Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish championship 20:15 - May 25 with 1809 viewsLeoMuff

Now I thought our season was bang average, but looking at the Scottish championship Brechin got 4 points ALL season ! Conceded 90 and scored 20 over 36 games, of which they failed to win a single one. Wow

Also Dumbarton not much better with 30 points, conceding 63.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Scottish championship on 20:23 - May 25 with 1758 viewsSuperblue95

Not sure I'd call getting 4 points all season bang average! Think the divide between the bigger Scottish clubs and smaller ones is monumental hence why the small clubs who make it up from the lower Scottish leagues always end up straight back down there.

I don't see the likes of Peterhead or Stenhousmuir making it to the Scottish Prem any time soon

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Scottish championship on 20:32 - May 25 with 1732 viewsstrikalite

Keeping Shrewsbury in the top three all season and making the play off final is worlds ahead of what Jack Ross has done with St Mirren, Scottish Championship is League Two at best..
Scottish championship on 20:38 - May 25 with 1716 viewswallyvincent

Scottish championship on 20:32 - May 25 by strikalite

Keeping Shrewsbury in the top three all season and making the play off final is worlds ahead of what Jack Ross has done with St Mirren, Scottish Championship is League Two at best..

The spread of teams is like fro League1 to Conference South. Not that I’m going to knock Ross’s achievement, he clearly does have something about him but I’d agree that what Hurdt has done is at the very least as good if not better.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Scottish championship on 21:01 - May 25 with 1665 viewsHarry_Palmer

Scottish championship on 20:38 - May 25 by wallyvincent

The spread of teams is like fro League1 to Conference South. Not that I’m going to knock Ross’s achievement, he clearly does have something about him but I’d agree that what Hurdt has done is at the very least as good if not better.

Look at St Mirren's results as well, yes they won a lot of games but they also suffered 8 defeats and some were quite heavy.

Greenock Morton 4 - 1 St Mirren
Dunfermline 3 - 0 St Mirren
Aberdeen 4 - 1 St Mirren ( cup )
Livingston 4 - 1 St Mirren

Ross still has a lot to prove for me, it will be interesting to see how he does in a competitive league.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 21:06]
Scottish championship on 21:08 - May 25 with 1637 viewsPilgrimblue

Quite agree. Scottish football is at least two leagues lower and I doubt whether their Championship would cope in League 2.
Ross clearly has talents but he's got no knowledge of our leagues so will find it difficult even in League 1. I feel we'd be better off with Hurst whose knowledge will be invaluable . If it isn't him then who knows maybe a real surprise.
Scottish championship on 22:52 - May 25 with 1501 viewsbraveblue

Amazing number of experts on here suddenly who know the standard of Scottish championship football. Said with such authority as well!!
Scottish championship on 22:58 - May 25 with 1486 viewslinhdi

The previous season, Brechin achieved a most unexpected promotion, and knew they were really going to struggle all season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024