Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Index - thoughts? 14:31 - May 25 with 9815 viewsAlan_Handsome

Is anyone on here involved in FI? I've been doing it seriosuly now for about 8 months and i'm struggling to see a catch? I've ploughed in £9334 and made £2086 profit, not through any 'system' or 'method'....but just by buying players who are presently undervalued (Grealish, Sessegnon, Cairney, Mawson (he's better than swansea), Lascelles, Jota, Neves, Boly etc) and watching them increase with time, as they get closer to teh promised land of the PL, or a transfer. Made some money on some young european talent who are improving all the time (NDombele, Aouar, Pavard etc) just as a result of knowing who to watch out for in europe (mainly as a result of listening to EVERY football podcast going). Grealish for example, bought him for 97p about 6 months ago....he's £1.60 now and rising. The other thing that seems quite easy to get a return on is injured players.....buy them JUST as they are starting to come back from injury and watch them rise (Milik for example, and maybe Mings next).

I've heard people comparing it to a ponzi scheme ha ha, but i can't see that, given that it's regulated.

I just wondered whether anyone else on here was investing in it?

I think with the massively increased advertising/marketting campaign that it'll take off as the World cup comes round.

Thoughts????

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:33 - May 25 with 6781 viewsDanFord

My thoughts are I wouldn't gamble £9,000 to try and win an extra £2,000.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:38 - May 25 with 6761 viewsportmanking

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:33 - May 25 by DanFord

Good luck finding a savings account that offers a 22% return on investment.
Football Index - thoughts? on 14:45 - May 25 with 6737 viewsclive_baker

I don't partake because I'm bitter. I had this exact same idea back in 2010 with a friend of mine, about 5 years before this launched. We mapped out how it might work and it's literally this exact idea. Livid I didn't act on it. We thought the same concept could be applied to celebrities too, emerging actors etc.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:47 - May 25 with 6731 viewsJakeITFC

The market itself doesn’t seem to make much sense from when I’ve looked at it, which put me off.

Does mug money boost your returns? It does seem a bit ponzi.
Football Index - thoughts? on 14:47 - May 25 with 6728 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:33 - May 25 by DanFord

He probably got really good at betting £9 and winning an extra £2.

Poll: Best Football Song

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:52 - May 25 with 6719 viewsAlan_Handsome

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:45 - May 25 by clive_baker

I don't partake because I'm bitter. I had this exact same idea back in 2010 with a friend of mine, about 5 years before this launched. We mapped out how it might work and it's literally this exact idea. Livid I didn't act on it. We thought the same concept could be applied to celebrities too, emerging actors etc.

That's on the horizon. The founder Adam Cole has plans to transfer this exact game to celebrities....like celebdaq but with real money.

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:53 - May 25 with 6715 viewsAlan_Handsome

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:47 - May 25 by JakeITFC

The market itself doesn’t seem to make much sense from when I’ve looked at it, which put me off.

Does mug money boost your returns? It does seem a bit ponzi.

mug money....what's that?

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:53 - May 25 with 6712 viewsCurrie10

It is regulated however they only have permission to use the current webaddress until later this year so unless you've withdrawn all your ££££ - it could all go to rubbish yet. Only MADE the ££££ when in your bank.

That said, I use it and have around £285 in there - £20 in referrals. Made £10 and now I have a few of the big players I make a couple of ££££ a week.

Will only increase due to world cup / be interesting to see where it is in a year or so.
Login to get fewer ads

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:23 - May 25 with 6685 viewsDanFord

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:38 - May 25 by portmanking

It's almost like you don't realise the difference between a GUARANTEED savings account and betting isn't it. Pretty sure that the Halifax have never taken any money out of my savings when Anthony Martial has hit a patch of bad form.

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:32 - May 25 with 6664 viewsCurrie10

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:23 - May 25 by DanFord

It's almost like you don't realise the difference between a GUARANTEED savings account and betting isn't it. Pretty sure that the Halifax have never taken any money out of my savings when Anthony Martial has hit a patch of bad form.

Oh yes a guaranteed 1.8% or something rubbish like this - tax......... what a way to live life.
Football Index - thoughts? on 15:35 - May 25 with 6658 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't get my head around it. You're buying fake shares in a footballer so really you're buying nothing. You're relying on someone else offering you more money for your fake shares in the future.

I might be wrong but it has a real musical chairs feel to it where it's all good while the music is playing. Eventually it will stop and people will realise they are effectively trading nothing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:41 - May 25 with 6648 viewsAlan_Handsome

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:53 - May 25 by Currie10

It is regulated however they only have permission to use the current webaddress until later this year so unless you've withdrawn all your ££££ - it could all go to rubbish yet. Only MADE the ££££ when in your bank.

That said, I use it and have around £285 in there - £20 in referrals. Made £10 and now I have a few of the big players I make a couple of ££££ a week.

Will only increase due to world cup / be interesting to see where it is in a year or so.

