Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do people make of this? 08:01 - Jun 24 with 7066 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44588939

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What do people make of this? on 21:26 - Jun 24 with 1988 viewsJ2BLUE

What do people make of this? on 20:56 - Jun 24 by sparks

I think you are wrong. Society should say that people cannot have a whites only restaurant.

Disagree. Society would ruin that restaurant financially by boycotting it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What do people make of this? on 21:54 - Jun 24 with 1976 viewstcblue

What do people make of this? on 21:26 - Jun 24 by J2BLUE

Disagree. Society would ruin that restaurant financially by boycotting it.

Perhaps. But I think we've learned lessons the hard way in the past that mean that small social erosions of "what's right and just" build up over time left unchecked and become something much, much worse.

Funnily enough was just reading this thread about it on Twitter.

What do people make of this? on 22:13 - Jun 24 with 1965 viewseireblue

Shame, it would have been a nice opportunity,..

"No, that is indeed our tremendous alternative version of the Chanterelle & Scape Risotto, we like to separate all the ingredients from each other and keep them apart in little containers"
What do people make of this? on 23:28 - Jun 24 with 1927 viewsDarth_Koont

What do people make of this? on 22:13 - Jun 24 by eireblue

Shame, it would have been a nice opportunity,..

"No, that is indeed our tremendous alternative version of the Chanterelle & Scape Risotto, we like to separate all the ingredients from each other and keep them apart in little containers"

Haha! Indeed.

Alternatively, you could ask Sanders to leave and then when she tweets about it you just deny it ever happened.

Pronouns: He/Him

What do people make of this? on 21:58 - Jun 25 with 1841 viewsStokieBlue

Trumps had his say, well balanced as ever:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What do people make of this? on 21:59 - Jun 25 with 1842 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What do people make of this? on 08:38 - Jun 24 by GlasgowBlue

It’s a slippery slope. However the owner has the right to refuse to serve whomever they please.

Not in this country
What do people make of this? on 22:11 - Jun 25 with 1830 viewsTrequartista

Is this even a debate? Of course it's wrong. Unless it's one rule for people you like, and one rule for people you don't.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 25 with 1830 viewsjeera

What do people make of this? on 22:11 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

Is this even a debate? Of course it's wrong. Unless it's one rule for people you like, and one rule for people you don't.

Unless you're the owner, how can you say it's right or wrong for them?

If it were on grounds of personal characteristics then yes, I'd agree, but it isn't.

They didn't want to wait on someone they clearly dislike for opinions and policies the person stands by. Are they not also allowed to display their displeasure?

A business owner didn't used to have to explain themselves when refusing service and I don't know how the law stands now in this country without looking it up.

But providing it isn't due to a protected characteristic then why not? A publican can refuse service can't they?

[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 23:17]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

What do people make of this? on 22:20 - Jun 25 with 1812 viewsPinewoodblue

What do people make of this? on 21:59 - Jun 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

Not in this country

Try a get in a 'home' pub at your next away game..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:29 - Jun 25 with 1799 viewsTrequartista

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 25 by jeera

Unless you're the owner, how can you say it's right or wrong for them?

If it were on grounds of personal characteristics then yes, I'd agree, but it isn't.

They didn't want to wait on someone they clearly dislike for opinions and policies the person stands by. Are they not also allowed to display their displeasure?

A business owner didn't used to have to explain themselves when refusing service and I don't know how the law stands now in this country without looking it up.

But providing it isn't due to a protected characteristic then why not? A publican can refuse service can't they?

[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 23:17]

If you allow that then you can start picking on anyone because of their creed or colour and then just say "well i just don't like their opinions" as an excuse. Unless there is a specific reason e.g. they caught her shoplifting on a previous occasion, i think it's wrong.

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:31 - Jun 25 with 1795 viewsjeera

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:29 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

If you allow that then you can start picking on anyone because of their creed or colour and then just say "well i just don't like their opinions" as an excuse. Unless there is a specific reason e.g. they caught her shoplifting on a previous occasion, i think it's wrong.

"you can start picking on anyone because of their creed or colour", but then you may well have your hands full. It's against the law for obvious reasons.

If I think someone is a complete and utter tool and don't want them anywhere near me, my staff, or my business then I feel that's a different matter entirely.

What do people make of this? on 22:37 - Jun 25 with 1786 viewsGeoffSentence

So far as I can see, it is an unexplained link to the BBC website.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 25 with 1774 viewsTrequartista

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:31 - Jun 25 by jeera

"you can start picking on anyone because of their creed or colour", but then you may well have your hands full. It's against the law for obvious reasons.

If I think someone is a complete and utter tool and don't want them anywhere near me, my staff, or my business then I feel that's a different matter entirely.

as i already said, you could just use the utter tool defence for picking on someone for their creed or colour.

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:58 - Jun 25 with 1771 viewsDarth_Koont

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

as i already said, you could just use the utter tool defence for picking on someone for their creed or colour.

Eh? Only if you were looking for a justification for being a bigot.

Pronouns: He/Him

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 23:04 - Jun 25 with 1760 viewsjeera

What do people make of this? (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

I get that, but that would be against the Equality Act 2010, and you would face possible court action, (in this country).

When taxi-driving for a few years, (yes, I know, my dream job), I refused many customers for what I felt were legitimate reasons. Some complained. No one took me to court.

One would have had to explain that he stank so much that I could not be in close proximity without being sick.

Another would have had to explain I wouldn't take him because he was a disgusting pervert who was outspoken about his desires for young girls and also because of his extremely outspoken bigoted views.

I am just trying to get across that I am entitled to feel ok in my own work environment without having people I am uncomfortable with forced upon me.

My examples are my own and in no way intended to be a reflection of your views. I understand what you are trying to say.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 23:16]

What do people make of this? on 06:37 - Jun 26 with 1707 viewsimsureazzure

What do people make of this? on 22:20 - Jun 25 by Pinewoodblue

Try a get in a 'home' pub at your next away game..

That is open discrimination, everyone is equal, just that some are more equal than others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024