Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? 11:31 - Jun 22 with 5838 viewsclive_baker

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crime/london-marathon-cheat-who-crossed-finish-li

I mean yeah, silly thing to do, but prison? Seems a bit of an over-reaction IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 11:32 - Jun 22 with 3757 viewsKeno

at least he isn't homeless for 16 weeks, that has to be a bonus

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 11:33 - Jun 22 with 3754 viewsclive_baker

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 11:32 - Jun 22 by Keno

Sad, but probably true.

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:14 - Jun 22 with 3694 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 11:32 - Jun 22 by Keno

Ouch!

Incredibly harsh sentence. And you just know that had this been that Oxford graduate who stabbed her boyfriend to death, there's no way a prison sentence would have been imposed (as it wasn't in her case). Whilst a bit of a knob (obviously) he's a victim of his circumstances by the looks of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:27 - Jun 22 with 3672 viewsuefacup81

Is it perhaps a blessing in disguise? Is he likely to get support in helping him to have accommodation lined up when he leaves prison?

Either way, definitely a victim of his social standing when it comes to the sentence.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:27 - Jun 22 with 3670 viewsFrimleyBlue

3 weeks prison for stealing, 13 for picking up a number and running with it.

Sorry but wtf??

Now I'm no Tommy Robinson supporter and I agree he should be inside

BUT... IF the stories he posts are true and there are groomers and rapists being given suspended sentences etc.... and this guy gets 13 weeks inside for this act. you have to ask where is the justice?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:36 - Jun 22 with 3646 viewsKeno

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:14 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Ouch!

Incredibly harsh sentence. And you just know that had this been that Oxford graduate who stabbed her boyfriend to death, there's no way a prison sentence would have been imposed (as it wasn't in her case). Whilst a bit of a knob (obviously) he's a victim of his circumstances by the looks of it.

It wasn't meant as an Ouch!

It I a harsh sentence and totally out of proportion

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:41 - Jun 22 with 3630 viewsLord_Lucan

Unless there is something not reported that we don't know about it is absolutely mental.

Someone though made a very good point, as a serving offender he will be given a leg up on his release to find work and a home - possibly a gardeners assistant with live in accommodation in Great Bentley.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:43 - Jun 22 with 3623 viewsbluejake78

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:41 - Jun 22 by Lord_Lucan

Unless there is something not reported that we don't know about it is absolutely mental.

Someone though made a very good point, as a serving offender he will be given a leg up on his release to find work and a home - possibly a gardeners assistant with live in accommodation in Great Bentley.

I would not wish that on anyone.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:45 - Jun 22 with 3621 viewsYaffle

This is disgraceful. Looking at the sentencing guidelines ( https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Fraud_bribery_and_money_ ) I cannot for the life of me figure out how they got to 13 weeks for the 'fraud'. Nothing was premeditated, I'm struggling to see who even suffered a loss (the actual runner had stopped running and didn't make it to the finish), it was a spur of the moment decision. At worst it should have been a community order. Very harsh.
Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:48 - Jun 22 with 3607 viewsbluejake78

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:45 - Jun 22 by Yaffle

This is disgraceful. Looking at the sentencing guidelines ( https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Fraud_bribery_and_money_ ) I cannot for the life of me figure out how they got to 13 weeks for the 'fraud'. Nothing was premeditated, I'm struggling to see who even suffered a loss (the actual runner had stopped running and didn't make it to the finish), it was a spur of the moment decision. At worst it should have been a community order. Very harsh.

do one we can't be having cheats.
Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:52 - Jun 22 with 3582 viewsclive_baker

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:45 - Jun 22 by Yaffle

Exactly. It made no odds at all to the actual runner. He had dropped the number accidentally, he was removed before the end regardless, whether that number was being used by this bloke or getting trampled on on the floor 3 miles back.

I can only assume the judge thought 'I can't fine him as I would anyone else, due to him being homeless and skint, so I'll throw him in the slammer for a couple of months'. Absolute joke on the face of it. Sounds like he's fallen on hard times, which will be made infinitely harder in terms of getting employment if he's got a prison sentence to his name. Not sure if he has history or whatever, but on the face of it it's so harsh.