Ah ok that's interesting about the web address, maybe they just bought the rights to it for a set amount of time to see if it took off?? My idea is to make £3k, then withdraw everything leaving only the profit in there to then re-invest. I do think it is falsely easy to make money at the moment, just purely from more people signing up to it every day and buying futures will make the whole market increase. Well that's what i assume, i haven't put an awful lot of time/effort/research into this and have made a reasonable return. The £100k of prizes oevr the WC i think will entice some new investors in, hopefully.

I appreciate it is still a gamble, but interestingly i've hardly had a traditional bet since....and i'm pretty ceratin over 20 years of traditional betting that my return wasn't 20%

Also....it did help soften the blow of seeing James Maddison doing wonders for them, seeing his price rocket mitigated the hurt...a bit.

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:48 - May 25 with 6629 viewsAlan_Handsome

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:35 - May 25 by J2BLUE

I can't get my head around it. You're buying fake shares in a footballer so really you're buying nothing. You're relying on someone else offering you more money for your fake shares in the future.

I might be wrong but it has a real musical chairs feel to it where it's all good while the music is playing. Eventually it will stop and people will realise they are effectively trading nothing.

My profile name on FI is Bernie Madofff....i do have reservations, but so far so good, it's been running for over 2 years and is growing all the time. There were 100,000 'traders' in January.....i wonder how many people place bets every weekend? There's room for growth, i think it's only in GB, ireland, canada and sweden to date.....so lots of room for foreign growth too, maybe?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:55 - May 25 with 6611 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It does sound like it could all collapse quite easily.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Football Index - thoughts? on 16:08 - May 25 with 6590 viewsDanFord

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:32 - May 25 by Currie10

Oh yes a guaranteed 1.8% or something rubbish like this - tax......... what a way to live life.

So you don't see any benefit in saving some money, just immediately gambling it? If you need £20k for a house deposit do you save a bit each month or just get £1k and stick it on Skuse to score first?

Football Index - thoughts? on 16:09 - May 25 with 6585 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Classic ponzi scheme tactics;

Show easy / good early returns, get 'investors' to attract new 'customers'.

Textbook.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Football Index - thoughts? on 16:17 - May 25 with 6571 viewsHARRY10

Football Index - thoughts? on 16:09 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Textbook.

It could work

There never has been anything similar in the world where folk just kept piling in more money because it could never end, I think.

Though It might we worth checking the US stock market crash of 1929 and see the comparisons

A fool and his money .......
Football Index - thoughts? on 22:24 - May 25 with 6463 viewsCurrie10

Football Index - thoughts? on 16:08 - May 25 by DanFord

So you don't see any benefit in saving some money, just immediately gambling it? If you need £20k for a house deposit do you save a bit each month or just get £1k and stick it on Skuse to score first?

Stick to the banks mate they sound up your street.
Football Index - thoughts? on 22:25 - May 25 with 6461 viewsCurrie10

Football Index - thoughts? on 16:09 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

Textbook.

1/100.

Again, stick to banks.
Football Index - thoughts? on 15:14 - Jun 13 with 4152 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:35 - May 25 by J2BLUE

I repeated this opinion to a mate who replied "how is it any different to normal betting? You are buying a promise from a bookmaker that they will honour your bet". I had no answer and looked into it a bit more.

Put £200 in and i've bought 5 young players who could all have massive seasons and cement their current places or earn big moves. The dividends part has also changed since I last looked so that looks better.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:17 - Jun 13 with 4144 viewsSpruceMoose

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:38 - May 25 by portmanking

Gambling isn't an investment. So you're wrong straight off the bat.

Just checked into my 401k account. Rate of return this year is 12%. That's an investment.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:22 - Jun 13 with 4126 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Was on it last year, only small £50 on a few players, but got frustrated with how they increase/decrease the players value. Some players doing well, would just stagnate in value, whilst others who had achieved nothing would boom!

Gus Uhlenbeek

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:30 - Jun 13 with 4110 viewsReuser_is_God

I was on it 18 months ago now.

Didn't put loads in at all (£400) but made a grand in 6 months without really doing anything. Took my money out purely because I needed the cash at that time but wish I'd kept in.

Some mates who invested big like yourself are now sitting on 20-30k profit.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:31]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:30 - Jun 13 with 4101 viewsReuser_is_God

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:23 - May 25 by DanFord

That's your own fault for investing in him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:38 - Jun 13 with 4072 viewsLeBlue

I like it - only put £120 in but currently valued at £216 so not a bad rate of return.

Had some shockers

Mkhitaryan - 75 pence per share to 46pps
Grealish - £2.36 to £1.97 (hopefully will bounce back next season)

Also some good 'uns

Van Dijk - 56 pps to £3.03
Zaha - 52 pps to £2.03
Matt Clarke - 39 pps to 49 pps (a move should hopefully increase price further)

Interestingly, our very own Dozzell has gone from 40 pps to 44 pps
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024