will second but the backline concerns me.

Fair enough.

I'd hate to see how you would describe Town's defending at times last season if that counts as a shower though!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 15:17]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:08 - Jun 24 with 3959 viewsSuperfrans

I assume you’re taking the pi$$...

If you can’t enjoy it when your team is winning 5-0 at half time, you really might as well give up.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:10 - Jun 24 with 3946 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tend to agree, our defence will be our undoing - but there’s no doubt we’re much improved from the last couple of tournaments, even if we haven’t played the strongest of opposition yet

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:27 - Jun 24 with 3906 viewsBloomBlue

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:10 - Jun 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Tend to agree, our defence will be our undoing - but there’s no doubt we’re much improved from the last couple of tournaments, even if we haven’t played the strongest of opposition yet

But you can also argue no team's defending so far has been great
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:29 - Jun 24 with 3896 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:27 - Jun 24 by BloomBlue

But you can also argue no team's defending so far has been great

Probably, but I still think it’ll be what does for us

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:32 - Jun 24 with 3884 viewsMullet

Belgium are surprisingly similar to us in many respects.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:33 - Jun 24 with 3883 viewsDeano69

Have a day off and enjoy the fact we don’t need to defend well today.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 14:35]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:59 - Jun 24 with 3774 viewsCurrie10

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:08 - Jun 24 by Superfrans

I assume you’re taking the pi$$...

If you can’t enjoy it when your team is winning 5-0 at half time, you really might as well give up.

No, I'm not taking the pi55.

Superb 5-0 half time and a fantastic 6-1 win vs very poor opposition which we MADE look poor by being very very good.

Defensively though, we've conceded to a terrible side who could have had 2 or 3 another day themselves.

If you really find that level of defending acceptable then each to their own.

I'm not glossing over how poor we are at the back due to hammering a crap team.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 14:59]
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:04 - Jun 24 with 3751 viewsSpruceMoose

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:59 - Jun 24 by Currie10

Superb 5-0 half time and a fantastic 6-1 win vs very poor opposition which we MADE look poor by being very very good.

Defensively though, we've conceded to a terrible side who could have had 2 or 3 another day themselves.

It'll be fine. Belgium have looked like a shower of sh1t at the back too. Expect a 5-5 draw.

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:11 - Jun 24 with 3727 viewsCurrie10

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:04 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

It'll be fine. Belgium have looked like a shower of sh1t at the back too. Expect a 5-5 draw.

I'm going so it'll be 0-0 !

They have Kompany back / Vermalen fitter so perhaps will help their defensive wobbles. Like us, they've been an absolute shower themselves at the back. Could have been 11-4 yesterday.

I think set piece attacking, we're perhaps the greatest side in the tournament. Think we'll definitely score 1 or 2 vs Belgium from that alone. They are all over the place.

I don't see a clean sheet for us though. Panama + Tunisia both have caused us plenty more problems than they should, so you'd imagine Belgium will also knock on the door and net.

A little concerned about a lack of open play chances created from England too. Need to do a bit better with the ball in open play however that can come.

6/6 is just what the dr ordered and allows us to build.

Come on England :)
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:15 - Jun 24 with 3708 viewsjpring89

Players switched off as we were winning 6-0. What a shocker. Good for Panama getting their World Cup goal to be fair. Players didn’t need to waste needless energy in that heat. Well played England.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:18 - Jun 24 with 3695 viewsSpruceMoose

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:11 - Jun 24 by Currie10

I'm going so it'll be 0-0 !

They have Kompany back / Vermalen fitter so perhaps will help their defensive wobbles. Like us, they've been an absolute shower themselves at the back. Could have been 11-4 yesterday.

I think set piece attacking, we're perhaps the greatest side in the tournament. Think we'll definitely score 1 or 2 vs Belgium from that alone. They are all over the place.

I don't see a clean sheet for us though. Panama + Tunisia both have caused us plenty more problems than they should, so you'd imagine Belgium will also knock on the door and net.

A little concerned about a lack of open play chances created from England too. Need to do a bit better with the ball in open play however that can come.

6/6 is just what the dr ordered and allows us to build.

Come on England :)

Both teams qualified... One eye on the next round... I'd be surprised if its a thriller.

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:37 - Jun 24 with 3657 viewsHennikerBlu

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 13:59 - Jun 24 by SpruceMoose

One of your best posts ever, objective, articulate and measured. Without a single double entendre well played!

Seriously without a moose loose about this house TWTD wouldn't be the same!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 15:40]
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:57 - Jun 24 with 3609 viewsbluejake78

I've got an a5se like Japan's flag after my Saturday night curry
Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 16:34 - Jun 24 with 3547 viewsSuperfrans

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 14:59 - Jun 24 by Currie10

I’d just have a beer, relax and enjoy the win for just a couple of minutes, mate.

We’ve drawn 0-0 against crap teams so many times in the past, I’ll enjoy hammering a crap team any day of the week.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 17:42 - Jun 24 with 3447 viewsSpruceMoose

Won't be a popular post this but defensively... on 15:37 - Jun 24 by HennikerBlu

One of your best posts ever, objective, articulate and measured. Without a single double entendre well played!

Seriously without a moose loose about this house TWTD wouldn't be the same!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 15:40]

That's my one for the year!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024