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 13:00 - Jun 22 with 3571 viewsbluejake78

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:48 - Jun 22 by bluejake78

do one we can't be having cheats.

the Tunisia were allover Harry Kane...comment please...cheats
Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 13:10 - Jun 22 with 3548 viewsTJS

So basically he gate crashed the London marathon and 'stole' an essentially worthless piece of metal attached to a ribbon - hardly crime of the century.
I don't see what relevance the alleged prestige of the event has to sentencing either.
Perhaps he should have thrown in a bit of GBH as the standard sentence for that seems to be community service these days.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 13:12]
Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 13:28 - Jun 22 with 3499 viewsSouperJim

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:52 - Jun 22 by clive_baker

Exactly. It made no odds at all to the actual runner. He had dropped the number accidentally, he was removed before the end regardless, whether that number was being used by this bloke or getting trampled on on the floor 3 miles back.

I can only assume the judge thought 'I can't fine him as I would anyone else, due to him being homeless and skint, so I'll throw him in the slammer for a couple of months'. Absolute joke on the face of it. Sounds like he's fallen on hard times, which will be made infinitely harder in terms of getting employment if he's got a prison sentence to his name. Not sure if he has history or whatever, but on the face of it it's so harsh.

He appears to have mental health issues if the story is anything to go buy. A custodial sentence of any sort is ridiculous. The guy needs help, not punishment.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 15:58 - Jun 22 with 3387 viewsPinewoodblue

Any chance this thread will keep running and become a marathon?.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 16:01 - Jun 22 with 3382 viewsKeno

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 15:58 - Jun 22 by Pinewoodblue

Any chance this thread will keep running and become a marathon?.

it will have a few hurdles to get over to achieve that

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:22 - Jun 22 with 3281 viewsjeera

He could have just not done it.

He even then posed for it.

He knew what he was doing - whatever that was.

I'm now on board with the anti-snowflake 'brigade'.

I am half-jesting, but also feck him. Why the pity for a blatant liar and cheat?

Taking [trying to take] credit for something someone has achieved in the name of charity etc.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:27 - Jun 22 with 3272 viewsEireannach_gorm

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:22 - Jun 22 by jeera

He could have just not done it.

He even then posed for it.

He knew what he was doing - whatever that was.

I'm now on board with the anti-snowflake 'brigade'.

I am half-jesting, but also feck him. Why the pity for a blatant liar and cheat?

Taking [trying to take] credit for something someone has achieved in the name of charity etc.

Hanging is too good for the likes of him.
Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:31 - Jun 22 with 3268 viewsjeera

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:27 - Jun 22 by Eireannach_gorm

Hanging is too good for the likes of him.

Pfft.

Now that's not what I said at all.

And I am a leftie. but fair's fair.

I am not prepared to make excuses for everyone, every day, for everything, all the time.

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:31 - Jun 22 with 3266 viewstcblue

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 12:14 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Ouch!

Small but important point of order, she didn't kill her boyfriend.

As for this guy, yes it seems harsh - it wasn't just the finishing the race though, he also claimed (stole) the poor guy's finishers medal.
Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:33 - Jun 22 with 3264 viewsjpring89

Ive known people get beaten to within an inch of their life and the persons who done it get suspended sentences so yes this is a bag a of dog sh1t. It’s actually quite humorous.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:35 - Jun 22 with 3261 viewsjeera

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:31 - Jun 22 by tcblue

As for this guy, yes it seems harsh - it wasn't just the finishing the race though, he also claimed (stole) the poor guy's finishers medal.

"Small, but important [detail]".

No one died Swanners!

She stabbed him in the leg.

Not that that's ok of course.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 23:35]

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:45 - Jun 22 with 3247 viewsjeera

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:33 - Jun 22 by jpring89

Ive known people get beaten to within an inch of their life and the persons who done it get suspended sentences so yes this is a bag a of dog sh1t. It’s actually quite humorous.

Did.

It's 'did'.

You should get a month for that.

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 07:47 - Jun 23 with 3199 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 23:31 - Jun 22 by tcblue

He didn’t steal the other persons medal, as they didn’t finish the race so wouldn’t have received one anyway

He basically ‘stole’ a medal from the marathon, that would have been left over anyway and presumably disposed of

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me, or is a prison sentence a little OTT for this? on 07:51 - Jun 23 with 3197 viewsBackToRussia

Fook the London Marathon and fook Heathrow

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024