Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? 09:36 - May 28 with 6084 viewsclive_baker

He’s off to Dubai today with his family. My prediction is it’ll be announced on Tuesday 5th.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:38 - May 28 with 6063 viewstractorboy1978

Tomorrow.
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:39 - May 28 with 6053 viewsKieran_Knows

Thursday.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:44 - May 28 with 6005 viewsclive_baker

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:38 - May 28 by tractorboy1978

Tomorrow.

He’s unlikely to cut short his holiday IMO.

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:44 - May 28 with 6002 viewsDanFord

Hopefully he’s off to where Jack Ross stayed. Shady Villas.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:49 - May 28 with 5967 viewstractorboy1978

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:44 - May 28 by clive_baker

He’s unlikely to cut short his holiday IMO.

Doesn't need to be here in person for it to be confirmed.
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:51 - May 28 with 5946 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Wednesday afternoon.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:52 - May 28 with 5930 viewsJ2BLUE

11th June 2pm

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:53 - May 28 with 5925 viewsSaigonTractor

Tuesday to coincide with the kit announcement
Login to get fewer ads

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:56 - May 28 with 5918 viewsSouperJim

So Hurst flying off to Dubai today for a week, then on a LMA course when he gets back... yet he'll be our manager within days? Begs the question has Evans already met him and discussed things? The concept of it all being done over the phone seems odd to me.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:59 - May 28 with 5884 viewsKieran_Knows

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:56 - May 28 by SouperJim

So Hurst flying off to Dubai today for a week, then on a LMA course when he gets back... yet he'll be our manager within days? Begs the question has Evans already met him and discussed things? The concept of it all being done over the phone seems odd to me.

Or he quite simply delays his holiday for another day or so? Not sure it’s going to bother him when he’s appointed the manager of us and no doubt triples his wages.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 10:01 - May 28 with 5872 viewsBetablocker

I think the benchmark is... prior to the Korean summit or after?
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 10:01 - May 28 with 5873 viewsFreddy

Doubt anything has been agreed yet & he said yesterday there had been other interest so may want to speak to them too

My guess would be news at the weekend
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 10:36 - May 28 with 5770 viewsSouperJim

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 10:01 - May 28 by Freddy

Doubt anything has been agreed yet & he said yesterday there had been other interest so may want to speak to them too

My guess would be news at the weekend

I'm just surprised that it's being reported as cut and dried and now seems to be an accepted fact that he'll be ours within days, given that it'll be at least a week now before he's back in the country and potentially will have other offers.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 10:56 - May 28 with 5698 viewsGuthrum

That's what agents are for, dealing with negotiations and tying up the legal/admin stuff. If, as some have suggested, we have been watching Hurst for some months, that may be interview enough. Plus, as Phil has hinted, there may have been previous informal contact (with Shrewsbury's permission), but all kept under wraps until the play-offs were out of the way.

The process doesn't need to be done in a full blaze of publicity, especially if in sensitive circumstances for all parties.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 11:01 - May 28 with 5679 viewsbluehook

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:49 - May 28 by tractorboy1978

Doesn't need to be here in person for it to be confirmed.

Surely he needs to actually meet Evans firstly though?
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 11:36 - May 28 with 5578 viewstractorboy1978

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 11:01 - May 28 by bluehook

My confidence around this being wrapped up swiftly and not going tits up is entirely down to Phil's apparent confidence. No pressure, Phil.
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 11:37 - May 28 with 5572 viewsElderGrizzly

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 09:59 - May 28 by Kieran_Knows

Or he quite simply delays his holiday for another day or so? Not sure it’s going to bother him when he’s appointed the manager of us and no doubt triples his wages.

Evans has already spoken to him and his represenatives way before the play off final.

I’m surprised how many are surprised that he is denying it. Not everything has to be made public...
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 12:05 - May 28 with 5469 viewsdebenhamblue

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 11:01 - May 28 by bluehook

If they have not met there has clearly been contact - I would expect ME to have a presence/property in Dubai or thereabouts. They dont have to meet at playford road
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 18:02 - May 28 with 5150 viewsLTblue

No time would surprise me given how underhand football is,the only surprise is that people are naive enough to think that if he is the chosen one that he's not been spoken to well before now.
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 18:37 - May 28 with 5015 viewsclive_baker

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 18:02 - May 28 by LTblue

No time would surprise me given how underhand football is,the only surprise is that people are naive enough to think that if he is the chosen one that he's not been spoken to well before now.

I don’t doubt he’s been spoken to. The question is more when it’ll be formally announced, with a picture of his big grinning face and holding aloft a town scarf on the pitch. I don’t think we’ll see that this week.

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 18:41 - May 28 with 4988 viewsWestSussexBlue

Face to Face conference calls exist.
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 18:48 - May 28 with 4931 viewsSuperfrans

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 11:36 - May 28 by tractorboy1978

My confidence around this being wrapped up swiftly and not going tits up is entirely down to Phil's apparent confidence. No pressure, Phil.

Me too. My confidence about most things in life are based on what Phil tells us.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 18:48 - May 28 with 4922 viewsjas0999

More importantly, who will be making the key decisions in the interim. Less than two months to prepare a wafer thin squad for next season. Who’s doing the transfers etc?
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 19:44 - May 28 with 4767 viewsNo9

Didn't Phil say there has (as far as he knows) been no communication between the parties as yet?

Mr Hurst has some obligations to his current employers, given what one would expect to be done then the timeframe suggests he can't turn up & PR much before the end of June?
Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 20:58 - May 28 with 4604 viewsSuperfrans

Hurst - when do we think it might happen? on 18:48 - May 28 by jas0999

More importantly, who will be making the key decisions in the interim. Less than two months to prepare a wafer thin squad for next season. Who’s doing the transfers etc?

Personally, I’m not sure this could be described as wafer thin.

GK - Bart, Gerken
FB - Spence, Knudsen, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Cotter
CB - Chambers, Webster, Woolfenden, Smith.
MF - Skuse, Bishop, Nydam, Huws, Adeyemi, Ward, Downs,
FW - Waghorn, Garner, Folami, Drinan, Sears, Morris

Bowman’s job will have been to identify potential recruits in all areas of the squad, assuming the new manager wants to improve in those areas. The worry for me is the amount of time he’ll have to run his eye over the squad before the transfer window closes in early August. At best, he may we’ll have two months in total (assuming he’s appointed within the next week or so).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024